PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little scared

gosox63
01-20-2004, 12:56 AM
What would you do if the White Sox were to move, or even worse be to be contracted by baseball all together.

Think about it....The cubs will vie for a world series in the next 3 years...this town will be even more one sided than ever. Plus our owner is a cheap you-know-what who sees it fit to scrap a damn good ballclub to a mere second farm system at best.

This isn't negative B.S. like most post.......There is some substance to this argument. What if.... this town doesn't need the sox. No one goes to the games, our team is inept, and on top of everything has a bad rap, with all the punk bs going on at the games (kids running out on the field).

think about it....

soxfan26
01-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by gosox63
What would you do if the White Sox were to move, or even worse be to be contracted by baseball all together.

Think about it....The cubs will vie for a world series in the next 3 years...this town will be even more one sided than ever. Plus our owner is a cheap you-know-what who sees it fit to scrap a damn good ballclub to a mere second farm system at best.

This isn't negative B.S. like most post.......There is some substance to this argument. What if.... this town doesn't need the sox. No one goes to the games, our team is inept, and on top of everything has a bad rap, with all the punk bs going on at the games (kids running out on the field).

think about it....

there coming to take me away... ha ha... ho ho... he he... ha ha...

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-20-2004, 02:43 AM
That would be my worst nightmare. I just could never see it happen though. Hopefully once the cubs lose wrigley or the unthinkable happens, all of the attention will turn to the White Sox. Knowing our luck, that wouldn't happen. I just couldn't see the MLB getting rid of the Sox since we're an ooooold team and we're in one of top 3 markets. Just because we have a cheap owner now, in 10 years or something everything could be different.

TommyJohn
01-20-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I just couldn't see the MLB getting rid of the Sox since we're an ooooold team and we're in one of top 3 markets.

:moron

I'm going to make it happen!!!!

OneDog
01-20-2004, 06:18 AM
:giangreco

No Jay, I will make it happen.
Shots of empty blue seats for everyone, on me!

jordan23ventura
01-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Just because we have a cheap owner now, in 10 years or something everything could be different.

It could change tomorrow if the right people were in place. The most disappointing thing of all is the way the farm sytem is run and the fact that in recent memory we haven't faired so well in the draft. I could deal with the Marlins system and a $60mil payroll much easier than the Sox and a 60mil payroll.

Huisj
01-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
It could change tomorrow if the right people were in place. The most disappointing thing of all is the way the farm sytem is run and the fact that in recent memory we haven't faired so well in the draft. I could deal with the Marlins system and a $60mil payroll much easier than the Sox and a 60mil payroll.

The strange thing about the sox farm system is that for like 5 or 6 years they've always had a good deal of prospects rated highly in the prospect rankings.

Either the sox have been very unlucky, their scouts way overhype their talent, or they are really bad at further developing talent.

joecrede
01-20-2004, 08:12 PM
The Sox have not had a top-10 draft choice since Alex Fernandez (1990?). The longest current stretch without a top-10 pick in MLB.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
there coming to take me away... ha ha... ho ho... he he... ha ha...

I agree!

However, this seems to be a favorite topic of Murph in the morning on the SCORE.
Didn't the Sox still draw just a bit below 2 million last year or am I mistaken?

voodoochile
01-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
I agree!

However, this seems to be a favorite topic of Murph in the morning on the SCORE.
Didn't the Sox still draw just a bit below 2 million last year or am I mistaken?

Yeah, and they just signed a 20 year lease extension, but never let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy... :D:

beckett21
01-20-2004, 09:19 PM
It's these scare tactics that bully the fans into supporting a mediocre team more concerned with their bottom line than with the product on the field. Eventually, people wisen up.

cubhater
01-20-2004, 09:44 PM
I sure as HELL won't switch allegience to the Cubs. I'll definitely attend more Brewer games, make weekend trips to Detroit to watch the Tiggers, and take in local minor league games.

If the Sox relocate, I wish the best for the current players and the worst for JR's wallet. Just think about his financial nightmares if he moved the team to Tampa years ago!

Lip Man 1
01-20-2004, 11:29 PM
With a new 20 year lease extension MLB will not be willing to have to pay to buy it out in order to close the team down.

You can be sure the city and state would get every lawyer in town to take them to court.

Lip

Blueprint1
01-21-2004, 12:31 AM
the current mayor of Chicago would not let this happen. end of story. In fact i bet it would turn into a Cleveland Browns situation where the Expos would move to Chicago and become the Whitesox. JR would be gone.