PDA

View Full Version : If SOX Lose Out on Signing Sidney Ponson, will Officially Mean theyve Conceded 2004

Hangar18
01-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Thats My Opinion. Had a very Spirited Discussion with my
cousin this evening. He is very Disgusted at the direction
theyre taking. "They Act like they dont want to win. Why
should I spend my Hard Earned Money if they want to treat
us like that? F*** that noise". I told him to hold out,
the SOX may get lucky, and find a Pitcher in the Bargain Bin
again, though any team that shops in the bargain bin
Usually Doesnt go to the World Series. If we lose out on him,
like I have a Feeling We Will ......... the Kids Can Play Pt4
will begin in earnest. Think 1995 was empty?

mdep524
01-13-2004, 11:10 PM
I think the Sox are already out of the Sidney Ponson bidding, and have been for over a week. He's basically signed sealed and delivered to Baltimore. I really would have liked him too.

Hangar18
01-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Or is that what the SOX WANT the AL and their own
FanBase to think? is it possible theyve got a Huge Signing/Signings to Announce Soon ??

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
is it possible theyve got a Huge Signing/Signings to Announce Soon ??

Does the sun rise in the West?

soxfan26
01-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Ponson is on the Orioles Cruise as we speak, and I'm sure all he can think about is coming to Chicago.

Orioles nearing deal with Ponson (http://www.sunspot.net/sports/bal-sp.orioles13jan13,0,4581744.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)

No chance we sign him.

fquaye149
01-13-2004, 11:32 PM
that's a dramatic position to take...i agree he woudl have bolstered a rotation that is rather weak without him...but there is still the chance that kw will make some good signings or trades still, and there is still a chance we coudl win this pitiful division without any major additions before the season starts.

doublem23
01-13-2004, 11:53 PM
It's all right. Ponson is a 27-year old fat ass mediocre until last year pitcher. The only thing he's missing is the 12 foot neon sign above his head reading, "MAJOR RISK!"

We have to come to terms that this team is on a self-imposed budget and we can't go throwing money around on guys who very well will blow up in our face.

lowesox
01-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Ya, I'm sick of this team. Barring a dramatic acquisition, they won't getting a penny from me this season.

JRIG
01-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
It's all right. Ponson is a 27-year old fat ass mediocre until last year pitcher. The only thing he's missing is the 12 foot neon sign above his head reading, "MAJOR RISK!"

We have to come to terms that this team is on a self-imposed budget and we can't go throwing money around on guys who very well will blow up in our face.

Not to mention the partially torn rotator cuff.

A. Cavatica
01-13-2004, 11:59 PM
I really think they conceded 2004 when they hired Ozzie. They had a chance to improve, and they went the cheap route. Since then all our free agents defected, and everybody else's found some other destination.

kittle42
01-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
I really think they conceded 2004 when they hired Ozzie. They had a chance to improve, and they went the cheap route. Since then all our free agents defected, and everybody else's found some other destination.

Exactly. Gaston indicated he wanted a veteran team. KW wanted Gaston. Obviously, a certain cheap SOB owner had other ideas.

doublem23
01-14-2004, 12:22 AM

What? How you condemn Ozzie before he ever managed a game?

longshot7
01-14-2004, 12:43 AM
I too hate the fact that we haven't signed or traded for ANYONE of note... HOWEVER - I don't think we should be this down - making a move just to make a move is stupid (a la Todd Ritchie) - and besides, who picked Florida to win it all this year?

ps - Hangar, I love the way you type. It makes me feel schizophrenic. Never quit. :)

Champ Summers
01-14-2004, 04:00 AM
aaargh! It kills me that anyone is high on this guy...he has had one good season, and it wasn't that great...he has a bad body, a history of arm problems, wants a lot of money, and is nowhere close to being a number 1 starter...i'm also a SF fan, and anyone who is supposed to be that good, who can't pitch in Pac Bell let alone the NL is wasting someone's money...the Orioles will sign him to be an ace, and he is not...i pray we don't spend money on him...i agree that KW hasn't done a whole lot, but this would be a waste of our time, and a source of consternation for future years...

gosox41
01-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Thats My Opinion. Had a very Spirited Discussion with my
cousin this evening. He is very Disgusted at the direction
theyre taking. "They Act like they dont want to win. Why
should I spend my Hard Earned Money if they want to treat
us like that? F*** that noise". I told him to hold out,
the SOX may get lucky, and find a Pitcher in the Bargain Bin
again, though any team that shops in the bargain bin
Usually Doesnt go to the World Series. If we lose out on him,
like I have a Feeling We Will ......... the Kids Can Play Pt4
will begin in earnest. Think 1995 was empty?

I think the hiring of KW started the downward slide. Thing about it, the Sox had a team coming off a 95 win season. Schue decides to leave so the Sox go after an inexperienced GM instead of hiring someone good to take them to Point C. Sounds like concedng to me.. At least KW tries, he just doesn't have it. At times he shows signs of brilliance but overall is lousy.

I think the final nail in the coffin is Ozzie. What a joke.

Bob

steff
01-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Or is that what the SOX WANT the AL and their own
FanBase to think? is it possible theyve got a Huge Signing/Signings to Announce Soon ??

Are you on crack Henry..?

steff
01-14-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
Not to mention the partially torn rotator cuff.

Wrong.

34 Inch Stick
01-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Steff's in on the conspiracy too Hangar!

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by steff
Are you on crack Henry..?

my quote was supposed to be in Teal. still havnt
figured out how to work the color thing heh heh

vegyrex
01-14-2004, 11:21 AM
I really think they conceded 2004 when they hired Ozzie.

Yep. :(:

steff
01-14-2004, 12:32 PM
my quote was supposed to be in Teal. still havnt
figured out how to work the color thing heh heh

Oh.. you had me checking posting times to see if you posted this before or after we talked.. LOL.

serena
01-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Looks more and more like the Orioles signing Ponson is a done deal...

link (http://www.sunspot.net/sports/baseball/bal-ponson0114,0,6267348.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)