PDA

View Full Version : Rogers ,Nelson to Texas

tanko
01-12-2004, 11:07 AM
I know people liked Rogers he's gone

CubKilla
01-12-2004, 11:29 AM
So any shred of hope that some Sox fans had here that Jerry would actually spend a few dollars this offseason are, for all intents and purposes, done. Who else is left? Why would any of the veterans on the White Sox want to play for the White Sox? Why would any of the MLB players that would become FA's want to play for the White Sox?

Barring a White Sox playoff appearance in '04, the White Sox are done in Chicago..... especially if the Cubs are as good on the field as they appear on paper.

Jerko
01-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Yeah, but we might get Ponson.

Maximo
01-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
So any shred of hope that some Sox fans had here that Jerry would actually spend a few dollars this offseason are, for all intents and purposes, done. Who else is left? Why would any of the veterans on the White Sox want to play for the White Sox? Why would any of the MLB players that would become FA's want to play for the White Sox?

Barring a White Sox playoff appearance in '04, the White Sox are done in Chicago..... especially if the Cubs are as good on the field as they appear on paper.

Rome is burning......and the Sox management keeps on fiddling.

tanko
01-12-2004, 11:39 AM
but we got POlitte.

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by tanko
I know people liked Rogers he's gone

***Sigh*** IF only we werent so worried about that extra 1million last year, and went ahead and Signed the guy ......
We couldve thrown in an Option at our Leisure, and "Picked Up"
said Option this year for like 2.5 mil or something like that.
The White Sox remind me of the Shopper who Waits Til February
to buy their XMAS Ornaments for next year, because ornaments
are all 80% off. Problem Is, SHoppers like the Yankees, RedSox, Phillies, Angels, Royals went ahead and picked the best Ornaments already. SO Yeah......were "Saving" 85% buying
ornaments in the Bargain Bin, Then when we REALLY NEED
Better Quality Ornaments, We End up overpaying, either Financially or More Often, by trading away our Talent .......
Im seeing a Pattern with This Organization

Fridaythe13thJason
01-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
***Sigh*** IF only we werent so worried about that extra 1million last year, and went ahead and Signed the guy ......
We couldve thrown in an Option at our Leisure, and "Picked Up"
said Option this year for like 2.5 mil or something like that.
The White Sox remind me of the Shopper who Waits Til February
to buy their XMAS Ornaments for next year, because ornaments
are all 80% off. Problem Is, SHoppers like the Yankees, RedSox, Phillies, Angels, Royals went ahead and picked the best Ornaments already. SO Yeah......were "Saving" 85% buying
ornaments in the Bargain Bin, Then when we REALLY NEED
Better Quality Ornaments, We End up overpaying, either Financially or More Often, by trading away our Talent .......
Im seeing a Pattern with This Organization

...and those ornaments are those gaudy colored glass ones so no one even likes to look at our tree.

This could go on forever... :smile:

jeremyb1
01-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Its hard for me to get upset about missing out on a 39 year old starter that was league average at best last season. He won't be several million better in Rauch this season in my opinion. Again, I hate to say it but I feel like anyone who thought we were going to spend a few million on someone like Rogers was being naive and unrealistic.

Lip Man 1
01-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Just Wondering.....

Where are those people who stated quite forecefully after last season that Uncle Jerry HAD to spend money and improve the team because of what the Cubs did?

Where are those folks who said that Uncle Jerry WAS GOING to spend money this off season because he couldn't let the Cubs take over the town?

and finally where are those people who were ripping on us folks who said that Uncle Jerry was NOT going to spend money just because the Cubs were winning? That Uncle Jerry had already stated publicly he couldn't care less about what the Cubs do.

Haven't seen them around lately have you?

Lip

kittle42
01-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just Wondering.....

Where are those people who stated quite forecefully after last season that Uncle Jerry HAD to spend money and improve the team because of what the Cubs did?

Where are those folks who said that Uncle Jerry WAS GOING to spend money this off season because he couldn't let the Cubs take over the town?

and finally where are those people who were ripping on us folks who said that Uncle Jerry was NOT going to spend money just because the Cubs were winning? That Uncle Jerry had already stated publicly he couldn't care less about what the Cubs do.

Haven't seen them around lately have you?

Lip

"Chicago will always be a Cubs town."

Jerko
01-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Great, Minnesota loses another pitcher. Now KW will REALLY use the old "we lost players but so did they" excuse as his mantra for not signing anybody. I'm starting to think my old softball team can win the AL Central.

Paulwny
01-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Just Wondering.....

Lip

Still here Lip.
With all that JR is doing to the fans I'm starting to believe that he with his buddy Bud will try to get mlb to contract the sox, using attendance and "Chi. is a cubs town" as the reasons.

Lip Man 1
01-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Paul:

Are the risk of being castrated by others that may be the best thing to ever happen to South Side baseball fans.

A part of me always wondered what would have happened had the state let the Sox go in 88?

Hell, we might have had Jerry Colangelo as the new owner of the expansion White Sox.

I've always contended that if the Sox left, the A.L. wouldn't have just given this big of a market completely over to the National League they would have put an expansion team in or moved another franchise in within ten years.

All I know is that the state didn't and we still have good ole' Uncle Jerry around.

I can't see that happening now though because the team extended a new lease with the city / state. It would cost a fortune to get out of it and I don't think MLB would be willing to pay that price when future contraction talks start right after the basic agreement ends in 2006.

Lip

Paulwny
01-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

WOW, how did my message end up in lip's quote?

Paulwny
01-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Paul:

Are the risk of being castrated by others that may be the best thing to ever happen to South Side baseball fans.

A part of me always wondered what would have happened had the state let the Sox go in 88?

Hell, we might have had Jerry Colangelo as the new owner of the expansion White Sox.

I've always contended that if the Sox left, the A.L. wouldn't have just given this big of a market completely over to the National League they would have put an expansion team in or moved another franchise in within ten years.

All I know is that the state didn't and we still have good ole' Uncle Jerry around.

I can't see that happening now though because the team extended a new lease with the city / state. It would cost a fortune to get out of it and I don't think MLB would be willing to pay that price when future contraction talks start right after the basic agreement ends in 2006.

Lip

Yea, your right, no contraction. I'm really depressed about the up coming season.
In my post that ended up in your post I said, this year I feel that sox fans are the cowboy in the song "Streets of Laredo" but, I don't know what we did wrong.

Daver
01-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
WOW, how did my message end up in lip's quote?

Typo?

It had to be on your end Paul.

I'll fix it.

:)

Paulwny
01-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Typo?

It had to be on your end Paul.

I'll fix it.

:)

THANKS,