PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Alomar's prediction


soxfan2425
01-14-2004, 09:45 PM
I was just watching CLTV's sportspage and sandy assured 100 wins, but we'll see what happens.

munchman33
01-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by soxfan2425
I was just watching CLTV's sportspage and sandy assured 100 wins, but we'll see what happens.

That was a joke. He said after that that he predicted they would compete.

Brian26
01-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by soxfan2425
I was just watching CLTV's sportspage and sandy assured 100 wins, but we'll see what happens.

100 wins for who? The Red Sox? The Sox and Tigers combined?

Jjav829
01-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by soxfan2425
I was just watching CLTV's sportspage and sandy assured 100 wins, but we'll see what happens.

Prediction for what? The Red Sox? Must be. I'll be happy if we get to 80...

Jjav829
01-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
100 wins for who? The Red Sox? The Sox and Tigers combined?

Meh, stealing my thunder. :smile:

Brian26
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Meh, stealing my thunder. :smile:

Heh heh.

I just turned on CLTV, and I'm wondering why the hell they kicked off Sandy to talk to Bob Sakamoto about high school basketball. Some high school junior from Farragut on right now who looks like he's 37 years old.

Jjav829
01-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Heh heh.

I just turned on CLTV, and I'm wondering why the hell they kicked off Sandy to talk to Bob Sakamoto about high school basketball. Some high school junior from Farragut on right now who looks like he's 37 years old.

There you go. That's the level the Sox have sunk to. Bump the Sox player to get to high school basketball. If it was Paul Bako they probably would have devoted the entire hour to him. :D:

1951Campbell
01-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
There you go. That's the level the Sox have sunk to. Bump the Sox player to get to high school basketball.

God, that's bad. I don't know. After seeing the Sox sit on their hands this far into the off-season, I just feel like a window has closed and we are entering a new Dark Age, where we won't even get the fun of being teased by things like the 2000 season or the July run last year.

Brian26
01-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
There you go. That's the level the Sox have sunk to. Bump the Sox player to get to high school basketball. If it was Paul Bako they probably would have devoted the entire hour to him. :D:

To give CLTV their just due, they just said Sandy was on with them for 30 minutes, and they ran the show long tonight because of that...so I guess it wasn't that bad.

HITMEN OF 77
01-14-2004, 11:05 PM
They should've had Sandy senior on with jr. that would be interesting. Sr, saw some bad Sox teams in his day before being traded in '69 for the great Bobby Knoop I belive.

JDP
01-14-2004, 11:07 PM
I think the Sox could get to 100 wins...

If you're adding up this year's win total and the first few months of the '05 season.

CubKilla
01-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
God, that's bad. I don't know. After seeing the Sox sit on their hands this far into the off-season, I just feel like a window has closed and we are entering a new Dark Age, where we won't even get the fun of being teased by things like the 2000 season or the July run last year.

You think this is bad? Imagine if the Sox suck and the Cubs are winning big in '04. "Dark" doesn't begin to adequately describe what Sox fans would be feeling.

JDP
01-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
You think this is bad? Imagine if the Sox suck and the Cubs are winning big in '04. "Dark" doesn't begin to adequately describe what Sox fans would be feeling.

It's a dark forecast for 2004...

FJA
01-15-2004, 09:18 AM
:wanne
"Of course they'll win 100 games. All the pieces are in place."

:sahaf
"Forget about the pieces, Wanne. The infidels will be forfeiting and committing suicide by the dozens when they realize the superiority of this White Sox team!"

DirtySouthsider
01-15-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by FJA
:wanne
"Of course they'll win 100 games. All the pieces are in place."

:sahaf
"Forget about the pieces, Wanne. The infidels will be forfeiting and committing suicide by the dozens when they realize the superiority of this White Sox team!"


That's good stuff...you got me to laugh!