PDA

View Full Version : Who is more pathetic?

ssang
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Who is more pathetic?

The Bears' Organization or the White Sox organization?

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 03:48 PM
There's no salary cap in baseball.
White Sox baseball gets my vote.

Baby Fisk
01-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
There's no salary cap in baseball.

What a second! You mean it's NOT $58 MILLION?!?! :?: :?: :?:

KingXerxes
01-12-2004, 03:52 PM
C'mon folks. I'll be the first to admit that we haven't won anything for a while, but we are at least competitive. You cannot match the incompetence of the McCaskey family and the beloved Bears.

Baby Fisk
01-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
C'mon folks. I'll be the first to admit that we haven't won anything for a while, but we are at least competitive. You cannot match the incompetence of the McCaskey family and the beloved Bears.
There's no parity in baseball either.
For that reason, the Bears can always live with a glimmer of hope for the future, can't they?

The Sox are doomed forever. Well, not necessarily forever...

:sellreinsy

tanko
01-12-2004, 03:56 PM
At least the Bears try to win.

kittle42
01-12-2004, 04:02 PM
:reinsy

"Well, maybe if someone built *us* a new stadium and....oh, wait."

CHISOXFAN13
01-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by tanko

Yep, teams that allow their best pass rusher to bolt via free agency and trade their big run-stopping tackle for a fourth round pick sure are trying to win.

Stick to the Politte bashing, Tanko.

thepaulbowski
01-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Yep, teams that allow their best pass rusher to bolt via free agency and trade their big run-stopping tackle for a fourth round pick sure are trying to win.

How many championships have the Bears won since the Sox last won a championship? OK, I rest my case.

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes

Au Contraire my friend! It is the VERY FACT that weve had
a very solid nucleus of talent, with just minor "patchwork" to push this team onto a Championship. The hardest hardest
thing in baseball is to acquire those 8 or 9 CORE PLAYERS,
and fill in the blanks around them. The White Sox for the last
22 Years have been Oblivious to this fact (ok, the offseasons of 82, 93 were the exceptions. possibly Midsummer last yr too)
But that has been it. This team has been Content To Fritter Away Players, Squander Available FA Talent, and Refused to
go that "Extra mile" to Win It All. For this Reason....The White SOX Organization, that SHOULDVE BEEN TO THE SERIES about 4 times Already in My Estimation, WINS THE MOST PATHETIC FRANCHISE title

CHISOXFAN13
01-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Au Contraire my friend! It is the VERY FACT that weve had
a very solid nucleus of talent, with just minor "patchwork" to push this team onto a Championship. The hardest hardest
thing in baseball is to acquire those 8 or 9 CORE PLAYERS,
and fill in the blanks around them. The White Sox for the last
22 Years have been Oblivious to this fact (ok, the offseasons of 82, 93 were the exceptions. possibly Midsummer last yr too)
But that has been it. This team has been Content To Fritter Away Players, Squander Available FA Talent, and Refused to
go that "Extra mile" to Win It All. For this Reason....The White SOX Organization, that SHOULDVE BEEN TO THE SERIES about 4 times Already in My Estimation, WINS THE MOST PATHETIC FRANCHISE title

And the Bears have done??????? They have a knack of letting key components walk and also have a tendency to botch coaching hires.

The next time the Sox hire a guy only to end up with sloppy seconds two days later let me know.

fledgedrallycap
01-12-2004, 04:51 PM
C. The Blackhawks :) or :gulp: if you're a fan...

jabrch
01-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Um, their "best pass rusher" was a terrible LB who couldn't stop the run, couldn't tackle and couldn't cover. He was the most overrated player in the NFL. Their run stopper was way too heavy and broke his leg in the first few weeks of the season.

Two pretty good moves if you ask me.

hillbilly
01-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
Um, their "best pass rusher" was a terrible LB who couldn't stop the run, couldn't tackle and couldn't cover. He was the most overrated player in the NFL. Their run stopper was way too heavy and broke his leg in the first few weeks of the season.

Two pretty good moves if you ask me.

Finally someone who agrees with me and doesn't just listen to the media saying ted washington was the reason urlacher is good and making all those tackels (which is not true) and also that stats in football are more OVERRATED than any other professional sport. Colvin wasn't that good of a player to be worth that much money. The only reason he had so many sacks was the defensive plays Blache chose. Bears made the right moves with those two. Angelo is on the right track.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Neither of them have done anything other than get to the playoffs and stink up the joint in my lifetime so they're both on the same level. Neither of them ever really try to do anything in the offseason. Like someone said earlier, both of the teams always get the sloppy seconds in players and managers.

washington
01-12-2004, 05:40 PM
The Bears have won a championship in my lifetime. That automatically makes them a better organization than the White Sox, no matter how many idiots are in the Bears organization.

jeremyb1
01-12-2004, 05:55 PM
I accidently voted for the White Sox but I meant to vote for the Bears. If you're talking historically, it becomes a different question but in recent years, we've been a much better organization. While we don't win as much as we should, we're certainly not an embarassment. We're not the Detroit Tigers or the Brewers. We don't 100 games. While we should've done better we've still been playoff contenders the past four season even if it has been in baseball's weakest division.

voodoochile
01-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I accidently voted for the White Sox but I meant to vote for the Bears. If you're talking historically, it becomes a different question but in recent years, we've been a much better organization. While we don't win as much as we should, we're certainly not an embarassment. We're not the Detroit Tigers or the Brewers. We don't 100 games. While we should've done better we've still been playoff contenders the past four season even if it has been in baseball's weakest division.

I fixed the totals for you. The Bears may have come through a rough decade, but they are definitely headed in the right direction and the sport they play in gives them a chance. The Sox are currently ending a 5 year run plan by surrendering in the 4th year (some might even say the 3rd).

The Bears may not be great, but at least they don't punt on 3rd down...

BKozi
01-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Can I vote for the Bulls?

voodoochile
01-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by BKozi
Can I vote for the Bulls?

In a fair assessment, the Hawks would win most pathetic hands down, IMO. They might be the worst run franchise in all of professional sports.

Bulls too appear to be on the right track and at least they hired an experienced coach so the fans can't be completely upset.

CWSGuy406
01-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
C. The Blackhawks :) or :gulp: if you're a fan...

At least the Hawks have minor league talent and a real youth movement going on. They also seem that they are finally going to stick with their talented youth, not settle for vets (keeping fingers crossed). Not saying the Sox's minor league talent is awful, however, but right now I see no direction with the Sox.

The Bears, with a good coach and a free agent aquisition or two, are in the playoffs next year.

MarqSox
01-12-2004, 07:12 PM
My grandfather is an 83-year-old Sox and Bears fan. Championships in his lifetime:

Bears: 9
Sox: 0

Enough said.

StillMissOzzie
01-12-2004, 07:16 PM
The Bears are unintentionally pathetic - poor decisions, poor judges of talent. The Sox are intentionally, cynically pathetic - crying poor with a sweetheart lease deal, modest payroll, hiring of toadies beholden to JR.

SMO
:angry:

jordan23ventura
01-12-2004, 07:22 PM
I don't exactly know which franchise is more pathetic, but at least Bears fans don't have to wait 140 games into the season to see their team drop out of the race.

cubhater
01-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
The Bears are unintentionally pathetic - poor decisions, poor judges of talent. The Sox are intentionally, cynically pathetic - crying poor with a sweetheart lease deal, modest payroll, hiring of toadies beholden to JR.

SMO

I couldn't agree with you more or said it better.

doublem23
01-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by tanko

Not in my lifetime.

Unfortunately, since the Bulls were dismantled, the Sox have been the most consistently competitive team in the market. I think only the Hawks clearly beat the Bears for complete and utter incompetency over the last decade.

A. Cavatica
01-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
I don't exactly know which franchise is more pathetic, but at least Bears fans don't have to wait 140 games into the season to see their team drop out of the race.

ROFL...

ssang
01-12-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie

SMO

That is EXACTLY the way it is! Great call. So I guess you could say.....

The Bears are pathetic in that they try to do well and win, they just have no clue how to go about winning. One horrbile move after another. They're truly pathetic...in those regards.

and The White Sox are pathetic in that they're inentoinally not trying to win AND they lie to the fans about it. The Sox cry poor and it's all a bunch of B.S. We should EASILY rule the AAL Central year after year. Reinsdorf and co. are truly pathetic SOB's.

And they're both pathetic in that both organizations are GREEDY AS HELL!!!

Hangar18
01-13-2004, 12:56 AM
:sellreinsy

Jerry Reinsdorf: Urban Planner, PR Genius, Building Architect...
Patriot.

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 01:23 AM
From best to worst in my lifetime.....

1. Bulls (6 Championships)
2. Bears (1 Championship)
3. Hawks (1 Stanley Cup Final Appearance)
4. Cubs (3 NL Championships/1 WildCard) :whiner:
5. Sox (3 AL West/Central Championships)

How pathetic is that?

Now..... from best to worst..... IMHO.....

Excluding the Bulls of the 90's, they're all pathetic. You have the Bears run into the ground by Mike McCaskey who's mommy took away his toy too late. You have the Cubs who, since they're owned by the Tribune Company, should have multiple WS Championships by now. You have the White Sox owned by JR who's cried poor for practically my whole life while other teams, including 2 expansion teams, have won the WS Championships. And let's not forget it was JR that put the quabash on the '94 season..... a season that many thought was the White Sox' time, destined to represent the AL in the World Series. And look at what JR has done after 6 NBA Championships with the greatest NBA player of all time. ZERO! Jordan, and only Jordan, is the reason why JR has 6 NBA Championship rings. JR is still probably under the delusion that he and Krause are responsible for those 6 rings. And I won't even get started on the most pathetic of all of Chicago's sports franchises..... the SlackHawks.

The White Sox ARE GOING THE WAY OF THE SLACKHAWKS IN CHICAGO!!!!! JR needs to WAKE UP! If he's "broke" and won't spend, sell to someone who will!

Hokiesox
01-13-2004, 07:59 AM
If you'd put the blackhawks into the mix, they'd win by a landslide. As it is, I went for the Sox here. At least the Bears have some kind of promise with Grossman. We got....Uribe!

Hokiesox
01-13-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
At least the Hawks have minor league talent and a real youth movement going on. They also seem that they are finally going to stick with their talented youth, not settle for vets (keeping fingers crossed). Not saying the Sox's minor league talent is awful, however, but right now I see no direction with the Sox.

The Bears, with a good coach and a free agent aquisition or two, are in the playoffs next year.

Ok Bill Wirtz/Bob Pulford, we've uncovered you for who you are! Just admit it now.

Youth movements don't work in today's national hockey league. Chicago is no Edmonton and 1984 was 20 years ago.

CLR01
01-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
Ok Bill Wirtz/Bob Pulford, we've uncovered you for who you are! Just admit it now.

Youth movements don't work in today's national hockey league. Chicago is no Edmonton and 1984 was 20 years ago.

Even if they did you need a coach who will help the young guys develop. Instead the Hawks have:

A Blackhawks source said defenseman Steve McCarthy was getting close to returning from a groin strain when Brian Sutter inexplicably put him through a rigorous workout that tore up the groin and everything into McCarthy's lower abs.