PDA

View Full Version : Person?

rmusacch
01-13-2004, 11:34 PM
This is the only place I have seen that says we have signed Person. I have not seen it anywhere else. What gives?

doublem23
01-13-2004, 11:43 PM
There was a link to a Baseball America story (IIRC) that mentioned Robert Person with the White Sox. The thread about the subject here states that the news was via ESPN-1000 Radio in Chicago, however, this news is not posted on ESPN Radio's website, ESPN, or the official site, so I have no idea what is going on.

Let's just hope KW didn't assume Bob Person and Robert Person were the same people.

lowesox
01-13-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm happy we signed him, but if it turns out we didn't I won't be too devasted. REmember when somebody posted we had signed Ponson, then we didn't - that sucked.

It's too bad this offseason has been so boring we have to make things up.

JRIG
01-14-2004, 12:00 AM
I talked to a source tonight who confirmed this is indeed true.

rmusacch
01-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
I talked to a source tonight who confirmed this is indeed true.

Why isn't it being reported anywhere besides ESPN Radio Chicago then?

DrCrawdad
01-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch

They're hoping to energize the crowd at SoxFest with the news of the signing of Person.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-14-2004, 12:29 AM
I am very enegized right now. I need to get up and run downstairs for another beer. I am very excited!

DrCrawdad
01-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
I am very enegized right now. I need to get up and run downstairs for another beer. I am very excited!

Thanks for the reminder!

:gulp:

munchman33
01-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Because the deal hasn't been officially announced through a White Sox press release. If it were bigger deal, then websites would be flooded with information on the deal. But since its a minor league deal for a player that hasn't been good since 2001, they will wait for the press release instead of having an article now and then another when the official press release is made.