ponson?

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by soxfan2425
because we need our overweight pitcher with little emotion

wells
colon
ponson?

yeah...but we couldve had his 17 wins and CHEAP had we just resigned him to the minimum, LIKE HE OFFERED because he owed it to the Chicago Fans. Colon? took the most money, oh well.
Ponson ...... May see how much of a JOKE this franchise is, and go Elsewhere

CubKilla
01-14-2004, 12:19 AM
How about because the Sox have no viable # 4 or 5 starter?

soxfan2425
01-14-2004, 12:20 AM
well that too

doublem23
01-14-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
yeah...but we couldve had his 17 wins and CHEAP had we just resigned him to the minimum, LIKE HE OFFERED because he owed it to the Chicago Fans. Colon? took the most money, oh well.

Wells? Come on Hangar, the guys is nothing but a sleazebag. Didn't he jerk around Arizona this past off-season? He would have gotten an offer from the Yankees and would have been long gone. If you're going to believe David Wells' word, you may as well believe JR's really telling the truth when he cries poor.

steff
01-14-2004, 09:01 AM

He "may" see... Henry.. you were more than happy to tell him what a crap organization this is after the game last year when we were talking about him playing here... you don't remember..? :D:

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by steff
He "may" see... Henry.. you were more than happy to tell him what a crap organization this is after the game last year when we were talking about him playing here... you don't remember..? :D:

NO! heh heh ,, that was the CUBS I was telling him about .
I told him whatever he does ....told him DO NOT go to the
cubs. Told him the Fans were Bogus, we were Smarter as Fans, etc etc. Cant say what else he said, but you heard me wrong steffy heh heh. Was very nice of him to buy us drinks.

steff
01-14-2004, 01:34 PM
NO! heh heh ,, that was the CUBS I was telling him about .
I told him whatever he does ....told him DO NOT go to the
cubs. Told him the Fans were Bogus, we were Smarter as Fans, etc etc. Cant say what else he said, but you heard me wrong steffy heh heh. Was very nice of him to buy us drinks.

Might have to get Kris in here on this one...

You are correct you spoke very highly of the Cubs.. JOKING!!, but your follow up was along the lines of... "not that it would be much better playing for the Sox since they don't pay... " :D:

Tekijawa
01-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Just wondering out loud but if we were going to sign Ponson, why not add an extra million to the offer and get Maddux in here... The Cubs are offering between 7-7.5... what if we offer 8 or 8.5 to Maddux instead. I think he could do wonders for our young guys, and we'd steal a little thunder on top of it...

Maddux for two years I get excited about, Ponson for 2-3 makes me worried.

steff
01-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Just wondering out loud but if we were going to sign Ponson, why not add an extra million to the offer and get Maddux in here... The Cubs are offering between 7-7.5... what if we offer 8 or 8.5 to Maddux instead. I think he could do wonders for our young guys, and we'd steal a little thunder on top of it...

Maddux for two years I get excited about, Ponson for 2-3 makes me worried.

Don't fear.. Sidney isn't coming here. And Maddux is, quite loudly, on the record as saying he does not want to play in the AL.

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 01:52 PM
If they Somehow steal Maddux away from the Cubs....
Id immediately ReNew my season tickets for this season,
regardless if my cousins in or not

steff
01-14-2004, 01:54 PM
If they Somehow steal Maddux away from the Cubs....
Id immediately ReNew my season tickets for this season,
regardless if my cousins in or not

You'll renew anyway... :D:

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by steff
And Maddux is, quite loudly, on the record as saying he does not want to play in the AL.

I know why, because He knows He'll get his Butt Kicked
in the American League. I take back what I said in another Thread about sox signing him and me renewing

steff
01-14-2004, 01:58 PM
I know why, because He knows He'll get his Butt Kicked
in the American League. I take back what I said in another Thread about sox signing him and me renewing

Whoooossshhh... wind direction changed. Henry must have changed his mind again. :D: