Jim Parque
Ruben Quevado
Rick Reed
Todd Ritchie
Glendon Rusch
Garret Stephenson
Ron Villone
Jamey Wright

KW definitely should be trying to latch on to one or two of those guys to see what they can do in spring training. The names that interest me the most (other than Maddux) are El Duque (if healthy), Dempster (if healthy), Jamey Wright, Rick Reed and Burkett.

E Coast Sox Fan
01-16-2004, 05:24 PM
What about Todd Ritchie? That list doesn't look too promising.

Seriously, I think we should be looking to trade for Odalis Perez. We should be able to put together an attractive package that would be in our best interest.

:putitontheboard

TheRockinMT
01-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Looking at the list leaves one with the impression that there might still be some possible 4th or 5th starter prospects at a reasonable price. I can't see it hurting to make some additional offers.

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-16-2004, 06:16 PM
the only guys that interest me are maddux (no chance), damian moss, and i always thought ruben quevado would be good. no ritchie, not again

HITMEN OF 77
01-16-2004, 06:39 PM
I was thinking if we could get Ritchie cheap enough, why not? He may be a a good set up man and we already have a jersey for him so were saving JR money!!

Foulke You
01-16-2004, 06:39 PM
I'd take a shot on Orlando Hernandez with a minor league contract. When healthy, El Duque was a pretty damn good pitcher. He might be worth a look in Spring Training.

Rick Reed is also intriguing. Our pitching situation is so grim right now, I'd almost sign him to a cheap 1 year deal just so we had another proven veteran in the rotation.

Of course, who knows what unrealistic demands these two guy's agents are making at the moment? Could be why no other team has picked them up yet. If KW waits, he might be able to land one cheaply before Spring Training.

doctor30th
01-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Dempster is "available" in that he was released but had tommy john surgery on August 4th. No team will pick him up, cause if they sign him they have to pay for his rehab, not the reds. Plus he won't pitch until 2005.

hftrex
01-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Ron Villone and Jose Lima are ok pitchers and as such are worth signing them up to minor league contracts. Shawn Estes could be pretty decent as a relief pitcher. His stats from 2003 are fairly comparable to what Marte's were back before Marte got into the Sox bullpen.

As for Jamey Wright, he's a walking disaster zone. He was the SP for KC last year when we zapped the Royals 19-3.

ma-gaga
01-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Rick Reed is also intriguing. Our pitching situation is so grim right now, I'd almost sign him to a cheap 1 year deal just so we had another proven veteran in the rotation.

I love Rick Reed, but trust me, you don't want him pitching in a W.Sox uniform.

depy48
01-16-2004, 08:14 PM
JIM PARQUE!!??!!
ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET!

Brian26
01-16-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
Shawn Estes could be pretty decent as a relief pitcher. His stats from 2003 are fairly comparable to what Marte's were back before Marte got into the Sox bullpen.

Hold on while I go grab my barfbag.

Estes, Reed, Parque, and Ritchie all suck beyond belief. They're toast. Don't touch them.

yadosoxfan
01-16-2004, 09:59 PM
I think Jose Lima would be a quality pick up for the Sox. He was awesome with KC last year, and he would be worth a shot. I wouldn't mind if the Sox tried to get Estes. I'm a big fan of left-handers, and he showed flashes every now and then with those cubs last year.

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-16-2004, 10:50 PM
No to Lima. The guy is a total headcase and a weirdo. LimaTime? Come on