PDA

View Full Version : "I need two!" "No problem."

chisoxmike
01-13-2004, 11:46 AM
Tickets go on sale in March, and HA, I am even thinking about getting some season ticket plan for '04. But I ask myself why. I am a die-hard White Sox fan, but do I really want to shell out the money this year?

Last season I went to about 30 games from APRIL-September. Spent a lot of money and got my heartbroken.

I'm thinking that getting good seats for this season will be no problem. Does anybody else feel this way? Oh well, I guess I'll see you all in March. I'm a sucker for this team.

-mike

doublem23
01-13-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm sure that when I have a stable enough income and permanent summer residence in Chicago I'll be duped by myself into buying season tickets, too. What can I say? It's in my blood.

Clembasbal
01-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by chisoxmike

Last season I went to about 30 games from APRIL-September. Spent a lot of money and got my heartbroken.

-mike

At the same time, that is what being a fan of any team is all about. Chicago sport fans always get their hearts broken and coming back every year is what makes us great.

If a fan stops going to a game because he had been heartbroken in the past, then I just don't see him as a die-hard fan no matter what.

I have season tickets as well and I go to about 45 games a year, I wish I could go to more and I am in college and I do not have a job...money is not a thing when it comes to love!

soxnut
01-13-2004, 01:25 PM
I think it was writer Roger Angell who said something about baseball was a game that was meant to break your heart and that there is alot more losing, than winning, in baseball. As soon as my income is more stable I'll get some type of season ticket plan. :smile:

chisoxmike
01-13-2004, 01:29 PM
You are right. No matter what I am going to be back on opening day, and the day after, and the day after....etc. I just think about it and become the angry sports fan, then when tickets go on sale... I go WILD!

-mike

Realist
01-13-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm in on a season ticket package and I went to over 30 games last year. As much as the first half of last year sucked, I still had a great time going to the games and bitching and moaning about how terrible the Sox were. It's still going to be summer. It's still going to baseball and it's still going to be played on a big grass field away from the stress of everyday life.

[of course I loved going to each of the games during the 3 game sweep of the Twins much more than the bitching and moaning]

Baseball lost me for two solid years after the strike of '94. I didn't watch one single pitch of any team. It was a very miserable time for me. I hope things never get so bad that I have to make a decision like that ever again.

HITMEN OF 77
01-13-2004, 07:46 PM
I think last year there were so many season tickets sold due to the All-Star game being played at Comiskey. Good seats should be fairly easy to come by this year. If I lived there I would have season tickets, no doubt!