PDA

View Full Version : anybody hear joey cora on AM 1000 sat?

habibharu
01-19-2004, 02:00 PM
he was just talking about ozzie and his plans for the team. but towards the end of the interview, he said that he has no clue as to what the team will look like in spring training except that KW is working hard and that he expects something "big" to happen in the next couple of weeks. silvy and carmen tried to get him to go further but he wouldnt.

beckett21
01-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
silvy and carmen tried to get him to go further but he wouldnt.

You mean to tell me those "savvy" journalists Silvy and Carmen couldn't get more out of him? I AM SHOCKED!!

Those guys belong doing high -school sports. I like 1000 myself, but not those idiots.

And "Kenny is working hard..." -- I would sure hate to see what would happen if he were slacking off! YIKES!! :(:

JDP
01-19-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I heard Cora. He sounded like what he is -- a poor English speaking athlete. On top of the 400 cliches in his 5-10 minutes of air time was that chopped up english that we're going to get used to hearing from Cora himself and the new fearless leader, Guillen.

kittle42
01-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by JDP
Yeah, I heard Cora. He sounded like what he is -- a poor English speaking athlete. On top of the 400 cliches in his 5-10 minutes of air time was that chopped up english that we're going to get used to hearing from Cora himself and the new fearless leader, Guillen.

Bewteen this and the "Jeremy Reed will be great for the team because he is white" argument, the level of conversation on this site is certainly increasing in quality lately.

JDP
01-19-2004, 04:51 PM
ginally posted by kittle42
Bewteen this and the "Jeremy Reed will be great for the team because he is white" argument, the level of conversation on this site is certainly increasing in quality lately. [/QUOTE]

Nice tying of poorly speaking english and color of skin together. Kudo's and bigotry to thee.

34 Inch Stick
01-19-2004, 05:19 PM
he said that he has no clue as to what the team will look like in spring training except that KW is working hard and that he expects something "big" to happen in the next couple of weeks. [/B]

That wasn't Cora that was none other than WSI member Cheeses-h-rice.

Tekijawa
01-19-2004, 05:26 PM
he expects something "big" to happen in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe Frank will break his media silence? And we'll get another point of view on what will happen when Frank hits pop up?

DrCrawdad
01-19-2004, 05:38 PM
he was just talking about ozzie and his plans for the team. but towards the end of the interview, he said that he has no clue as to what the team will look like in spring training except that KW is working hard and that he expects something "big" to happen in the next couple of weeks...

Big SoxFest announcement...
THE WHITE SOX HAVE SIGNED GREG MADDUX TO A TWO-YEAR CONTRACT.

Cubbie fans and the media begin a full-scale about face. Cubbie fans, "Maddux sucks...who wants him?" The Cubune headline, "Sox sign washed-up former Cub star."

Tekijawa
01-19-2004, 05:50 PM
I show up Saturday Morning and no one is there... What's going on I wonder??? Just then my vision gets blurry, and everything fades to black. I wake up it's March 31, 2003 and the Whitesox have just beaten the Royals in the Season opener. I turns out that the past 10 months have all been a dream! DALLAS STYLE!

longshot7
01-19-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Bewteen this and the "Jeremy Reed will be great for the team because he is white" argument, the level of conversation on this site is certainly increasing in quality lately.

I must've missed that argument. What thread was that in?

kittle42
01-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by JDP
ginally posted by kittle42
[B]Bewteen this and the "Jeremy Reed will be great for the team because he is white" argument, the level of conversation on this site is certainly increasing in quality lately.

Nice tying of poorly speaking english and color of skin together. Kudo's and bigotry to thee. [/QUOTE]

Pot - kettle - black.

And there should not be an apostrophe in kudos.

kittle42
01-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
I must've missed that argument. What thread was that in?

I believe it was the one about the guy who bought the Jeremy Reed autographed ball.

JDP
01-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Nice tying of poorly speaking english and color of skin together. Kudo's and bigotry to thee.

Pot - kettle - black.

And there should not be an apostrophe in kudos. [/QUOTE]

Oh really, thanks Kittle. You mispelled "between" in your original response to my post. Pot - Kettle - Black; well, nice attempt at an analogy though. Perhaps in your rush to christen a racist, you didn't notice that the post was about not understanding the usual sports cliches coming from the mouth of Cora and had absolutely nothing to do with skin color. Cora was quite indecipherable and lacked much sensibility -- much like your following logic in your posts.

I'd better not say that Vlade Divac utters muttered english sports cliches, because that would just be racist against white skinned people.

kittle42
01-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by JDP
I'd better not say that Vlade Divac utters muttered english sports cliches, because that would just be racist against white skinned people.

Maybe it would be racist against Europeans.

In any event, I never called you a racist.

Oh, and I'll have to be more careful regarding the spelling, too, since I am such a stickler about it.

Realist
01-19-2004, 09:57 PM

Divac isn't white. He's Serbian. :D:

TornLabrum
01-19-2004, 10:54 PM
The only white people I know are albinos.

jordan23ventura
01-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by JDP
Pot - kettle - black.

And there should not be an apostrophe in kudos.

Oh really, thanks Kittle. You mispelled "between" in your original response to my post. Pot - Kettle - Black; well, nice attempt at an analogy though. Perhaps in your rush to christen a racist, you didn't notice that the post was about not understanding the usual sports cliches coming from the mouth of Cora and had absolutely nothing to do with skin color. Cora was quite indecipherable and lacked much sensibility -- much like your following logic in your posts.

I'd better not say that Vlade Divac utters muttered english sports cliches, because that would just be racist against white skinned people. [/B][/QUOTE]

Shut up.

kittle42
01-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura

Shut up.

I agree to shut up. I allowed this to get sophomoric, I fear.