PDA

View Full Version : Road Trippin

soxwon
01-19-2004, 06:07 PM
is anyone considering going on any road trips this year?
ill be going to Toronto in may to see us play.
we also travel to Miami and New York(shea), also montreal in june.
cleveland and detroit are close and lots of sox fans show up.
just wanted to know if anyone has plans?

Frater Perdurabo
01-19-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm going to try to make a Sox road trip this summer, hoping to catch the Sox at home and at DET and CLE, if I can schedule it right. Of course I'll go see them when they play at Texas.

dickallen15
01-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I can always get my wife to go to New York and Boston.

Paulwny
01-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Toronto

chisoxmike
01-19-2004, 06:25 PM
If the White Sox are at least in the hunt by the time they play the Twins, my friends and I plan to head to the garbage dome and see them face off against the Twins. I truley had that place.

santo=dorf
01-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
just wanted to know if anyone has plans?

Aren't the Sox playing in Puerto Rico this year?

HITMEN OF 77
01-19-2004, 06:33 PM
I'll make the 3 hour drive to Peattle and watch them play the Mariners. I've done that many years now. Anyone coming out west for that?

Daver
01-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
I'll make the 3 hour drive to Peattle and watch them play the Mariners. I've done that many years now. Anyone coming out west for that?

If I go anywhere near Seattle it won't be to watch a baseball game.

PINWHEELS
01-19-2004, 06:47 PM
just wanted to know if anyone has plans? Each year my brother and i go see the white sox play in a different stadium, this year it is going to be Oakland CA.(June 1st). And while we are out there we are also going to S.F. to see the giants play the rockies. its always a great time. it's much more interesting being the visiting fan, and talking with the home crowd. Who knows maybe we might get to see history( a White Sox Win on the west coast).

Foulke You
01-19-2004, 07:12 PM
For the last two years my girlfriend and I have gone to Beantown to see our White Sox at Fenway Park. We are 4W-2L at White Sox games attended at Fenway. :D:

This year money is tight, so we will probably be going out to Minnesota to see our White Sox play 3 at the "Freshly Carpeted Dome". We wanted to do Jacobs Field or Kaufman Stadium but those games conflicted with our schedule. :(: So, Minny it is! Perhaps I'll see some of you there like ChiSoxMike. I've never been to the Horror Dome so it should be interesting.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-19-2004, 07:24 PM
I went to four games on the road last year. 3 in Tampa Bay after the sox got alomar + everett and the detroit game after the tampa series when the sox got shut out 1-0 when loaiza pitched. 1-3 on the road...I wasn't too happy :(

Realist
01-19-2004, 07:41 PM
I believe the Sox are playing the Expos in Montreal. If that's the case, I think that's gonna be my road trip this year. I just hope I don't have trouble getting tickets to the games.

I have friends that go to Cleveland every year and they say they have a blast. I may join them this year. They wear are their Sox "colors" and claim the Indians fans treat them great. I don't doubt it. It seems that everybody I meet from Cleveland that's moved to Chicago is good people. Must have something to do with that blue collar steel town mentality. :D:

Realist
01-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Daver
If I go anywhere near Seattle it won't be to watch a baseball game. Don't tell me you'd be too busy sitting in Starbucks. :D:

Brian26
01-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I think we're going to Montreal in June for a wedding, and we're going to see the Sox play the Expos that weekend too (if the game isn't in San Juan!)

soxfan26
01-19-2004, 08:03 PM
I'll be at Camden Yards May 3rd thru the 5th.

I'm trying for a NY trip in April, but my buddies wedding may screw that one up...

whitesoxwilkes
01-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Realist
Don't tell me you'd be too busy sitting in Starbucks. :D:

Nope, lookin' for 16 point bucks is more up Daver's alley.

:)

whitesoxwilkes
01-19-2004, 08:12 PM
We went to Tampa Bay and the Frumpdome last year--my dad lives in Tampa and Kris' parents live in Minneapolis, which gave us 2 free places to stay. We're going to try and catch them in each AL Central city this year.

voodoochile
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
I'll be at Camden Yards May 3rd thru the 5th.

I'm trying for a NY trip in April, but my buddies wedding may screw that one up...

Couple of questions because I am moving to NC and think this is the only stadium that is semi-driveable for me:

1)How hard is it to get tickets to Camden Yards? When do they go on sale?

2) How close to Philly is it timewise. Have friends thataway and would be able to stay free and see them if it isn't too bad of a drive.

Frater Perdurabo
01-19-2004, 08:45 PM
I believe the Sox are playing the Expos in Montreal. If that's the case, I think that's gonna be my road trip this year. I just hope I don't have trouble getting tickets to the games.

You'll probably have more trouble clearing the new homeland security procedures in place at the border. :?:

CHISOXFAN13
01-19-2004, 09:04 PM
My friends and I will be going on a baseball trip in July which includes stops in Cincinatti, Cleveland, Pittsburgh with the finale in Detrot to see the Sox.

pearso66
01-20-2004, 12:29 AM
maybe i'll go see them in Detroit. But thats because i'll be up at school this summer, so i'll be here anyway and i have an apartment.

CubKilla
01-20-2004, 12:42 AM
Me and a friend are gonna try to get to St. Louis and Milwaukee this season. Maybe add KC, MIN, CLE, DET, and/or CIN into the mix.

Also discussing a possible East or West Coast trip sometime during the season for about a week or so if we can get 4 or 5 different ballparks in in that amount of time.

soxfan26
01-20-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Couple of questions because I am moving to NC and think this is the only stadium that is semi-driveable for me:

1)How hard is it to get tickets to Camden Yards? When do they go on sale?

2) How close to Philly is it timewise. Have friends thataway and would be able to stay free and see them if it isn't too bad of a drive.

Not hard at all. For the last few years anyway, there is no official word from the O's as to when tickets go on sale this year. I would guess in early March. But getting tickets for a Sox-O's series has not been a problem since 1989 when I moved out here. The only games you will have trouble with is for the Yankees or Red Sox.

Camden is a great place. Make sure you save some time to see the inner harbor up there in Baltimore, it is a nice area.

Philly is no more than a 3 hour drive from DC. I have been trying to get up there for the last 2 years. My buddy is about to start med school there in the fall, so I will have a local hook up also.

There usually is a nice compliment of Sox fans at the games, and the O's fans are good people. Let me know if you will be around this May!

Hangar18
01-20-2004, 01:02 AM
aaaahhhhh, roadtrip planning is upon us already. I went to
KC last year, when the SOX Whipped the Royals, it was Excellent, many sox fans were there, almost got into a bunch of fights, Royals fans talking junk, me putting them back in their place, what a great time. Went to Minny, hung out with Wilkes there also. I havnt been able to plan any of my Trips This year so far because THE SOX STILL HAVNT PUT OUT THEIR SCHEDULE.
Idiots. Ive looked at the other 98% of the teams that have put their schedules out, and I know for SURE, SEPT 10/11/12, Weekend Series in LA versus the Angels. Im already researching Airfares out there. I believe Farmer Andy & Shane will be along for that trip also, LA is pretty fun. I am very very possibly going to Finally go to Beantown and watch the SOX take on Boston in August, which is also a Weekend series. Weekend series work out great for me. I will most most likely make the Seattle Trip, as I have a some relatives out there, and can stay free there. I'll probably make 2 "major" trips to see the SOX, and a couple of Roadtrips (KC, DET, MINNY etc), and of course, if someone here twists my arm and asks me to tag-along on a trip, im sure Id probably say yes and join in. More
On my Trips as soon as these Bozo's put out their schedule ....

Hangar18
01-20-2004, 01:03 AM
Of course, when I fly out somewhere to see our Beloved play,
I'll be looking those of you up, who are in the area .........

ewokpelts
01-20-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
aaaahhhhh, roadtrip planning is upon us already. I went to
KC last year, when the SOX Whipped the Royals, it was Excellent, many sox fans were there, almost got into a bunch of fights, Royals fans talking junk, me putting them back in their place, what a great time. Went to Minny, hung out with Wilkes there also. I havnt been able to plan any of my Trips This year so far because THE SOX STILL HAVNT PUT OUT THEIR SCHEDULE.
Idiots. Ive looked at the other 98% of the teams that have put their schedules out, and I know for SURE, SEPT 10/11/12, Weekend Series in LA versus the Angels. Im already researching Airfares out there. I believe Farmer Andy & Shane will be along for that trip also, LA is pretty fun. I am very very possibly going to Finally go to Beantown and watch the SOX take on Boston in August, which is also a Weekend series. Weekend series work out great for me. I will most most likely make the Seattle Trip, as I have a some relatives out there, and can stay free there. I'll probably make 2 "major" trips to see the SOX, and a couple of Roadtrips (KC, DET, MINNY etc), and of course, if someone here twists my arm and asks me to tag-along on a trip, im sure Id probably say yes and join in. More
On my Trips as soon as these Bozo's put out their schedule ....

HaNGAR,
Here's the info you seek.....

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=9&y=2004

StillMissOzzie
01-20-2004, 04:22 AM
I went to the KC game where Jose hit the 3 homers last year, but only because my travel plans had all of the planets in alignment, as well as a little bro living in Topeka, KS. I was hoping to take my son to a Tigers game in Detroit. Walk-up tix should be a snap.

SMO
:gulp:

Baby Fisk
01-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Y'all are welcome to Toronto anytime. We are SARS-free since 2003! :D:

I'm actually planning a trip to Chicago this spring or summer. First time there since 92. Any tips on things that are "MUST-DO" when visiting your fine municipality? All suggestions welcome, regardless of how wholesome or seedy. :gulp:

Hangar18
01-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
HaNGAR,
Here's the info you seek.....

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=cws&m=9&y=2004

Wow, thanks Ewok. I think that Oakland Weekend Trip July 15th is Very Doable

Frater Perdurabo
01-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Of course, when I fly out somewhere to see our Beloved play,
I'll be looking those of you up, who are in the area .........

Hangar (and everyone else): Come see them in Texas. Nonstop airfares ought to be cheap between Chicago and DFW, with two major airlines (American and United) based at O'Hare and American and Delta based at DFW. ATA also has cheap fares from Midway to DFW.

The Sox are playing at Texas on Monday, July 19 and Tuesday, July 20 and then again Monday, Sept. 6, Tuesday, Sept. 7, Wednesday, Sept. 8 and Thursday, Sept. 9. All weeknight games, meaning the park shouldn't be filled.

CF bleacher tickets are pretty cheap. Last summer my wife and I joined a contingent with a few other Sox fans who knew the O-E-O-Magglio and Jose Jose Jose Jose chants. Lee and Sandy Alomar went yard on a night when Colon wilted. The boys fought back after falling behind early, but it was a (sigh) losing effort.

Warning: Summer heat in Texas is not for the timid, which is why I'm making a road trip to see the Sox at the newly renovated USCF this summer, too.

HITMEN OF 77
01-20-2004, 01:10 PM
The Peattle trip would be good too. There are always Sox fans at those games. This year its a weekend series in early June. Fri 7:30 Sat 1:05 and Sunday 7:30, that's a game of the week game I think. It's nice because you will get to see all 3 games, no rain outs do to the roof being removeable. The Pyramind Brewing company is right accross the street and has the whole parking lot blocked off for before and after games for outdoor parties, its great. Sometimes they have live music too and of course lot's of beer if that's your fortay :gulp:

Frater Perdurabo
01-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
The Peattle trip would be good too. There are always Sox fans at those games. This year its a weekend series in early June. Fri 7:30 Sat 1:05 and Sunday 7:30, that's a game of the week game I think. It's nice because you will get to see all 3 games, no rain outs do to the roof being removeable. The Pyramind Brewing company is right accross the street and has the whole parking lot blocked off for before and after games for outdoor parties, its great. Sometimes they have live music too and of course lot's of beer if that's your fortay :gulp:

June in Seattle eh? How long does the sun stay up at that time of year in Seattle? Or, when does it set due to the fact that Seattle is so far north?

maurice
01-20-2004, 03:53 PM
I was planning on watching the Sox play in San Juan, but reportedly the 'Spos series will be played in Montreal instead (typical dumb MLB decision). Depending on my schedule and the Sox record, I might go to one of the weekend series (Toronto, Minny, Seattle, Montreal, Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Anaheim, or KC).

I went to Detroit last year and had a great time. The four-hour drive is not too bad, and the park is very nice. There were a ton of Sox fans, and I appeared on the TV broadcast for quite a lengthy period of time (or so I hear from numerous sources).

HITMEN OF 77
01-20-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
June in Seattle eh? How long does the sun stay up at that time of year in Seattle? Or, when does it set due to the fact that Seattle is so far north?

I live about 3 hours southeast from Seattle in the desert part of WA State (no rain, no trees, all sage brush). It's still light here in June at 9:30-10 at night, Seattle may be a little diiferent but pretty close I would imagine.

munchman33
01-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Road trips are so much fun, especially baseball road trips. Last season, a buddy of mine and I went on a three week road trip in which we saw multiple games in Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York, Boston, and Toronto. We even went to the Hall of Fame. We didn't get to see the Sox play, but it didn't matter. We love baseball, and it was great to experience all of those different baseball settings.

Surprisingly, I'd have to say Pittsburgh had the best park. It's a beautiful new ballpark with everything you can think of. And the park sits next to the Allegheny River. Absolutely beautiful in the summertime. I suggest anyone considering a road trip seriously consider visiting it.

PINWHEELS
01-23-2004, 10:40 AM
just wanted to know if anyone has plans? Has Anyone been to SBC FIELD (PAC BELL) IN S.F. OR Oakland, If so how are the parks and the area around them?

chisoxfan79
01-23-2004, 11:12 AM

I have friends that go to Cleveland every year and they say they have a blast. I may join them this year. They wear are their Sox "colors" and claim the Indians fans treat them great. I don't doubt it. It seems that everybody I meet from Cleveland that's moved to Chicago is good people. Must have something to do with that blue collar steel town mentality. :D: I went to Cleveland last year right before the All Star break. It was a good time people in Cleveland are great. Be sure to go to the Thirsty Parrot after the game

chisoxfan79
01-23-2004, 11:16 AM
This year I am going to Kanas City in August. I usually take one road trip a year last year I went to Cleveland and the year before I went to Atlanta and watched to Sox get spanked.

Nick@Nite
01-23-2004, 01:15 PM
KC and Baltimore for sure... I would luuuuv to make a trip to Chicago from my place of residence (Warrensburg, MO).