PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Fight Songs

Hosey22
01-13-2004, 08:57 PM
I was just curious as to what you guys thought of the old Sox Go Go fight song from the 50's. Not that it's a big deal, but i always hear that hey hey holy macoral crap from cub fans, and was wondering why we don't hear our old one to often. I personally really like it. I know that Na Na Hey Hey is like our anthem, but it seems every sporting event uses that these days. I would love to hear the old sox fight song every now and then. Just curious as to your thoughts on it.

soxnut
01-13-2004, 09:04 PM
I like the song myself. I think it should be used alot more. It shouldn't replace "Na Na Hey Hey", but there is a place for it as an identity for the ballclub.

TornLabrum
01-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Hosey22
I was just curious as to what you guys thought of the old Sox Go Go fight song from the 50's. Not that it's a big deal, but i always hear that hey hey holy macoral crap from cub fans, and was wondering why we don't hear our old one to often. I personally really like it. I know that Na Na Hey Hey is like our anthem, but it seems every sporting event uses that these days. I would love to hear the old sox fight song every now and then. Just curious as to your thoughts on it.

Any song by Cap'n Stubby and the Buccaneers is all right in my book.

duke of dorwood
01-13-2004, 09:43 PM
:reinsy

"Money makes the world go around, world go around, world go around

Money makes the world go around, that clinking clanking sound........"

doublem23
01-13-2004, 10:31 PM
The Sox as an organization need to start embracing their heritage more, anyway.

Baby Fisk
01-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Where can I find the lyrics to this song?

doublem23
01-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Where can I find the lyrics to this song?

Good question. I've never seen them anywhere and I got the song itself from another Sox fan. I burned it on a CD I made last year and good for me because my laptop crashed in the past month and I lost all my old data. I'm still working on it right now, but if you'd like I can send you the song itself via email, probably sometime after Sunday when I move back to Peoria. Send me a PM or email if interested.

washington
01-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Isn't it the "official" WSI theme song? I bought a .45 of it a few years ago at one of the booths at SoxFext

HITMEN OF 77
01-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Funny enough, I was watching my DVD of "1966 a Look @ the White Sox" from WGN and the start of it has the "Go Go Song" I really like it! "Na Na Hey Hey" was good as well. In 1976, '77 or '78 can't remember which, the 45rpm record was released in a picture sleeve that had the White Sox logo on it.

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Say.....werent there a bunch of Audio Songs available here
at one point? Didnt Lip put them in a gallery here ?

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Never Mind, I answered my Own Question. The SONGS
are ALL HERE, for your pleasure (I love this place) go to
"WSI EXTRAS" and click on White Sox Fight Songs.
Everything is in there (remind me to make a sizable donation
this year)

Daver
01-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Hangar,talking to yourself is a sure sign that the tinfoil needs to be replaced........

:bandance:

Hangar18
01-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Hangar,talking to yourself is a sure sign that the tinfoil needs to be replaced........

:bandance:

I just choked laughing on a beer just now heh heh

SluggersAway
01-15-2004, 04:28 AM
can anyone post the lyrics?