PDA

View Full Version : The Mets

lowesox
01-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Something tells me that Ordonez talks are heating up right now as we speak. I believe the Boston rumours are true, but I think the Mets are interested too. I read on the MLB hot stove report that the Mets number one priority right now is Right Field. The Sox were talking about Koch with them before, maybe Kenny could deal Koch and Ordonez there.

With the right return, it could be a nice way to save on some salary.

depy48
01-13-2004, 01:52 AM
i read some crazy post that said that a mets already swing a deal for mags. the link to this crazy post in under the thread "what the heck" i'm very confident that it isnt true, and i see a very little chance of mags going to the mets. i'm not too sure who i'd want from the mets? jose reyes, royce ring (again) beyond that the mets dont have much that the sox need...

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 02:11 AM
I'd be willing to listen to any offer that involves Botch and his mega-salary owed to him.

:bkoch:

"It was only about $250,000 per HR hit off of me last season."

VeeckAsInWreck
01-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Enough with the trading of Maggs. Either the Sox deal him for Nomar or don't trade him at all.

The Sox can still compete in the AL Central or as it is also known "The AL Least". Sure KC made some additions, but so what? The Sox have the pitching and the hitting to still compete. Everyone is down on the team for the lack of signings, no wait, I forgot about Juan Uribe. But seriously, at least we are better than the Tigers. (I hope!)

Relax and enjoy one more season of O-E-O!

Many aren't going to like this, but I'll be honest , the sCrUBS may kick our tails this year in the crosstown series. :?:

-------------------------

Dear God,

Please send us new ownership!

Yours truly,

VeeckAsInWreck

Bisco Stu
01-13-2004, 03:42 AM
Miracles are steadfast on their $80 mil payroll, that's why they couldn't get Vlad (plus their doctor recommended they only offer him a 3-year deal). For them to take Mags, the Sox would have to take salary.

jabrch
01-13-2004, 06:53 AM
The Mets don't have much of trade value, except Reyes who they say is untouchable.

Palehose13
01-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Enough with the trading of Maggs. Either the Sox deal him for Nomar or don't trade him at all.
I second that!

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
The Sox have the pitching and the hitting to still compete.

I disagree somewhat. While the hitting is not as good as last season (Jimenez/Alomar-Harris, Aaron Rowand-Everett) we definitely can't say we have the pitching when we don't have a viable 4 or 5 in the starting rotation and no one in the BP besides Wunsch and Marte. We have a "closer" that can't close and a "?" signing to replace Gordon.

The only division this crap team could compete in is the AL Central.

Tekijawa
01-13-2004, 11:55 AM
I heard that they have a Stud Closer in the minors by the name of Royce Ring! I wonder how he'd look in a Sox uni?

lowesox
01-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I heard that they have a Stud Closer in the minors by the name of Royce Ring! I wonder how he'd look in a Sox uni?

You can't blame him for doing it. But at this point, it looks like the Alomar trade was a huge mistake.

Bisco Stu
01-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
The Mets don't have much of trade value, except Reyes who they say is untouchable.

Damn straight. That JR is staying in Queens.

doublem23
01-14-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

Minor league closers = death.

Anyways, word is also out of the Big Apple that with Vlad in SoCal, the Mets have a lot of money to spend on a pitcher... Perhaps Greg Maddux can be wooed from the Northsiders?

Bisco Stu
01-14-2004, 01:47 AM
I haven't heard Mad Dog scuttlebutt as far as the Miracles go. Giants are hot 'n' heavy for Maddux I do know.