PDA

View Full Version : Frank and Maggs not Coming to Soxfest?

Tekijawa
01-20-2004, 11:08 AM
They've been there the past couple years, why aren't the coming this year? Conspiracy theorists make your case! Will the both be traded by next weekend?

FanOf14
01-20-2004, 11:12 AM
I think Frank will show up after all. He usually does.

fledgedrallycap
01-20-2004, 11:14 AM
That's what I read in the paper, Frank usually decides the Wednesday before and shows up.

Rocky Soprano
01-20-2004, 11:17 AM
Im hoping Maggs shows up, I really want his autograph.

Jerko
01-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Maybe they figured if they blow it off the way Scammy blows off the Cub convention, (until now), they would get God like treatment too!

MRKARNO
01-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Well, Considering that Thomas still hasn't returned Ozzie's calls, I'd be doubtful, but it could still happen.

soxrme
01-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Anybody else wonder why our wonder boy Rob Gallas would have Soxfest on SuperBowl weekend. The weekends before or after would only have press coverage of Soxfest. Does this man ever think?? :gulp:

voodoochile
01-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well, Considering that Thomas still hasn't returned Ozzie's calls, I'd be doubtful, but it could still happen.

Might be fore the best. Get them both on stage together and anything could happen. Don't want to start the season with a front page brawl now do we?

Not surprised by Maggs. If you were him, would you be there? They are trying to trade him and haven't re-signed him. At this point in time everything he does is going to be geared toward next years FA period. He could be sending the team a message. I also expect him to be more of a free swinger during the season.

voodoochile
01-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Anybody else wonder why our wonder boy Rob Gallas would have Soxfest on SuperBowl weekend. The weekends before or after would only have press coverage of Soxfest. Does this man ever think?? :gulp:

He thinks that they've got no good news so it's better to hide the fest where as few people as possible will talk about it and as few reporters as possible will mention it in their columns. In fact most of the really sarcastic witty columnists will be in Houston. With luck they won't get but a couple of "so and so showed up" columns and a nice article about the new UD...

StillMissOzzie
01-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Rocky Soprano
Im hoping Maggs shows up, I really want his autograph.

Not likely if you believe any of the revived Boston-White Sox-LA Dodgers talks will result in a trade this time.

SMO
:gulp:

gosox41
01-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
Not likely if you believe any of the revived Boston-White Sox-LA Dodgers talks will result in a trade this time.

SMO
:gulp:

Not according to KW in today's Trib. He basically said the Sox won't be part of a deal since all the other pieces of his plan fell apart (Juan Gone is off the market, etc.)

Of course he could be posturing. The Sox still need to cut payroll.

Bob

kittle42
01-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Of course he could be posturing. The Sox still need to cut payroll.

"need"

steff
01-21-2004, 01:13 PM

Maybe it had nothing to do with him or the Sox at all? Maybe it was the hotel's doings..?

Tekijawa
01-21-2004, 01:24 PM
There's more than one Hotel in Chicago...

steff
01-21-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
There's more than one Hotel in Chicago...

No way.. really???

Perhaps the Hyatt - where Sox Fest is ALWAYS held - has/had a booking conflict for the previous or next weekend?

Viva Magglio
01-21-2004, 01:28 PM

We have had SoxFest on Super Bowl weekend before, and it's never really been an issue. I look at it this way, SoxFest provides us a chance to get away from all the nauseating hype for the game.

CubKilla
01-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by steff
No way.. really???

Perhaps the Hyatt - where Sox Fest is ALWAYS held - has/had a booking conflict for the previous or next weekend?

JR should move SoxFest to the Hilton where the Cubs Convention is held. Something about those balconies and JR on a throne by himself looking down on all the "cheap, ungrateful, arrogant White Sox fans."

:reinsy

"It would be like looking down on my own, personal, fiefdom.

steff
01-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
JR should move SoxFest to the Hilton where the Cubs Convention is held. Something about those balconies and JR on a throne by himself looking down on all the "cheap, ungrateful, arrogant White Sox fans."

:reinsy

"It would be like looking down on my own, personal, fiefdom.

Personally I would rather it be at the Westin. The hotel staff is much nicer there.

Rocklive99
01-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
We have had SoxFest on Super Bowl weekend before, and it's never really been an issue. I look at it this way, SoxFest provides us a chance to get away from all the nauseating hype for the game.

Yup, I went 2 years ago on Superbowl Sunday. Less people in lines, and I stayed the whole time. I live like an hour away and get home with plenty of hours until the Superbowl started