PDA

View Full Version : Nomar Talks? Reinsdorf/OTIS

spataro51
01-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Isn't today the day that supposedly jerry is meeting with nomar's agent? According to Otis. Have we heard anything on this since he posted his update monday? or is this just a rumor that was started? Otis give us some info!

ukigdog
01-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Yea, i wonder what is the news now on this topic. Thursday the talks were to resume. I hope this goes through, only if we can sign nomar to a long contract. Hope to hear from otis soon
!

Tekijawa
01-15-2004, 12:35 PM
ESPN has Reiney headed out to LA as head of a Comitte on the sale of the Dodgers...

maurice
01-15-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
ESPN has Reiney headed out to LA as head of a Comitte on the sale of the Dodgers...

But (IIRC) the LA buyer is from Boston. This may actually corroborate Otis' report.

mdep524
01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
I was wondering about the same thing when I woke up this morning. I hope we get some kind of update this evening!

Tekijawa
01-15-2004, 12:56 PM
He's traveling as the Head of the Owners association with the Braves owner, or someone from the Braves. I doubt that Nomar's agent would be "hitching a ride" with a Developer from Boston who wants to buy another team just to speak with Reiney...

Let's just face the Cold hard facts... the team you see now is the team that will take the field in April let's hope some of these minor league guys can pick up a little of the slack.

Foulke You
01-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Why does Reinsdorf have to meet with Arn Tellum in person? It is rare for people to do business like that nowadays. For all we know, they've had 5 conference calls with Kenny Williams and Theo Epstein in the last 4 days and have been emailing each other for weeks. Speculation on this is pointless. We just have to wait and see if Otis gives us another update.

Brian26
01-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
It is rare for people to do business like that nowadays. For all we know, they've had 5 conference calls with Kenny Williams and Theo Epstein in the last 4 days and have been emailing each other for weeks.

I like imagining KW and Theo sending IM's back and forth until 2am on AOL instant messenger. Anyone know KW's screenname?

steff
01-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Arn has an office in California. LA in fact.

BeerHandle
01-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Where are you OTIS?