PDA

View Full Version : What is all this Boston White Sox rumors?

ukigdog
01-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Where is this boston trade rumors coming from??? Nowhere else have i heard anything about Maggs and Valentin for Nomar, Nixon, Williamson, etc. Where is it coming from?? any credibility??

Foulke You
01-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
Where is this boston trade rumors coming from??? Nowhere else have i heard anything about Maggs and Valentin for Nomar, Nixon, Williamson, etc. Where is it coming from?? any credibility??

The guy who posts here "Otis" claims to have an inside source in the Boston Red Sox organization and this source informs him of trade talks.

Otis broke the original Nomar/Williamson for Maggs deal that was on the table pending the A-Rod/Manny trade weeks before the national and local media outlets got a hold of it. This gives him credibility in my eyes and in the eyes of many of the posters here. I have no reason to doubt him as he has already been correct once. Why would he start lying now?

ukigdog
01-12-2004, 07:21 PM
I see, i just wasnt sure, just checking. Thanks otis then for your information. I really like the sounds of this trade because i really do not see cheap ass JR forking over the dough that maggs will want next year, and for some reason i think he would for nomar because its so difficult to get a high quality SS in the majors. So this trade makes much sense to me, except one thing....

Why would Boston want valentin in place of Nomar?? Especially since valentin will probably platoon cause he cant hit right handed.

ukigdog
01-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Question for otis. You posted recently that trade talks would continue on thursday. This thursday??? What is the latest. Id love to beleive you on this and i really am starting to. Can you just clear up what is the latest again. Thanks bud!

soxtalker
01-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
I...
Why would Boston want valentin in place of Nomar?? Especially since valentin will probably platoon cause he cant hit right handed.

I believe that the two threads that Otis started and the complementary discussion on the Red Sox board indicate a couple of possible answers. First, Boston may simply be willing to take the lower batting average, as their line-up will look pretty awesome. Also, it isn't clear what Fenway park would do to Valentin's average. Hitting against the green monster takes away HR's, but it also turns fly outs into singles. A second possibility is that Boston will turn around and trade him to Texas.

Huisj
01-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I believe that the two threads that Otis started and the complementary discussion on the Red Sox board indicate a couple of possible answers. First, Boston may simply be willing to take the lower batting average, as their line-up will look pretty awesome. Also, it isn't clear what Fenway park would do to Valentin's average. Hitting against the green monster takes away HR's, but it also turns fly outs into singles. A second possibility is that Boston will turn around and trade him to Texas.

but since valentin can only really hit left handed, and since all his power is to right field, does the wall in left have much of an effect on him at all?