PDA

View Full Version : Being a responsible GM

lowesox
01-19-2004, 10:53 PM
IF the WhiteSox start this season without acquiring a 2B first, KW should be fired. Our only 2 options at 2B are both giant question marks. I think there's a chance that one of Uribe or Harris (I think Uribe is a little better) will surprise me, but Williams should be bringing in a veteran to ensure that we don't have a total implosion at that position. Mark McLemore would be an ideal choice, if you ask me.

munchman33
01-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
IF the WhiteSox start this season without acquiring a 2B first, KW should be fired. Our only 2 options at 2B are both giant question marks. I think there's a chance that one of Uribe or Harris (I think Uribe is a little better) will surprise me, but Williams should be bringing in a veteran to ensure that we don't have a total implosion at that position. Mark McLemore would be an ideal choice, if you ask me.

We have two young candadites that cost next to nothing. I believe that's a lot harder to do than simply sign an overpriced verteran whose production will be about the same.

Jjav829
01-19-2004, 11:08 PM

I'd like to see another option for 2B brought in as well, but Mark McLemore isn't the answer. He's 39 and coming off a banged up year in which his production was way down. I'm not happy with Willie Harris at second, but I'd rather see if maybe we can strike gold with him rather than watch some old bum like McLemore.

lowesox
01-19-2004, 11:28 PM
When I say McLemore, I don't necessarily mean to start. I mean to have around as a just in case. The nice thing about McLemore is that he has a history of leading off and can place most positions.

kittle42
01-20-2004, 01:35 AM
When I say McLemore, I don't necessarily mean to start. I mean to have around as a just in case. The nice thing about McLemore is that he has a history of leading off and can place most positions.

He is also washed up.

gosox41
01-20-2004, 07:30 AM

KW should be fired for about 10 other lousy moves he made, too.

Bob