PDA

View Full Version : Anymore news on Konerko/Washburn deal?

ChiSoxJay
01-10-2004, 11:39 PM
Has anyone heard anymore news/rumors concerning the Konerko/Washburn deal? Do you think the signing of Vlad will destroy the possiblility of this happening? Hopefully Williams can find another Loazia before spring training. How about going after Kenny Rogers? I know the Sox pursued him last year without any luck but I think it's worth a shot.

Thanks
ChiSoxJay

:)

MRKARNO
01-10-2004, 11:46 PM
The Angels have denied all reports of trade conversations about Paul Konerko.

Jjav829
01-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxJay
Has anyone heard anymore news/rumors concerning the Konerko/Washburn deal? Do you think the signing of Vlad will destroy the possiblility of this happening? Hopefully Williams can find another Loazia before spring training. How about going after Kenny Rogers? I know the Sox pursued him last year without any luck but I think it's worth a shot.

Thanks
ChiSoxJay

:)

Hey, Welcome Aboard! :D:

I think the Vlad to the Angels news destroys any chance of Konerko being dealt to the Angels. Unless they did it for Erstad. Assuming the Vlad thing becomes official, that would mean Vlad would play right, Guillen would shift to left, and Anderson would play center. That would leave Erstad to play 1st where he'd have a better chance at staying healthy, but his offense would look even worse coming from 1st. I don't see anything happening there.

depy48
01-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Peter Gammons article today reported that the Angels are looking to move Washburn for salary issues. But there wasnt any information about a move for Washburn/Konerko. In fact, with the addition of Vlad, Darrin Erstad is going to play first base for the Angels.

HITMEN OF 77
01-11-2004, 11:43 AM
If there was a Konerko/Washburn deal, it's dead in the water now and won't happen. Thank goodness, Paulie survives another trade rumor!