PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest Opening Ceremony & QA Session

Hangar18
01-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Is anyone really Serious about holding up a small cardboard sign voicing whatever message your wanting to convey to Mgmt (and more importantly, the media) or Asking a Few Hardball Questions of these guys? Or were we all kidding ?

That day, and Opening Day are the BEST TIMES to get attention,
because last time I checked the Media Forecast, theres a 99% chance of a Cubpoganda Onslaught, comeplete with Baker Appearances, little Darren Are-You-Ready-for-2004 interviews, WooWoo sightings, New-cub-glad-hes-here-interviews, the Gratuitious and yearly asking of fans the "what-do-you-think-they'll-do-this-year" BS. Some of this very heavy. Whatever the sox Do (or dont do as has been the case lately) will be Politely Ignored or buried deep in the news. Something Uncle Jerry will be relying on Big-Time, seeing as hes in the middle of conceding 2004 already, and No Way does he want ANY Negative Media Attention on him or this team.

Im going to do it. Mine will probably say either "Wait til 2005"
or "Sox Baseball.... No World Series since 1959" or even this,
"58 Million = 2005". Before anyone posts the "Hangar, your on crack" or the "Hangar it aint gonna work" replies, know that
Im doing this to make ME feel better and to let them Know I know whats going on. What else can I do? Root for another
team? Mariotti has got about 4 months worth of Sox Mgmt Bashing he can write, hopefully he doesnt waste it his chance

Daver
01-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Hangar,

Time to change the tinfoil................

:redneck

Hangar18
01-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Hangar,

Time to change the tinfoil................

:redneck

sigh.... Your probably right. not without a fight

CubKilla
01-12-2004, 02:20 AM
Sox fans should be allowed to display their dissatisfaction with the team anyway they like..... be it signs, questions, jokes about the Uribe signing..... whatever. What kills me about SoxFest is when a fan asks a decent but biting question of KW or the manager, some of the "fans" in attendance tell the asker to "sit down" or boo. To all those, I say ****. He/she paid his/her money. They should be able to ask anyone in the Sox Organization anything they want without some "homer" booing or sniping them.

I'm displaying my dissatisfaction by not appearing and wasting my money on SoxFest '03 in '04.

Soxdude
01-12-2004, 08:12 AM
I am also going to do something at the Q & A session, like give Kenny his 2 quarters so he can have his 1 dollar. :)

gosox41
01-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Sox fans should be allowed to display their dissatisfaction with the team anyway they like..... be it signs, questions, jokes about the Uribe signing..... whatever. What kills me about SoxFest is when a fan asks a decent but biting question of KW or the manager, some of the "fans" in attendance tell the asker to "sit down" or boo. To all those, I say ****. He/she paid his/her money. They should be able to ask anyone in the Sox Organization anything they want without some "homer" booing or sniping them.

I'm displaying my dissatisfaction by not appearing and wasting my money on SoxFest '03 in '04.

Me to. It's a waste of time lovefest for a team that hasn't done enough to be loved.

I'll make myself heard at the ballpark, because I have no problem voicing my displeasure at any player/manager who doesn't perform well. And the way this team is set up right now, I won't be the only discontented fan out there but I may be the loudest.

Bob

steff
01-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Sounds like I'm in the minority in thinking that asking a question versus holding what will be an obvious ignorant shot at management is the way to go. Personally.. I'd rather show my intelligence versus my inner child.

Henry.. are you going to make them colorful and in those cool box letters like the sign you made for Frank's homer and the "cork" one.. too..?

Also.. a reminder to avoid us if you are bringing them to the bar, please.

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by steff
Sounds like I'm in the minority in thinking that asking a question versus holding what will be an obvious ignorant shot at management is the way to go. Personally.. I'd rather show my intelligence versus my inner child.

Henry.. are you going to make them colorful and in those cool box letters like the sign you made for Frank's homer and the "cork" one.. too..?

I'm for asking questions instead of signs. MAybe we should get a thread going where we can "assign" questions to each oteh or have some sort of organization...kinda like proofreading. So that we can help each other come up with the best, most airtight questions so that they can't wiggle out of answering.

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 01:38 PM

So "speaking my mind" (remember, not all of us are going to be able to ask questions) is Childish? Sorry Steff, Im doing
something about my displeasure ..... I used to have a banner
that said "Cut Payroll, Trade Reinsdorf" and would Get HUGE
Ovations from the crowd. Even took it to Detroit, and got a Huge Ovation from all the visiting Sox Fans .....
ANd Yes, whatever sign I make, will be Colorful, CLEVER,
and Easy To Read

steff
01-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
So "speaking my mind" (remember, not all of us are going to be able to ask questions) is Childish? Sorry Steff, Im doing
something about my displeasure ..... I used to have a banner
that said "Cut Payroll, Trade Reinsdorf" and would Get HUGE
Ovations from the crowd. Even took it to Detroit, and got a Huge Ovation from all the visiting Sox Fans .....
ANd Yes, whatever sign I make, will be Colorful, CLEVER,
and Easy To Read

No.. making signs and making noise like you're going in there slinging crap is childish. Get in line early and ask your question.

As for people there giving you an ovation... people that are there have spent their money to hear what has to be said. I highly doubt you'll get a positive reaction when your stunt makes a scene and cuts into the time alloted for the Q&A.. JMO though.

Iwritecode
01-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I'm for asking questions instead of signs. MAybe we should get a thread going where we can "assign" questions to each oteh or have some sort of organization...kinda like proofreading. So that we can help each other come up with the best, most airtight questions so that they can't wiggle out of answering.

I've thought about this before. I kinda know what I want to ask them but I'm not really sure how to put it into words.

Plus, is there really anything we could ask them that they couldn't wiggle out of somehow?

Here's what I thought of:

Explain the increase in ticket prices with a lack of movement to improve the team.

Explain the shady dealings (trying to talk contracts with players without agent being present, slashing of Burly's salary because he didn't sign a long-term contract) that have been reported the past couple of years.

Explain the refusal to up the payroll to an amount worthy of the market the team plays in.

Explain the refusal to do whatever it takes to improve the team when the division is so ripe for the taking and the need to take the city back from the northsiders with their recent success.

Ask them if they understand the fact that if this team wins and wins consistently, we the fans will show up to support the team. 2000 and 2003 are perfect examples. If they do understand this, why don't they do (and spend) whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field knowing the rewards for their efforts will be well worth the risk?

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 01:48 PM
No.. making signs and making noise like you're going in there slinging crap is childish. Get in line early and ask your question.

As for people there giving you an ovation... people that are there have spent their money to hear what has to be said. I highly doubt you'll get a positive reaction when your stunt makes a scene and cuts into the time alloted for the Q&A.. JMO though.

Steff, Im not going to be doing a FUR Protest or making noise.
Im just quietly holding a sign up. where did you think Id be Lighting Myself On Fire, or Jumping on The Stage yelling obscenities

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 01:53 PM
And Im going to do My Best, to get there Early So I can Ask One of the Questions that I Write Code brought up.....those are the
best ones ........... But If I dont get the chance......
" 58 Million = 2005"

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I've thought about this before. I kinda know what I want to ask them but I'm not really sure how to put it into words.

Plus, is there really anything we could ask them that they couldn't wiggle out of somehow?

Explain the increase in ticket prices with a lack of movement to improve the team.

Explain the shady dealings (trying to talk contracts with players without agent being present, slashing of Burly's salary because he didn't sign a long-term contract) that have been reported the past couple of years.

Explain the refusal to up the payroll to an amount worthy of the market the team plays in.

Explain the refusal to do whatever it takes to improve the team when the division is so ripe for the taking and the need to take the city back from the northsiders with their recent success.

Ask them if they understand the fact that if this team wins and wins consistently, we the fans will show up to support the team. 2000 and 2003 are perfect examples. If they do understand this, why don't they do (and spend) whatever it takes to put a winning team on the field knowing the rewards for their efforts will be well worth the risk?
Well, I am from the "collaboration" school of thought. I think things work better when there are more minds working on it...constructively. I can see it happening where I construct a question and just before I get to ask, someone else asks almost the same thing...leaving me blank.
If we start a thread or e-mail list where we can throw out questions so that they are open to revision (something that sounds clear to someone confuses someone else), I think we can come up with some solid questions and avoid "duplicate" questions (at least among each other).

Iwritecode
01-12-2004, 02:01 PM
One more thing... Is Jerry going to be at the Q&A session? Has he been at previous ones?

I'd hate asking KW most of these questions knowing he is only partially to blame for the state of the team right now.

He really can't be blamed at all for the "self-imposed" budget either...

Iwritecode
01-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Here's another one. I think this one would be a good one for KW.

Ask him to explain the decision to sign Koch to a 2-year deal before he ever threw a single pitch in a White Sox uniform.

Especially combined with the fact that they didn't bring Gordan back this year.

Does he regret the decision and would he have made the same choice if he had waited until, say July to offer him a contract?

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Well, I am from the "collaboration" school of thought. I think things work better when there are more minds working on it...constructively. I can see it happening where I construct a question and just before I get to ask, someone else asks almost the same thing...leaving me blank.

One of us, maybe ME, will compile the "Top 10" list of questions
that NEED to be addressed. Whoever happens to be in Line
1st, gets the first question, 2nd, gets the second one....
etc etc. This is fairly simple. If im asking why the hell arent
we filling Holes in our Roster, and Kittle42 had the same question, we can go right to the Next Available Question.
Finally, we'll get some Real Answers

MarqSox
01-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Here's what we do -- get a group of WSIers together in the line, like 4 or 5 right in a row. If they wiggle out of the question from the first guy, the second guy follows up with the same question (rephrased perhaps) and so on. At some point, they'll be forced to answer the question straight up -- either that, or they'll say "no more questions about such-and-such, which would draw quite a negative reaction from the crowd.

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Hangar and Marq-
Sounds like great plans! I've never been, so I don't know what it is like. I am assuming that we will try to meet or something before the Q&A session.

Iwritecode
01-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Hangar and Marq-
Sounds like great plans! I've never been, so I don't know what it is like. I am assuming that we will try to meet or something before the Q&A session.

When is the Q&A session anyway? I didn't make it last year. If it's on Saturday or Sunday, we could do a lot of the planning in the bar the night before.

Is there more than one session???

kittle42
01-12-2004, 02:42 PM

At this point, Henry's idea sounds good to me. Why not have something like a huge banner that people can rally around and which might possibly get picked up by the media?

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 02:50 PM
If it's on Saturday or Sunday, we could do a lot of the planning in the bar the night before.
I'm all for the bar, but we better get organized before we get too drinky. After a few hours of :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: , we might have some very interesting questions.

jeremyb1
01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Here's another one. I think this one would be a good one for KW.

Ask him to explain the decision to sign Koch to a 2-year deal before he ever threw a single pitch in a White Sox uniform.

Especially combined with the fact that they didn't bring Gordan back this year.

Does he regret the decision and would he have made the same choice if he had waited until, say July to offer him a contract?

I think that was a situation where KW was simply too cocky about the entire situation. Even if Koch had repeated his numbers from '02 this season he still probably wouldn't have made more than 12 million over two years in arbitration. I'm not sure it ever occured to KW that his prize new acquisition could struggle.

steff
01-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Jerry usually is not at the Q&A. He's only been to 1 since I've been going (the year AB was signed) Before that, I don't remember. It starts at 7pm I think.. 7 to 8, IIRC. Hal surely would remember.. or Mike. There's plenty of time to meet outside the session to get your thoughts together.

Henry.. just in case you were going to, might I suggest not affiliating WSI on your posters. As a member here.. I do not support your methods and I wouldn't want anyone to think I, and anyone else who migh oppose your actions, do.

jabrch
01-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Steff, Im not going to be doing a FUR Protest or making noise.
Im just quietly holding a sign up. where did you think Id be Lighting Myself On Fire, or Jumping on The Stage yelling obscenities

Now that would probably provide more excitement than anything else that has happened this offseason!

Viva Magglio
01-12-2004, 05:15 PM
I'll probably be there for the weekend only because I'll be able to stay at the Hyatt for free that weekend. I would imagine that the security staff would disallow signage during the opening ceremony. They'd probably confiscate such signage at the door.

I would imagine this SoxFest could be the one most comparable to the 1968 Democratic Convention.

Also, has anyone noticed that it so far looks like a "B" list of White Sox players will be attending SoxFest? While Esteban Loaiza could be considered an "A" list player per last season, the other players named are Joe Crede, Jon Garland, Willie Harris, Miguel Olivo, and Aaron Roward. Not to insult these guys, but they are easily "B" list players compared to guys like Paul Konerko, Frank Thomas, Mágglio Ordóńez, Carlos Lee, Mark Buehrle, Damaso Marte, etc.

whitesoxwilkes
01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Also, has anyone noticed that it so far looks like a "B" list of White Sox players will be attending SoxFest? While Esteban Loaiza could be considered an "A" list player per last season, the other players named are Joe Crede, Jon Garland, Willie Harris, Miguel Olivo, and Aaron Roward. Not to insult these guys, but they are easily "B" list players compared to guys like Paul Konerko, Frank Thomas, Mágglio Ordóńez, Carlos Lee, Mark Buehrle, Damaso Marte, etc.

...and look what I just got in the email box today:

GUILLEN, BUEHRLE, LEE AND LOAIZA TO ATTEND SOXFEST 2004

CHICAGO – New Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen and current
players Mark Buehrle, Carlos Lee and Esteban Loaiza will headline the list
of participants at SoxFest 2004, the 12th annual White Sox fan
convention, which will be held January 30 – February 1, 2004 at the Hyatt
Regency Chicago.

SoxFest offers fans the opportunity to meet their favorite current and
former White Sox players. Other current players, including Joe Crede,
Jon Garland, Willie Harris, Miguel Olivo, Aaron Rowand, Jose Valentín
and Kelly Wunsch, as well as general manager Ken Williams and assistant
general manager Rick Hahn, also are scheduled to appear.

Third base coach Joey Cora and hitting coach Greg Walker, along with
former players Harold Baines, Britt Burns, Ed Farmer, Ken Harrelson,
Kevin Hickey, LaMarr Hoyt, Darrin Jackson, Jack McDowell, Bill Melton,
Minnie Minoso, Billy Pierce, Moose Skowron and Bobby Thigpen, will join
2003 Branch Rickey Award winner Roland Hemond in the weekend’s activities.

SoxFest will be held January 30 – February 1 at the Hyatt Regency
Chicago, located at 151 E. Wacker Drive in downtown Chicago. Dates and times
are as follows:

Friday, January 30 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 31 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 1 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.

SoxFest guests also can visit Kids’ Corner, purchase genuine baseball
memorabilia from the White Sox Garage Sale and receive free skills
instruction from Sox players and White Sox Training Academy instructors.

Special SoxFest one- and two-night hotel packages are available for
$137 and $236 plus tax and include weekend SoxFest passes. The two-night
package also includes four tickets to a 2004 White Sox game. SoxFest
daily passes are available for $15 (Friday or Sunday) or $20 (Saturday),
and weekend passes are $35 per person. Children under the age of four
are free with a paid adult admission.

Saturday evening, hotel guests and SoxFest attendees are invited to
stay for a party featuring a Beatles cover band, Twist and Shout, with
Kelly Wunsch and Jack McDowell scheduled to make a guest appearance. For
more information or to make hotel reservations, call the SoxFest hotline
at (312) 565-0769. For more details, visit whitesox.com or call the
White Sox at (312) 674-1000.

Tekijawa
01-12-2004, 05:42 PM
I saw no mention of Frank... Is he still part of the team? Has anyone spoken with him since the Hirin gof Guillen? I haven't heard a Peep from the guy...

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 05:59 PM

Henry.. just in case you were going to, might I suggest not affiliating WSI on your posters. As a member here.. I do not support your methods and I wouldn't want anyone to think I, and anyone else who migh oppose your actions, do.

You were kidding right? Dang let me remove the WSI Logos
from all my Banners/Signs. Just remember, Silence = Apathy

whitesoxwilkes
01-12-2004, 06:13 PM

The last thing we need is getting in trouble with Sox management because some of our members decide to go over the top with voicing their opinions to management.

Also keep in mind that there's going to be Sox players on the dais during the opening ceremony. This ought to be a real morale booster for them.

steff
01-12-2004, 06:21 PM

No.. I'm not kidding at all. And I definitely don't think it would be appropriate to have anything crapping on the Sox in the bar as well. Kenny doesn't go in there.. and neither does Jerry. So since you are ticket at them.. maybe you could not bring them there either. I'm sure the last thing George wants is to hear Dave talking on the radio or someone writing something in the papers about members from WSI with signs trashing the Sox organization..

soxwon
01-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Complain all you want but when we get Nomar and Maddux everyone will be talkin pennant, they got something huge up there sleeves, got us right where they want us- thinking we wont make a move then WHAMMO.
Nomars here and so is Maddux, this is gonna be GREATTT!!!

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
Complain all you want but when we get Nomar and Maddux everyone will be talkin pennant, they got something huge up there sleeves, got us right where they want us- thinking we wont make a move then WHAMMO.
Nomars here and so is Maddux, this is gonna be GREATTT!!!
I'm all about optimism, but shouldn't this be in pink? ;)

soxwon
01-12-2004, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Palehose13
[B]I'm all about optimism, but shouldn't this be in pink?

no pink is what the Cubs are- fruit cakes.
all that spending to finnish 2nd ha ha.
and yes we will get NOMAR.

TornLabrum
01-12-2004, 07:11 PM

:reinsy

"The answer to all of your questions is, 'If the fans had come out, none of this would have happened.'"

TornLabrum
01-12-2004, 07:23 PM
I agree. Speaking as one who simply contributes a column to WSI, as opposed to guys like Daver, Wilkes, etc. who do the real work here, I feel uncomfortable having anyone knocking the Sox under the WSI banner at SoxFest. MLB has made it tough enough on other fan sites, some of which were forced to fold rather than fight. I think George would be a lot more comfortable if you speak as individuals.

Remember, even the opinions here, or in any of the Page 1 columns represent those of the writers and do not necessarily represent those of the people who actually run WSI.

For example, as much as I would love to ask the tough questions in the Q&A sessions, I won't be able to. For most of the weekend, I'll be in the WCSF booth, wearing a WCSF sweatshirt. I can't reflect badly (in the eyes of the Sox) on that organization, or they can be really tough with us, obstructing our getting players for luncheons, etc., if they want to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people displaying banners affiliating themselves with WSI and behaving (in the eyes of the Sox) obnoxiously would cause the Sox to examine possible ways of shutting down this sight, even if it's just the display of pictures of players in uniform with the Sox logo on them.

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I agree. Speaking as one who simply contributes a column to WSI, as opposed to guys like Daver, Wilkes, etc. who do the real work here, I feel uncomfortable having anyone knocking the Sox under the WSI banner at SoxFest. MLB has made it tough enough on other fan sites, some of which were forced to fold rather than fight. I think George would be a lot more comfortable if you speak as individuals.

Remember, even the opinions here, or in any of the Page 1 columns represent those of the writers and do not necessarily represent those of the people who actually run WSI.

For example, as much as I would love to ask the tough questions in the Q&A sessions, I won't be able to. For most of the weekend, I'll be in the WCSF booth, wearing a WCSF sweatshirt. I can't reflect badly (in the eyes of the Sox) on that organization, or they can be really tough with us, obstructing our getting players for luncheons, etc., if they want to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people displaying banners affiliating themselves with WSI and behaving (in the eyes of the Sox) obnoxiously would cause the Sox to examine possible ways of shutting down this sight, even if it's just the display of pictures of players in uniform with the Sox logo on them.
I am with the people that want to ask questions that we want answers to, and when doing so I will act as an individual and not as a WSI member. Besides, after you guys get a few drinks in me you may disown me from the site. :o:

cubhater
01-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
What kills me about SoxFest is when a fan asks a decent but biting question of KW or the manager, some of the "fans" in attendance tell the asker to "sit down" or boo.

I'm displaying my dissatisfaction by not appearing and wasting my money on SoxFest '03 in '04. [/B]

I think JR hires those people or they're the ones who respond to his infamous surveys about what fans want.

Hangar18
01-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Steff, do you really think that im going to say I represent WSI when I make disparaging remarks about the SOX and the way they run their team? No. In fact, when ive been a caller on a radio program, and ripped on the team for one thing or another... do I ever say "well im from wsi and this is what I think". again No. Everyone thought it was cute to have a "Ignore the Media, Root for the Cubs" sign. but that didnt say WSI anywhere on it. I hang out on wsi, and everyones opinions are their own. they arent wsi opinions. I dont trash the players as much as I trash Mgmt. WHen I email them, they get my personal email. they know who I am. this isnt some Secret Society where were all supposed to be underground and not let them know how we feel. My darn pictures up on this site. I guess I should worry about what PETA will think about my voicing my opinion too. come on now. Its a Good Old
Fashioned Democracy. I never said i was going to trash the place ......If I dont get to ask my question, i'll have a simple, clever sign to get my point across. However, I do love this site, and if the gods believe the nazis on 35th will make trouble, maybe i'll think of something else just as Attention Getting

PaleHoseGeorge
01-12-2004, 09:40 PM
There is no official presence by WSI at SoxFest this year. There is no official protest either. I really hope everyone from WSI who attends SoxFest has a good time. Obviously there is really nothing I can do to stop anyone from doing whatever they want. As a fellow fan I only hope you represent all your fellow Sox Fans in a manner that does all of us proud, whether from WSI or not.

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Also keep in mind that there's going to be Sox players on the dais during the opening ceremony. This ought to be a real morale booster for them.

I'm sure their morale is already shot considering this Organization has done absolutely ZERO to better itself this offseason. Valentin said as much in an interview thread talked about here last week.

AMestan
01-13-2004, 12:42 AM
I've never been to SoxFest. As a season ticket holder I've been invited to a lot of activities but never attended. I would like to ask anyone who replied on this post if the Q&A is real or is it like the one the Blackhawks had 3 years ago for season RESERVATION HOLDERS. I gave up on hockey and the Wirtz's 3 or 4 times. I only go to games because a friend of mine is an NHL goal judge and I don't have to pay to get in. Another friend of mine is a Blackhawk season ticket holder (he hates Wirtz and enjoyed hockey when they had Bobby, Stan, a personality, were meaningful, etc.,) he attended the Hawk Q&A and is a season ticket holder beacuse both of his sons play hockey and wanted to attend. The Q&A was terrible. He told me the Hawk fans asked Mike Smith intelligent questions and were completely looked down upon. It was basically a joke.

Please fill me in on Sox Fest, the Q&A and if Makers Mark is served. If they don't serve Makers do they have Early Times, Jim Beam or Miller High Life.

Thank You.

CubKilla
01-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by AMestan
Please fill me in on Sox Fest, the Q&A and if Makers Mark is served. If they don't serve Makers do they have Early Times, Jim Beam or Miller High Life.

Thank You.

:reinsy

"Maker's Mark? We're on a T-Bird budget baby!!!!!"

SoxFest, for all intents and purposes, is a joke. You never get a straight answer from anyone during the Q & A. I guess they figure the fans don't deserve one. You'll get more lip-service than straight-shooting.

Having said that, SoxFest used to be the beginning of the baseball season for me. But I have to budget my White Sox experiences like JR budgets the White Sox period.

AMestan
01-13-2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the info Cubkilla. I don't need hangover.

HITMEN OF 77
01-13-2004, 02:12 AM
I don't think I will ask any of the "questions" at the Q&A or hold any signs. I will just go, have fun and take it all in for my 1st time ever going. I don't want to cause any problems, however I do feel that ownership has it coming to them.

ewokpelts
01-13-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by cubhater
I think JR hires those people or they're the ones who respond to his infamous surveys about what fans want.

Hey1 I've taken one of those surveys! Mind you, it was the game times survey...but still...
Gene

steff
01-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Steff, do you really think that im going to say I represent WSI when I make disparaging remarks about the SOX and the way they run their team? No. In fact, when ive been a caller on a radio program, and ripped on the team for one thing or another... do I ever say "well im from wsi and this is what I think". again No. Everyone thought it was cute to have a "Ignore the Media, Root for the Cubs" sign. but that didnt say WSI anywhere on it. I hang out on wsi, and everyones opinions are their own. they arent wsi opinions. I dont trash the players as much as I trash Mgmt. WHen I email them, they get my personal email. they know who I am. this isnt some Secret Society where were all supposed to be underground and not let them know how we feel. My darn pictures up on this site. I guess I should worry about what PETA will think about my voicing my opinion too. come on now. Its a Good Old
Fashioned Democracy. I never said i was going to trash the place ......If I dont get to ask my question, i'll have a simple, clever sign to get my point across. However, I do love this site, and if the gods believe the nazis on 35th will make trouble, maybe i'll think of something else just as Attention Getting

Henry.. I have no idea of your ultimate intent. I was just voicing my opinion...

Hangar18
01-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Henry.. I have no idea of your ultimate intent. I was just voicing my opinion...

Fair Enough. I wont be starting "trouble", just voicing my
opinion too. Im looking forward to seeing everyone after
a Long, Cold, Bitter, Uneventul Winter ..........

Jerko
01-13-2004, 10:07 AM
There is one advantage of having a sign as opposed to actually asking a question. I was at one of these Q&A sessions years ago at the Bullpen Bar with JR himself, and I was next in line to talk right before the thing ended. Good thing I didn't get a chance because with some of the answers JR was selling us, I was ready to rip him a new one and who knows; I might have been barred from the joint. I don't see anything being any different at Soxfest. Whoever is "answering" questions will so infuriate you it might be best if your only option is holding up a sign as opposed to getting on the mike. They will spin doctor the answers to every tough question so badly that a Cub fan wouldn't even believe them.