PDA

View Full Version : Nomar Deal Dead? Bos Extension?

spataro51
01-13-2004, 11:33 AM
I seen this article on the Boston Globe today here is the link Nomar (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2004/01/13/shortstop_is_in_center/) and it talks about Bos is going to sit down and try to lock up Nomar to a long tern deal. What is that? THe globe asked Werner(boston) about any chance of nomar for maggs and he said that is not going to happen. Maybe otis was wrong on this? Why all this talk about signing nomar long term for boston? I know it isn't to sign him then to trade him to the sox because you all know a no trade clause will be involved.

ChiSoxJay
01-13-2004, 12:17 PM
He's probably just playing the politically correct role and saying what the Boston fans want to hear. Boston needs to handle this carefully because of all the bad blood created during the Arod/Nomar negotiations.

BeerHandle
01-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I don't think anything will happen. The Sox are done making moves. The only thing that will happen is the Sox signing a below average bullpen pitcher.

SoxxoS
01-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I don't think anything will happen. The Sox are done making moves. The only thing that will happen is the Sox signing a below average bullpen pitcher.

Please don't underestimate trading for one...

lowesox
01-13-2004, 01:04 PM
This could be PR. Boston makes him an offer. He refuses, which forces them to trade him away because otherwise they'd get nothing for him after he becomes a FA.

Or the sox talks could have been a way to get Nomar to sign for cheaper. You find a crappy organization that doesn't take care of its fans or its players - a team that has zero commitment to winning - and you threaten to trade him there if he doesn't sign for less.

HITMEN OF 77
01-13-2004, 01:14 PM
I think we may pick up a FA or two but I don't see any major trades in the future. What we have is what we got and I think we have a pretty darn good team IMO.

jamteh
01-13-2004, 09:30 PM
My last hope is that we play a couple of games over .500 through the All-Star break and make a trade or two at that point. That's all I have left to cling to at this point. Otherwise it's been one disappointment after another this off season.

doublem23
01-14-2004, 12:37 AM
I doubt the Red Sox are really going to sign Nomar for more than this, although never underestimate the power (or lack thereof) of a whipped man.

http://www.footballculture.net/footballenglish/images/hamm.jpg
Nomar, we can't move to Southern California because I already picked out the perennials I want to plant in our Cape Cod garden.

jabrch
01-14-2004, 06:25 AM
I still don't see us not makng a move. We are over the self-imposed salary cap. KW has to find some sucka to take PK or Koch or he will have to move one of our more desireable players.

5mm for Manos? WFT was he thinking?