PDA

View Full Version : Come on now

OutcastRadio
09-03-2001, 10:16 PM
It's time for some of you to admit that CC Sabathia is a good pitcher. No more excuses, guys. Own up to it.

Against you this year, he's 3-0 with a 2.29 ERA and 20 Ks.

Come on, now.....I owned up when you guys were the better team last year. Be men (and a lady, heather) and admit he's better than most of you give credit for.

OfficerKarkovice
09-03-2001, 10:18 PM
I will admit he has been pitching pretty damn good lately. I think he still has a lot to prove tho.

FarWestChicago
09-03-2001, 10:21 PM
It's time for some of you to admit that CC Sabathia is a good pitcher.

He's pretty good. But, I'm thinking with him, Colon and Wickman the Tribe is a guard and a tackle from having the best offensive line in Cleveland.

dimaisback
09-03-2001, 10:22 PM
<i>It's time for some of you to admit that CC Sabathia is a good pitcher. No more excuses, guys. Own up to it.

Come on, now.....I owned up when you guys were the better team last year. Be men (and a lady, heather) and admit he's better than most of you give credit for.</i>

:burly

Outcast, is there no end to the abyss of your denial...in 3 years I will have your Mexican butler polishing my hardware

PaleHoseGeorge
09-03-2001, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Outcast Radio
It's time for some of you to admit that CC Sabathia is a good pitcher. No more excuses, guys. Own up to it.

Come on, now.....I owned up when you guys were the better team last year. Be men (and a lady, heather) and admit he's better than most of you give credit for.

He's a damned good pitcher, Outcast. It's just a shame you won't be able to start him every game in October.

I hear Danny Almonte is available. You guys are famous for your pitching reclamation projects. Just tell him all the Yankees are 12 years old. LMAO!

Hey, it can't be any worse than giving Radinsky a roster spot.

dimaisback
09-03-2001, 10:28 PM
:hawk

In the years spent in professional baseball elite, I have never run across against a pitcher as ugly and incapable as CC Sabathia...well, maybe Burba or Finley. Mercy!

harwar
09-04-2001, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Outcast Radio " admit he's better than most of you give credit for"
Of course your right.Hes' quite probably the best pitcher that i've seen all year.The best that the tribe has ever had.The best in all of baseball.The best there is.The best there ever was.The best there ever will be.Hes' the best pitcher to ever cross over the white lines and climb the hill.Is that what you wanted to hear?I tell you,hes' GOD with a crooked hat and leather on his hand.Hes' the best i tell you,the best,the best,the best...

mrwag
09-04-2001, 12:55 PM
Yup boys, he's a good one. Especially with that heater. And he's only 21? He needs a few more years before we can call him a great one.

Randar68
09-04-2001, 12:58 PM
Yup boys, he's a good one. Especially with that heater. And he's only 21? He needs a few more years before we can call him a great one.

*****! How many years have the Tribe fans been saying this about Fatolo Colon????

NO CONTROL = 4+ ERA's no matter how good your stuff is.....

dimaisback
09-04-2001, 01:56 PM
Uhm, Randar, having ER5A of just over 4.00 is not that bad. I think an average pitcher (one who has a chance to start on regular basis as opposed to 20-inning-and-back-to-AA wonders that inflate league ERA to almost 5.00) nowdays would have an ERA of 4.50; a really good pitcher should have his ERA in 3.50-4.00 range; an All-Star--3.00-3.50; finally, a great starting pitcher needs to have an ERA below 3.00.

(this is NOT the system applicable for relief pitching due to various factors)

Based on that: Sox have 3 pitchers (Wells, Garland and Burhle) that have ERAs under 4. Tribe has zero.

I think it is not fair to put Colon in the same category as Sabathia. Colon is having his off year; he is still a VERY good pitcher with an ace potential. I have atched Sabathia and I am NOT impressed. He is CONSTANTLY falling behind Sox hitters--last year's team would have KILLED him. One plus is his composure. Kerry Wood also had "mental upside" when he was 20, yet it is 4 years later and little Kerry still walks 8 batters in 5 innings....

Randar68
09-04-2001, 02:13 PM
I have atched Sabathia and I am NOT impressed. He is CONSTANTLY falling behind Sox hitters--last year's team would have KILLED him. One plus is his composure. Kerry Wood also had "mental upside" when he was 20, yet it is 4 years later and little Kerry still walks 8 batters in 5 innings....

That is my EXACT point.....

I think it is not fair to put Colon in the same category as Sabathia. Colon is having his off year; he is still a VERY good pitcher with an ace potential

Tribe fans have been saying this for 4 or 5 years, when does potential turn to wasted potential. He's fat, out of shape, inconsistent, and is near the top of the league in walks. That is not an ace pitcher, or someone with the talent or heart to be one....

Based on that: Sox have 3 pitchers (Wells, Garland and Burhle) that have ERAs under 4. Tribe has zero

Well, when either Wells or Garland can do that with a whole season as a starter, I'll put them in that category. Until then, we have 1. Sabathia will have no chance against teams like Oakland, NY, and Seattle. They are patient teams who capitalize on walks and pitcher's mistakes. It's a level of fundamentals the Sox have no concept of....

AnnaKfan
09-04-2001, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Sabathia will have no chance against teams like Oakland, NY, and Seattle. They are patient teams who capitalize on walks and pitcher's mistakes. It's a level of fundamentals the Sox have no concept of....

Finally, a point worth making! All the talk about Valentin, Clayton, and CLee, and someone finally notes that the true weakness is our team's lack of patience at the plate.

The biggest difference between our Sox and the Yankees or Oakland is the number of pitches we take. With Thomas missing, nobody seems to know (or care) about waiting for the pitcher to make a mistake.

Why are we paying Gary Ward? The guy has no clue.

dimaisback
09-04-2001, 03:00 PM
>>Why are we paying Gary Ward? The guy has no clue<<<

that's why Sox have Gary Ward: the lesser the clue, the lesser the pay

OutcastRadio
09-04-2001, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by dimaisback

Based on that: Sox have 3 pitchers (Wells, Garland and Burhle) that have ERAs under 4. Tribe has zero.

Technically, the Sox only have 2. Kip Wells' numbers as a starter have him at a 4.69 ERA.

FarWestChicago
09-04-2001, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Outcast Radio

Technically, the Sox only have 2. Kip Wells' numbers as a starter have him at a 4.69 ERA.

Yeah, but I don't think I want our pitchers brawling with your pitchers. At least not until Rauch gets here. :)