PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest vs. Flubs Convention

Fisk72
01-16-2004, 11:16 PM
The lack of respect and confidence management has shown us this offseason has really upset me to the point where I haven't posted any comments for awhile. I've still been reading the boards everyday, but just haven't had the urge to post any replies or whatnot. Anywho...while I was watching the news with my fiancee tonight, they had a bit on the flubs convention she was drooling over all of the '84 players that were in attendence for the 20 year anniversary of another of their famous collapses and reminiscing of the days when she would be regularly dragged to Scrubs games with her older sisters when she was little because they thought the players were cute (typical Scrub fan stereotype, right?) She pretty much is on the fence when it comes to either Sox or Scrubs and I think I'm doing a pretty good job at getting her to somewhat see the light. However, she made a pretty good point about how the Scrubs' Convention has been sold out for quite some time while the Sox have plenty of tix available and that it could easily have a lot to do with not only the current players attending the fest, but also the popular former players. Looking at this year's lineup for Soxfest, I'm pretty disappointed at who's going to be there. This will be my first time going thanks to my fiancee getting this for me for Christmas. However, I wish I could be more excited about going - it almost makes me sick thinking that way. I know it's not a surprise that management has done an awful job at keeping former players within the family, but with the dim hopes of success this season, you'd think they could at least get some former players from better days to distract the fans from this winter's lack of signings. Well, I guess that's my two cents' worth. I'll step down from the soapbox

CubKilla
01-16-2004, 11:28 PM
The Sox sold-out the Saturday of last seasons SoxFest IIRC. Then again, like Cub fans this year, Sox fans had something to be excited about last year. During the offseason of '03, the Sox actually resembled a MLB team that cared..... somewhat. This year, it looks like they already waved a white flag and are prepping for '05.

john2499
01-17-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
During the offseason of '03, the Sox actually resembled a MLB team that cared..... somewhat. This year, it looks like they already waved a white flag and are prepping for '05.

I am not attending solely for that reason.