PDA

View Full Version : Proposed trade on Oakland board

kate047
01-16-2004, 11:48 AM
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-athletics&msg=21407.1&ctx=0

I found this on the Oakland website. If this was an actual possibility, I would do it, but I think I'd want Mulder instead of Zito.

DirtySouthsider
01-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Uribe is going to be UNSTOPPABLE in two years!! That's the best thing I've heard in a looooong time!

Let's do this deal NOW.

Hondo
01-16-2004, 11:56 AM
***!?!?!?!?

That is hilarious.

CHISOXFAN13
01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
This might very well be the dumbest thread of the offseason.

StepsInSC
01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Frank in Oakland? Subtract 10+ ding dongs from the number he had last year.

They need to keep their pitching in that park.

Iwritecode
01-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
Uribe is going to be UNSTOPPABLE in two years!! That's the best thing I've heard in a looooong time!

Let's do this deal NOW.

First of all, that would be adding a ton of salary and I don't know if Dye is worth $11 million.

It's an interesting thought though to trade the best hitter the Sox have had in generations for #1 pitcher.

I'd have to think about that one...

Tekijawa
01-16-2004, 12:00 PM
I'd Kill to have Zito on this team... Just point me in the right direction!

kittle42
01-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Didn't we just have a discussion about the lack of worth of threads discussing random, unfounded, and utterly ludicrous trades proposed on fan boards?

:threadsucks

Iwritecode
01-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
Didn't we just have a discussion about the lack of worth of threads discussing random, unfounded, and utterly ludicrous trades proposed on fan boards?

I must have missed that one.

Besides, we can only talk about Uribe, Pollite, Person, raising payroll and proposed trades to Boston and LA for so long...

CHISOXFAN13
01-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I must have missed that one.

Besides, we can only talk about Uribe, Pollite, Person, raising payroll and proposed trades to Boston and LA for so long...

I agree, but this so-called rumor is something that would never happen.

It really is a waste of time.

TaylorStSox
01-16-2004, 12:56 PM
There are some very disturbing trends if you look at Zito's numbers. Not that I wouldn't want him. I just wouldn't jump at the chance to pay him a huge amount of money.

kittle42
01-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
There are some very disturbing trends if you look at Zito's numbers. Not that I wouldn't want him. I just wouldn't jump at the chance to pay him a huge amount of money.

His K's are down pretty badly, but everything else looks pretty consistent and his innings pitched have gone up while he has managed to improve his hits to innings pitched ratio.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/z/zitoba01.shtml

jabrch
01-16-2004, 01:11 PM
This is only a good thread for the entertainment value of it.

Yeah, I could see Billy Beane doing something like this - on the 8th Tuesday in February maybe.

voodoochile
01-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by kate047
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-athletics&msg=21407.1&ctx=0

I found this on the Oakland website. If this was an actual possibility, I would do it, but I think I'd want Mulder instead of Zito.

Welcome Aboard! :D:

OEO Magglio
01-16-2004, 01:30 PM
And maybe if we throw in Paul Konerko we can get Mark Mulder.

munchman33
01-16-2004, 01:34 PM
This trade is assinine.

TheRockinMT
01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Good to see other boards have goofy posts on trades too. I really think this kind of stuff is caused by an off-season that is way to long. We need to demand more, longer and earlier baseball seasons. In fact I heard a rumor about this very issue...

Iwritecode
01-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Good to see other boards have goofy posts on trades too. I really think this kind of stuff is caused by an off-season that is way to long. We need to demand more, longer and earlier baseball seasons. In fact I heard a rumor about this very issue...

I thought baseball had the shortest offseason of any of the 4 major sports???

CubKilla
01-16-2004, 02:10 PM
If KW did get Zito and/or Mulder in a trade, they'd probably retire soon after and the Sox would, again, have nothing to show for it.

KW should stay as far away from Beane as possible.

voodoochile
01-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I thought baseball had the shortest offseason of any of the 4 major sports???

No, Hockey and Basketball are both shorter. The NBA season runs close to 9 months including playoffs. Baseball is only 7-months.

Brian26
01-16-2004, 02:30 PM
How much earlier could baseball be played? It's still cold out during the first week of April. Pushing games much earlier than March 30-31 is really not an option.

CWSGuy406
01-16-2004, 04:24 PM
This would never happen.

The Sox, take on MORE payroll? Haha, that's funny... But very, very sad.... :whiner:

TheRockinMT
01-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
How much earlier could baseball be played? It's still cold out during the first week of April. Pushing games much earlier than March 30-31 is really not an option.

Maybe we should require domes to be placed over all stadiums? I think a baseball season running 11 to even 12 months long would help us through these tedious and trying winters. Of course I guess one could say that baseball does run quite a long stretch considering the Winter leagues, instructional leagues and Spring Training, but heh what the heck we can dream can't we?

DSpivack
01-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Maybe we should require domes to be placed over all stadiums? I think a baseball season running 11 to even 12 months long would help us through these tedious and trying winters. Of course I guess one could say that baseball does run quite a long stretch considering the Winter leagues, instructional leagues and Spring Training, but heh what the heck we can dream can't we?

Yes! Now we can watch an underachieving team the whole year long!!!

ondafarm
01-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Frank has trade veto powers over any trade involving him (hes a 5 and 10 guy.) I think Dye has similiar rights.