PDA

View Full Version : Steinbrenner hires Jerry Krause

Fenway
01-12-2004, 05:33 PM
In another move, the team also hired former Chicago Bulls general manager Jerry Krause in a scouting role. Krause was GM for the Bulls from 1985-2002 and retired late last season, citing health problems.

A two-time NBA executive of the year, Krause was a baseball scout before coming to the Bulls.

http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/index.cfm?section=main&cont_id=47516&table_name=ap_cont_text&table_cd=a&right_include=/customtags/dsp_local_news_module.cfm

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Atleast the cubs didn't hire him, I could only imagine the headlines in tomorrows cubune

hftrex
01-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Krause might be groomed as Steinbrenner's pick for Cashman's replacement as Yankees GM down the line.

Fenway
01-12-2004, 06:53 PM
as a Red Sox fan I pray you are correct

http://forums.redsoxnation.net/style_images/1/nav.gif

Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Atleast the cubs didn't hire him, I could only imagine the headlines in tomorrows cubune

DrCrawdad
01-12-2004, 07:13 PM

The Cubbies DID have Jerry Krause do some scouting last year.

Frater Perdurabo
01-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Just remember that "organizations win championships."

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by hftrex
Krause might be groomed as Steinbrenner's pick for Cashman's replacement as Yankees GM down the line.

The only thing Steinbrenner should have Krause scout is the best place in NY to get a calzone.

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 11:37 AM

Concerning most Chicagoans hold Krause and JR responsible for breaking up The Dynasty and running MJ out of town, I don't think the headlines would be as favorable as you might think.

hose
01-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
The only thing Steinbrenner should have Krause scout is the best place in NY to get a calzone.

Thats the first thing I thought of :)

hftrex
01-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Concerning most Chicagoans hold Krause and JR responsible for breaking up The Dynasty and running MJ out of town, I don't think the headlines would be as favorable as you might think.

Rather it was the selfish egomaniacal duo of Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan who sabotaged the Bulls dynasty that Jerry Krause put together.

Its too bad that Reinsdorf did not tap Krause as Schueler's successor as Sox GM in 2000. With Krause's eye for talent, we could have avoided the Todd Ritchie and Billy Koch disasters.