PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fest Hotel Package Question


Palehose13
01-11-2004, 01:24 PM
A friend and I are going to split the 2-day hotel package. We were wondering if you get 2 weekend passes to Sox Fest or if we will have to buy another one. I'm too lazy to call...no money til Thursday. Thanks!

Brian26
01-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I'm too lazy to call...no money til Thursday. Thanks!

This baffles me. You're too lazy to call from your home? Wouldn't this be just as easy, if not easier, than typing a message on WSI? The money comment baffles me too. Are you planning on calling the Hyatt from a pay phone? You can't do that until Thursday since you don't have money now? I'm sure they Hyatt has an 800 number anyway, so that shouldn't matter. Are you saying you don't want to order the package yet because you don't have money yet? Wouldn't you put it on your credit card anyway? I don't think the Hyatt is going to expect you to airmail cash to them on Thursday to reserve the room.

Palehose13
01-11-2004, 01:50 PM
Wow, Bri...someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? If you must know, I hate the phone. I plan on reserving the room online. If I did call, I would want to reserve the room when I called (you know, kill two birds with one stone). The only credit card I have is my checkcard, which is overdrawn. Hence I cannot reserve a room until Thursday.

I was curious and happened to be on the board...sorry I asked.

Brian26
01-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Wow, Bri...someone piss in your cornflakes this morning? If you must know, I hate the phone. I plan on reserving the room online. If I did call, I would want to reserve the room when I called (you know, kill two birds with one stone). The only credit card I have is my checkcard, which is overdrawn. Hence I cannot reserve a room until Thursday.

I was curious and happened to be on the board...sorry I asked.

No biggie. Didn't mean to be a prick at all. Makes sense since you use your check card. I'd suggest picking up a credit card at some point for emergency situations and big purchases. If done responsibly, it can give you some nice flexibility in life.

Hope to see you at Soxfest!

Palehose13
01-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
No biggie. Didn't mean to be a prick at all. Makes sense since you use your check card. I'd suggest picking up a credit card at some point for emergency situations and big purchases. If done responsibly, it can give you some nice flexibility in life.

Hope to see you at Soxfest!

Don't worry about it. I had credit cards...got me into trouble. I am paying with cash until I can get my credit situtaion under control. See you there.

Brian26
01-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Don't worry about it. I had credit cards...got me into trouble. I am paying with cash until I can get my credit situtaion under control. See you there.

Bring a lot of cash to Soxfest then. You may want to pick up that Paniagua jersey in the garage sale area. :D:

Palehose13
01-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Bring a lot of cash to Soxfest then. You may want to pick up that Paniagua jersey in the garage sale area. :D:
That is definitely on my list!

ewokpelts
01-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
A friend and I are going to split the 2-day hotel package. We were wondering if you get 2 weekend passes to Sox Fest or if we will have to buy another one. I'm too lazy to call...no money til Thursday. Thanks!

Pale,

You need to call the reservation in. Also, you dont need to pay with cash NOW. I reserved my room assumming that I had to pay up front, and they told me I'll be billed at the end(to add any excess costs...ie room service, phone calls...ect). As for weekend passes, you will get up to four. I'd tell the clerk you need four. You can always give/sell the extras. For more info go to :
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/index.jsp?program=upcoming
Gene

Palehose13
01-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks Gene! I'll call today.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Bring a lot of cash to Soxfest then. You may want to pick up that Paniagua jersey in the garage sale area. :D:

Good one!

You know if there is *one* artifact that would perfectly sum up the entire 2003 season, it would have to be Jose Paniaqua's Sox jersey. I would actually pay a premium to own that one. :smile:

The second-best 2003 artifact would be a stack of 90+ different line up cards filled out by Jerry Manuel.

:)

Palehose13
01-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Ok...so I called and this is why I hate the phone. The reservation clerk had no idea what I was tlaking about and said that it must be "sold out". Does that package actually get sold out????

cubhater
01-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Bring a lot of cash to Soxfest then. You may want to pick up that Paniagua jersey in the garage sale area. :D:

I've got my eye on the Jiminez jersey!

doogiec
01-11-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Ok...so I called and this is why I hate the phone. The reservation clerk had no idea what I was tlaking about and said that it must be "sold out". Does that package actually get sold out????

This happened to me a couple of years ago, they only sell a certain amount of the packages regardless of total tickets sold to Soxfest.

When this happened to me, however, I called back a few days later and magically there were more packages available. I think it must have something to do with the Hyatt's predictions for how many rooms they really need for other things that weekend.

Iwritecode
01-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Ok...so I called and this is why I hate the phone. The reservation clerk had no idea what I was tlaking about and said that it must be "sold out". Does that package actually get sold out????

Did you call the hotel itself or the 1-800 national reservation line?

I called last year and it took getting transfered to about 3 different people before they finally found what I was looking for. They seem to have a problem finding the package on their computers for some reason.

IIRC, there are a limited number of tickets sold for each day. It's possible you're too late... :(:

TornLabrum
01-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Did you call the hotel itself or the 1-800 national reservation line?

I called last year and it took getting transfered to about 3 different people before they finally found what I was looking for. They seem to have a problem finding the package on their computers for some reason.

IIRC, there are a limited number of tickets sold for each day. It's possible you're too late... :(:

I'm absolutely sure that's the reason! Seriously, though, do not call the 800 number. They won't know what you're talking about. You have to get the package through the Hyatt Regency Chicago at 312-565-0769. If you call during business hours you'll get their reservations desk, and they'll know whay you're talking about.

Iwritecode
01-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I'm absolutely sure that's the reason! Seriously, though, do not call the 800 number. They won't know what you're talking about. You have to get the package through the Hyatt Regency Chicago at 312-565-0769. If you call during business hours you'll get their reservations desk, and they'll know whay you're talking about.

I called the same number this year and had no problems.

Maybe I just got lucky???

HITMEN OF 77
01-11-2004, 09:34 PM
When I called and made my reservations last week, they said they only had a few of the plans left. Maybe they did sell out? The lady was nice enough to give me the special room rate for 4 nights, instead of the normal two, so that was nice. More $$$ to spend on a jersey or two.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
...If you call during business hours you'll get their reservations desk, and they'll know whay you're talking about.

I can hear it now...

(inside the Hyatt-Chicago's reservation center. Phone rings)

Hotel reservation operator #1: Hyatt-Chicago, may I help you?

IWC: Can you tell me room availability for SoxFest?

Hotel reservation operator #1: Excuse me, what?

IWC: SoxFest. You know, the Chicago White Sox baseball convention.

HRO1: Could you please hold. (puts IWC on hold) ... Hey Joe, do you know anything about some 'SoxFest' or another?

Joe: What?

HRO1: Some sort of baseball convention?

Joe: The Cubs?

HRO1: No some other team. The Red Sox? I dunno, I think it's a crank call.

HRO2: I think there is another team besides the Cubs. Check with the concierge. (HRO1 calls conceirge desk)

Concierge: Concierge's desk, may I help you?

HRO1: Hi, this is reservations. Can you tell me about some Chicago 'Sox' baseball team.

Concierge: Sure, the Sox. Good seats available. You don't need me.

HRO1: No, no no! I want to know if they exist. Some guy is trying to making reservations for some sort of 'SoxFest.'

Concierge: Yeah, they exist. Nobody besides a bunch of low life goes there though. Make sure you give them a room that faces the garbage loading dock along the back alley.

HRO1: Thanks! (hangs up phone line. Reconnects with IWC)

HRO1: Yes Mr. IWC. We have rooms available. I'll need a $500 security advance to cover liability on the room...

Hangar18
01-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I'm absolutely sure that's the reason! Seriously, though, do not call the 800 number. They won't know what you're talking about. You have to get the package through the Hyatt Regency Chicago at 312-565-0769. If you call during business hours you'll get their reservations desk, and they'll know whay you're talking about.

Yes.....and make sure you tell them you WONT STAY THERE
unless you get the SOXFEST Package. Even if they say they
"dont have anymore" you will Magically get 4 passes. Dont Worry. and yeah, bring $$$$$ there is so much sox paraphernalia to be had there. The "Chicago WhiteSox AL Central Champs 2003" t-shirts will go FAST. So will the
Manuel "7" jerseys

CubKilla
01-12-2004, 02:24 AM
I can't and won't believe that there are more people going to SoxFest '04 than there were that went for SoxFest '03. Impossible.

And if there are, my question is, "Why?"

TommyJohn
01-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I can hear it now...

(inside the Hyatt-Chicago's reservation center. Phone rings)

Hotel reservation operator #1: Hyatt-Chicago, may I help you?

IWC: Can you tell me room availability for SoxFest?

Hotel reservation operator #1: Excuse me, what?

IWC: SoxFest. You know, the Chicago White Sox baseball convention.

HRO1: Could you please hold. (puts IWC on hold) ... Hey Joe, do you know anything about some 'SoxFest' or another?

Joe: What?

HRO1: Some sort of baseball convention?

Joe: The Cubs?

HRO1: No some other team. The Red Sox? I dunno, I think it's a crank call.

HRO2: I think there is another team besides the Cubs. Check with the concierge. (HRO1 calls conceirge desk)

Concierge: Concierge's desk, may I help you?

HRO1: Hi, this is reservations. Can you tell me about some Chicago 'Sox' baseball team.

Concierge: Sure, the Sox. Good seats available. You don't need me.

HRO1: No, no no! I want to know if they exist. Some guy is trying to making reservations for some sort of 'SoxFest.'

Concierge: Yeah, they exist. Nobody besides a bunch of low life goes there though. Make sure you give them a room that faces the garbage loading dock along the back alley.

HRO1: Thanks! (hangs up phone line. Reconnects with IWC)

HRO1: Yes Mr. IWC. We have rooms available. I'll need a $500 security advance to cover liability on the room...


Haunting. Chilling. True-to-life. Two thumbs up.

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I can hear it now...

(inside the Hyatt-Chicago's reservation center. Phone rings)

Hotel reservation operator #1: Hyatt-Chicago, may I help you?

IWC: Can you tell me room availability for SoxFest?

Hotel reservation operator #1: Excuse me, what?

IWC: SoxFest. You know, the Chicago White Sox baseball convention.

HRO1: Could you please hold. (puts IWC on hold) ... Hey Joe, do you know anything about some 'SoxFest' or another?

Joe: What?

HRO1: Some sort of baseball convention?

Joe: The Cubs?

HRO1: No some other team. The Red Sox? I dunno, I think it's a crank call.

HRO2: I think there is another team besides the Cubs. Check with the concierge. (HRO1 calls conceirge desk)

Concierge: Concierge's desk, may I help you?

HRO1: Hi, this is reservations. Can you tell me about some Chicago 'Sox' baseball team.

Concierge: Sure, the Sox. Good seats available. You don't need me.

HRO1: No, no no! I want to know if they exist. Some guy is trying to making reservations for some sort of 'SoxFest.'

Concierge: Yeah, they exist. Nobody besides a bunch of low life goes there though. Make sure you give them a room that faces the garbage loading dock along the back alley.

HRO1: Thanks! (hangs up phone line. Reconnects with IWC)

HRO1: Yes Mr. IWC. We have rooms available. I'll need a $500 security advance to cover liability on the room...

That is pretty much the conversation I had yesterday minus the last line ( I did call the 312 number). I figured the guy that works Sunday may not have a clue (go figure) and will plan on calling today. I can't believe that they have sold out that package. Too many people are saying that they are not going this year. Thanks for the suggestion Hangar, I'll threaten til I get my passes! I need to get there early for my Rios jersey!

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm in. Got the 2-night package! Thanks for all your help, guys.
See you there!

Iwritecode
01-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I can't and won't believe that there are more people going to SoxFest '04 than there were that went for SoxFest '03. Impossible.

And if there are, my question is, "Why?"

I think there are a number of people looking forward to the Q&A sessions. It's not very often you get to ask the Sox brass exactly what they are thinking...

Iwritecode
01-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I need to get there early for my Rios jersey!

I think you forgot the teal...

Originally posted by Palehose13
I'm in. Got the 2-night package! Thanks for all your help, guys.
See you there!

I hope to meet you there.

Palehose13
01-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I think you forgot the teal...
D'OH!

I hope to meet you there.
Likewise

HITMEN OF 77
01-13-2004, 02:08 AM
What's the deal with the book 2 nights and get the private autograph session about? What's this "private session" at Soxfest?

StillMissOzzie
01-13-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
What's the deal with the book 2 nights and get the private autograph session about? What's this "private session" at Soxfest?

I've never done it, but my understanding is that this is more like a closed-session cocktail party thing, but you can get autographs from whoever's there, without the 3 hour wait.

SMO
:gulp:

LauraJ14
01-13-2004, 10:58 AM
I got to do this last year, Paul Konerko and Harold Baines were the 2 signing autographs. It was not a cocktail party event at all. It was in the main room and you got a special pass to get in and they signed autographs.

Iwritecode
01-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
What's the deal with the book 2 nights and get the private autograph session about? What's this "private session" at Soxfest?

IIRC, it was the first 100? people that got the hotel package.

I got the package and never got in last year... :(:

Palehose13
01-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
IIRC, it was the first 100? people that got the hotel package.

I got the package and never got in last year... :(:
It is the first 200 this year. Do they tell you right away when you reserve that you were one of the first 200 or do they tell you when you check in?

Iwritecode
01-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
It is the first 200 this year. Do they tell you right away when you reserve that you were one of the first 200 or do they tell you when you check in?

I think the people last year got something in the mail about a week before the fest.

Foulke You
01-13-2004, 01:04 PM
If you do the 2 day package, what time to they have you check out on Saturday? After the fest closes for the day, I hope? I'd hate to carry around my travel bag for the whole day Saturday because checkout is at 12 Noon.

steff
01-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
If you do the 2 day package, what time to they have you check out on Saturday? After the fest closes for the day, I hope? I'd hate to carry around my travel bag for the whole day Saturday because checkout is at 12 Noon.


Check out would be on Sunday... and I'm pretty sure you can get it extended until 2pm.

Iwritecode
01-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
If you do the 2 day package, what time to they have you check out on Saturday? After the fest closes for the day, I hope? I'd hate to carry around my travel bag for the whole day Saturday because checkout is at 12 Noon.

Actually, it would be Sunday.

Anyway, if you use the valet parking at the hotel, you can just put the stuff in your car before checkout time and then enjoy the rest of the day at the fest.

If you don't have a car there I'm pretty sure they have a place to hold your stuff for a couple of hours that day.

steff
01-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Na, na, na, na, na, naaaa... I beat you IWC... :D:

Iwritecode
01-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by steff
Na, na, na, na, na, naaaa... I beat you IWC... :D:

Dang, I knew I should've typed faster...

Darn job. Always gets in the way of my leisure activities... :smile:

Foulke You
01-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the info Steff and IWC.

BOTH of your info was appreciated. :D:

HITMEN OF 77
01-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Check out is extended til 2pm on Sunday, if you had the 2 day schedule. It get's over at what time on Sunday? Can't wait to get a few dozen White Castle's in me!! :D:

ewokpelts
01-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Check out is extended til 2pm on Sunday, if you had the 2 day schedule. It get's over at what time on Sunday? Can't wait to get a few dozen White Castle's in me!! :D:
soxfest ends at 3pm sunday.....and as for white castle...i hope ur girlfriend dosent have to be near you on the plane ride home...lol
Gene

HITMEN OF 77
01-13-2004, 06:13 PM
She wanted to come so now she has to pay the price. :D:

ewokpelts
01-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
She wanted to come so now she has to pay the price. :D:

try the chicken rings...pretty kickin'...also they sell them in "crave cases"....30 for a special price...
Gene

HITMEN OF 77
01-13-2004, 08:43 PM
30 of the chicken rings and 30 sliders, sounds good to me. Can't wait.