PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this scenario?

ukigdog
01-15-2004, 10:52 AM
According to the ESPN insider, it says:

Jan. 15 - Astros GM Gerry Hunsicker denied the teams is trying to trade Hidalgo, telling the Houston Chronicle, "Richard is a very important part of our club and one of our key offensive players. We're certainly not aggressively looking to trade him at this point."

With this being said, and I know LA is in desperate need of an OF, i still think that LA might just give in and work a deal with the Sox and Ordonez. If this so called deal goes through, we get Mota, a #3 starter in Perez, and a prospect. Our rotation would be:

Buehrle
Loaiza
Perez
Garland
Schoenweis

Bullpen:

Wright
Wusnch
Felix Diaz/Ginter/Rauch
Pollite
Mota
Koch

Our lineup would need to replace Magglio at this point. Maggs 14 minus Mota's 1.5-2 minus Perez's 4 gives us a break of 8-9 million. I would go out and sign these two guys :

An OF still out there FA
Randall Simon for the bench

What do you guys think??

SoxxoS
01-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Don't like it unless the prospect is either Miller or Jackson.

jabrch
01-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Don't like it unless the prospect is either Miller or Jackson.

I agree - no deal if it isn't Miller or Jackson. Frankly, if I were KW, knowing the pressure on LA after Anaheim got Vlad, I'd hold out for Jackson.

Tekijawa
01-15-2004, 10:58 AM
I don't think that if this trade goes down we would turn arround and sign anyone else, remember that we are at about 65 Million on a 58 million dollar budget... Face it we're not getting anyone else!!!

ukigdog
01-15-2004, 11:01 AM
ok, even if we dont sign much, id think we would sign bench help and simon will come really cheap i think like 2-3 mill tops, that gives us that 7 million break to get back to 58 mill. He would be good from bench for us i think.

DirtySouthsider
01-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Taking all things into consideration , I would do it. We NEED another starter or this team is going nowhere. Plus the addition of Mota would be great.

I hate to lose Maggs but we can't go into the season with Garland, Shoenwies and a minor leaguer in our rotation!

boog_alou
01-15-2004, 11:13 AM
Multiple reports on trade talks between LA and the Chisox have said that KW has said he wants Perez, Mota and Jackson or Miller, but Evans has flatly refused, saying he really doesn't want to trade Mota OR one of those top prospects. Neither side appears to be backing down.

npdempse
01-15-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by boog_alou
Multiple reports on trade talks between LA and the Chisox have said that KW has said he wants Perez, Mota and Jackson or Miller, but Evans has flatly refused, saying he really doesn't want to trade Mota OR one of those top prospects. Neither side appears to be backing down.

Can't blame him. Mota was an absolute STUD last season. I'd actually not be too unhappy about them dealing Maggs if he came with the deal.

SoxxoS
01-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Did you guys know that Mota is 30? Kind of late to hit your prime which would kind of worry me.

Jerko
01-15-2004, 12:03 PM
I don't trust KW trading for anybody named Jackson. He could not even get Barry/Berry right; and do you know how many more Jacksons there are in the world than Barry/Berrys? We MIGHT get Janet like somebody said on another thread!