PDA

View Full Version : I know a lot of you are worried the Frank won't be ready

MaggPipes
09-04-2001, 05:30 PM
at the start of 2002......so if Kenny thinks so, he will retain Royce IMO.....becuase then here is your line-up.....

2b Durham
DH Valentin
RF Ordonez
1b Konerko
LF Lee
CF Borchard
3b Crede
SS Clayton
C Alomar

danman31
09-04-2001, 05:38 PM
I don't think Borchard will be the opening day starter, but I do think he will get some time with the team. Rowand or Singleton is more likely to start the year in CF if they are still with the team. Alomar is most likely out of town, but I could be wrong there. As for Crede, I don't think he will be the opening day starter either, but he should get time on the 25 man roster. On the defensive side I think we are more likely to see Valentin in CF, Borchard in LF, and Lee at DH. Or Borchard in CF and Valentin in LF, either way works for me.

Randar68
09-04-2001, 05:43 PM
I don't think Borchard will be the opening day starter, but I do think he will get some time with the team. Rowand or Singleton is more likely to start the year in CF if they are still with the team. Alomar is most likely out of town, but I could be wrong there. As for Crede, I don't think he will be the opening day starter either, but he should get time on the 25 man roster. On the defensive side I think we are more likely to see Valentin in CF, Borchard in LF, and Lee at DH. Or Borchard in CF and Valentin in LF, either way works for me.

Four Points....

1) IMO, it is clear that it will be both Crede and Borchard's job to lose in spring training next year
2) If Frank is still injured, Borchard will be your opening day starting CF'er with Rowand in Left and Lee at DH...
3) If Royce, Jose, or Ray are traded, Crede will be the everyday starter at 3B, as Perry is not in the plans...
4) The Jose in CF experiment is over, as it's clear that he's most valuable playing everyday and he's not durable enough to handle CF on a daily basis...

just my opinions...

OfficerKarkovice
09-04-2001, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Four Points....

1) IMO, it is clear that it will be both Crede and Borchard's job to lose in spring training next year
2) If Frank is still injured, Borchard will be your opening day starting CF'er with Rowand in Left and Lee at DH...
3) If Royce, Jose, or Ray are traded, Crede will be the everyday starter at 3B, as Perry is not in the plans...
4) The Jose in CF experiment is over, as it's clear that he's most valuable playing everyday and he's not durable enough to handle CF on a daily basis...

just my opinions...

I agree...this looks like a pretty damn good lineup to me:

2b - Ray
ss - Jose
DH - Frank
RF - Maggs
LF - Lee
1B - Pauly
CF - Borchard
3B - Crede
C - Johnson

voodoochile
09-04-2001, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

I agree...this looks like a pretty damn good lineup to me:

2b - Ray
ss - Jose
DH - Frank
RF - Maggs
LF - Lee
1B - Pauly
CF - Borchard
3B - Crede
C - Johnson

Just a thought. maybe they could consider batting Borchard second. He has a decent eye and has a .380 OBP at AA this year. Nothing wrong with some power in the 2 hole and then you can move Valentin to 6th to break up the run of righties... Just a thought...

Randar68
09-04-2001, 06:24 PM
Just a thought. maybe they could consider batting Borchard second. He has a decent eye and has a .380 OBP at AA this year. Nothing wrong with some power in the 2 hole and then you can move Valentin to 6th to break up the run of righties... Just a thought...

Well, Borchard is a switch-hitter, so moving him to #2 does nothing but put more pressure on him. I do like the look of him in the #6 or #7 hole....and you could even perhaps put Carlos in the #7 hole behind Joe until he decides to take a few walks....

voodoochile
09-04-2001, 06:26 PM

Well, Borchard is a switch-hitter, so moving him to #2 does nothing but put more pressure on him. I do like the look of him in the #6 or #7 hole....and you could even perhaps put Carlos in the #7 hole behind Joe until he decides to take a few walks....

All of that and a switch hitter too? WOOOHOOO!!!

i did not know that... Definitely have to bat him no lower than 6th, IMO to break up the string.

longshot7
09-04-2001, 11:00 PM
Sorry guys, Borchard won't be up next year. They don't want to rush him. But Crede's a possibility...

Daver
09-04-2001, 11:04 PM
You are all assuming there will be Baseball next year,and it is looking bleaker as time goes by.
But then again what the hell do I know?

Kilroy
09-05-2001, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by longshot7
Sorry guys, Borchard won't be up next year. They don't want to rush him. But Crede's a possibility...

I agree with that. Borchard won't be up next season unless he really wows them in ST. Besides, I don't have a problem with Rowand taking the job in CF, or even Singleton keeping it, altho I think the latter has next to no chance of happening. I'd be really surprised if Borchard was up and Rowand wasn't the guy in CF to start next season.

Tragg
09-05-2001, 08:10 AM
Most of those scenarios leave us mediocre defensively.
Is Borchard a CF?
If not, can we get one, move him to left and keep AR as OF #4, giving us as strong an outfield contingent as there is?
Need a leadoff man - perhaps via the centerfielder via moving konerko or lee.

mrwag
09-05-2001, 09:07 AM
I think we should also consider keeping Canseco around in case Frank doesn't make it back.

Randar68
09-05-2001, 10:19 AM

Where do you get your info? Just curious, because every indication I have seen is that it'll be his job to lose in ST.....

There is no point in putting Borchard in AAA in a bandbox. He'll put up gawdy numbers, but it'll hurt him coming to Chicago, because he'll end up hitting too many Liefer Fly-balls.....

Soxboyrob
09-05-2001, 01:50 PM

The Jose in CF experiment is over, as it's clear that he's most valuable playing everyday and he's not durable enough to handle CF on a daily basis...

just my opinions...

Well then certainly you must not feel he is durable enough to handle SS? I've played a lot of both and can say w/ confidence that SS took a much bigger toll on my body than CF.

Soxboyrob
09-05-2001, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
I think we should also consider keeping Canseco around in case Frank doesn't make it back.

Amen....so do Farmer, Rooney, Hawk and DJ. And me.

Randar68
09-05-2001, 02:30 PM
Well then certainly you must not feel he is durable enough to handle SS? I've played a lot of both and can say w/ confidence that SS took a much bigger toll on my body than CF

Well, I played a bit, and can attest to overall fatigue being greater at 3B or SS, but we're not talking about chronic groin pulls, we're talking about pulled hammy's.....I don't remember ever seeing a SS pull a hammy in the field, but haveseen numerous players aggravate or suffer such injuries....

If I remember correctly, this is now 2 year in a row Valentin has spent time on the DL with a hammy injury...

Soxboyrob
09-05-2001, 03:14 PM

If I remember correctly, this is now 2 year in a row Valentin has spent time on the DL with a hammy injury...

Ah yes, and how might the problematic hammy effect his range at SS in the future or even right now? He pulled the hammy last year, and it wasn't playing CF. Maybe he's another of these players w/ forged birth records. Is he getting old? Perhaps he's 45 or 46 years old?

Paulwny
09-05-2001, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob

Ah yes, and how might the problematic hammy effect his range at SS in the future or even right now? He pulled the hammy last year, and it wasn't playing CF. Maybe he's another of these players w/ forged birth records. Is he getting old? Perhaps he's 45 or 46 years old?

Careful, I brought up birth records a few weeks ago and someone thought it was a racist post.

Soxboyrob
09-05-2001, 04:20 PM
racist, shmacist.
I don't have a problem at all w/ a foreign born player altering records for the sake of making a life in the MLB. If the guy can play, the guy can play.

Paulwny
09-05-2001, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
racist, shmacist.
I don't have a problem at all w/ a foreign born player altering records for the sake of making a life in the MLB. If the guy can play, the guy can play.

I totally agree with you.