PDA

View Full Version : 4 team trade w/ sox - suggestion


habibharu
01-18-2004, 01:02 PM
i know that this probably isnt true but am posting it just for conversation:

Dodgers get
Magglio
Paul

Whitesox get
Mota
Miller
Perez
Roberts
Prospect

Mets get
Randy Wynn
Billy Koch

Marners get
Roger Cedeno
Prospect

mike squires
01-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Let's not talk just for conversation sake.

soxfan26
01-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Deeppink = wishful thinking

jabrch
01-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
i know that this probably isnt true but am posting it just for conversation:

Dodgers get
Magglio
Paul

Whitesox get
Mota
Miller
Perez
Roberts
Prospect

Mets get
Randy Wynn
Billy Koch

Marners get
Roger Cedeno
Prospect

:reinsy
"We'd cut 23mm off our payroll - and there are no good FAs to go after anymore. I like it!"

Deadguy
01-18-2004, 04:26 PM
In the 135 years of the existence of MLB, has a 4 team trade ever even happened?

If not, why even speculate about one occurring, even if it's just for conversation sake?

depy48
01-18-2004, 04:38 PM
maybe this tread should be in the parking lot, we have been teased with dodger and redsox rumors for the past month. i dont know how much more mental anguish i can put on thinking about possible trades. i love this team to death, but let kw think up the trades, and let me cheer them on!

munchman33
01-18-2004, 05:27 PM
This trade is assinine.

gosox41
01-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
i know that this probably isnt true but am posting it just for conversation:

Dodgers get
Magglio
Paul

Whitesox get
Mota
Miller
Perez
Roberts
Prospect

Mets get
Randy Wynn
Billy Koch

Marners get
Roger Cedeno
Prospect

And I'll get my bong out.

Bob

Tragg
01-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Why would the Mariners trade Randy Winn for Roger Cedeno?

They'd do better trading Winn for Singleton.

RKMeibalane
01-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Why would the Mariners trade Randy Winn for Roger Cedeno?

They'd do better trading Winn for Singleton.

Slowswing might be a player that the Sox should try to acquire. With the Nomar deal dead, they need to think about other ways to fill some of their holes. Aaron Rowand isn't good enough to play every day, so someone else needs to be brought in to play center field. I don't want to see Willie Harris out there this season.

doctor30th
01-18-2004, 11:26 PM
It's a little rough to say that Rowand isn't good enough to play everyday when he has not gotten the opportunity to ever do so.

I do believe Singleton is a free agent.

Rex Hudler
01-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
It's a little rough to say that Rowand isn't good enough to play everyday when he has not gotten the opportunity to ever do so.

I do believe Singleton is a free agent.

Keep in mind that Rowand hasn't gotten a full season of regular AB's since 2000.

CubKilla
01-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Keep in mind that Rowand hasn't gotten a full season of regular AB's since 2000.

He definitely didn't deserve a full season of regular AB's in '03 after an absolutely horrid April and May. He made Roger Dorn look like Roger Maris.

Tragg
01-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Slowswing might be a player that the Sox should try to acquire. With the Nomar deal dead, they need to think about other ways to fill some of their holes. Aaron Rowand isn't good enough to play every day, so someone else needs to be brought in to play center field. I don't want to see Willie Harris out there this season.

I don't know who slowswing is- but presuming it's singleton or cedeno, NO THANKS.

Not that Rowand is any better- there is a reason he gets few at bats- but cedeno and singleton are proven below average ballplayers.

beckett21
01-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by doctor30th
It's a little rough to say that Rowand isn't good enough to play everyday when he has not gotten the opportunity to ever do so.


Wasn't this the same argument used for Jeff Liefer? Anyone know what he is up to lately? Is he still with Montreal, or did they give up on him too??

And how did Aaron do in motocross this offseason? :?:

Rex Hudler
01-19-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by beckett21
Wasn't this the same argument used for Jeff Liefer? Anyone know what he is up to lately? Is he still with Montreal, or did they give up on him too??

And how did Aaron do in motocross this offseason? :?:

Liefer was released by Montreal last year and he ended the season in the TB org.

Liefer was never the prospect Rowand was. I never felt Liefer was more than a bench guy. Rowand on the other hand, was on equal ground with Crede in 2000. He has a short stroke and his hitting coach then felt he had more power potential than Crede.

Rowand was promoted in 2001 and immediately became a part-time player, where he has ever since. Crede played in the Minors full-time in 2001 and 2002 until he was promoted to Chicago, where he again played full-time. Rowand may or may not live up to being a full-time player at this point, but I have no doubt the potential and talent is there.