PDA

View Full Version : Kenny!

Soxdude
01-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Eh...Kenny (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040111&content_id=626976&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)
Kenny should have picked up Wendell for cheap...i mean we could make a run at Urbina, but I also like Wendells clubhouse spirit and interesting superstitions.

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 01:55 PM
have to remember, must limit the number of ex-cubs on your team

CHISOXFAN13
01-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Soxdude
Eh...Kenny (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040111&content_id=626976&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)
Kenny should have picked up Wendell for cheap...i mean we could make a run at Urbina, but I also like Wendells clubhouse spirit and interesting superstitions.

When are people going to realize that the GM can't pick up players if the owner doesn't give him money to spend?????

JRIG
01-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
When are people going to realize that the GM can't pick up players if the owner doesn't give him money to spend?????

And it makes it extra tough when you as the GM give huge contracts to mediocre players (Konerko, Lee) and overrated closers (Koch)!!!

Heck, that's 36% of this year's payroll right there!

Lip Man 1
01-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Somewhere Phil Rogers is smiling. Remember the grief Phil took when he stated in his columns and in his interview at WSI that the Sox were going to have payroll problems in the future. (This was about a year and half ago remember)

Seems the chickens have come home to roost and sox fans are going to be the one having to take it (again)

Lip

Tekijawa
01-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
And it makes it extra tough when you as the GM give huge contracts to mediocre players (Konerko, Lee) and overrated closers (Koch)!!!

Heck, that's 36% of this year's payroll right there!

I would like to add Valentin and Subtract Lee... I honestly don't thin kwe over paid for him... and he will be more valuable at his price than Maggs will be at his (More than Double)

Soxdude
01-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
have to remember, must limit the number of ex-cubs on your team
But Turk is a good pitcher and a lively man in the clubhouse...I saw him on the best damn sports show period

Jjav829
01-12-2004, 06:21 PM
But Turk is a good pitcher and a lively man in the clubhouse...I saw him on the best damn sports show period

I think Tom Arnold would probably be pretty damn lively in the clubhouse. Let's give him a minor league contract and see what happens!

Daver
01-12-2004, 06:28 PM

Well if that isn't a topnotch notch reason to sign a player I don't know what is.

Maybe they could get John Sally too in a package deal..........

Soxdude
01-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Well if that isn't a topnotch notch reason to sign a player I don't know what is.

Maybe they could get John Sally too in a package deal..........
Daver, i don't appreciate your sarcasm. I just thought I'd let you know I didn't appreciate it.

Soxdude
01-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
I think Tom Arnold would probably be pretty damn lively in the clubhouse. Let's give him a minor league contract and see what happens!
I don't appreciate the sarcasm either, i thought I'd just let you know.

Daver
01-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Daver, i don't appreciate your sarcasm. I just thought I'd let you know I didn't appreciate it.

And your point is?.............

Jjav829
01-12-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't appreciate the sarcasm either, i thought I'd just let you know.

Dually Noted.