PDA

View Full Version : Yank Fans bitter towards Clemens

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-18-2004, 11:49 AM
clemens an Asstro (http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2051502)

so its ok for them to bring clemens in even though he was one of the greatest pitchers on their #1 rival. god forbid he leave them for another team. i hate yankee fans

CubKilla
01-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Boo Hoo :whiner:

mike squires
01-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Shouldn't they be happy for him? Pitching near his home and having enough in the tank for one more season. I don't know though. I'm afraid we'd be pretty upset if Buehrle jumped to St. Louis which is very possible. It's not like the he started off with the Yanks or anything. Times have changed. The Ron Guidry's and Yogie Berras are a thing of the past. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeter widns up with another team someday.

spanishwhite
01-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
clemens an Asstro (http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2051502)

so its ok for them to bring clemens in even though he was one of the greatest pitchers on their #1 rival. god forbid he leave them for another team. i hate yankee fans

the yankees traded Wells for him. so its not like he was a free agent that they brought in. and that rival let him go b/c "he was in decline."

he didnt leave the yankees for another team. he said "Im retired." that's why there was a big deal for game 4 when he struck out the last batter and you could hear the corny announcers say " a fitting end for a strikeout artist" or something like that. he left the game and changed his mind five months later or something.

im sure that the yankees would have liked to see him retire as a yankee. besides that, im sure the yankees would like to see him in their rotation over Jon Leiber. I think that is the biggest beef for Yankees fans.

MHOUSE
01-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Wouldn't you be a little upset if Frank "retired" and then decided to come back and play for another team in a couple months? I would be. But it's not like he went back to Boston or went to a rival. He's in the NL and it's unlikely they'll see him in the World Series this year.

MRKARNO
01-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Just the thought of empathizing or sympathizing with Yankee fans makes me sick

RKMeibalane
01-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Just the thought of empathizing or sympathizing with Yankee fans makes me sick

I agree. They spend way too much time whining and complaining. They have no idea how good they have it as far as the performance of their team is concerned. Yankee managment wants to win at any cost, and it shows. Steinbrenner is willing to spend as much money as possible in order to get back to the World Series each year. Yankees fans are upset about Clemens leaving now, but I expect King George to find another pitcher to replace him at some point.

I really don't understand how some groups of fans do nothing but complain when they don't have a reason to do so. If the Sox were anywhere near as successful as the Yankees are each season, I doubt I would spend my time complaining about the "one that got away." Sheesh!

TommyJohn
01-18-2004, 11:57 PM
Pardon me while I cry a river for all those poor, put-upon,
snookered Yankee fans.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

It is Clemens decision to come back, period. His body, his talent,
his career, his money, his everything. I felt the same way when
when Jordan came back with Washington.

Clemens is one of the few people that God (or nature, depending
on one's views) has seen fit to bless with athletic talent above
the little league level. He can do what he pleases with that
talent; and all the crying, moaning, bitching, angry, suffering
Yankee fans don't have a damn thing to say about it.

Welcome back, Rocket. And by the way, now that you are in
the National League and have to bat, please think twice about
whipping any beanballs at Mike Piazza's head.

beckett21
01-19-2004, 12:09 AM
I am sure there is no one who is a Sox fan who would actually feel sorry for or even pretend to feel even one iota of sympathy towards the Yankees. Are you kidding me?!?!?

:yankeessuck

Baby Fisk
01-19-2004, 08:34 AM
It's a fine example of what a bunch of shallow hangers-on Yanks fans are. They are so drunk with their team's success that the thought of actually losing a player sends them into apoplexy. Every Yank fan I know is a loser, always has been; they cling to the Yankees' success in order to overcome the pathetic state of their own lives. On the flipside, I believe that Sox fans are intelligent individuals, successful in their own way, and not ones to travel in bewildered herds. So rooting for the Sox adds just a little tolerable pain to their awesome lives! :cool: