Koch 6.25
Williamson 3.5
Politte 800 K
Ginter 300 K
Wright 300 K
Wunsch 750 K
12.5-14

60.5- 64?
I know Cust comes out of nowhere...but he was moved to both the O's and Rockies for Cheap, and if Baltimore signs Palmiero he has no where to play again....He's a natural DH, might as well shoot for him

And you might still be able to move Koch too...but there wouldn't be a huge need to do it as the payroll is about right

If you deal Koch you could say about 3 million at least, and plow that into a 2B

I don't think we get PK for Washburn straight up...probably have to put a prospect in(Which I would do in a heartbeat)..Frankly I'd do PK for Ortiz or PK for Perez too....I'd do PK for Weaver too(but there LA would have to put serious dollars in the deal)

JRIG
01-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
How good would this look?

C- Olivo/Alomar 1
1B - Thomas 6
2b- Harris/Uribe 1
SS- Nomar 12
3b- Crede 300K
OF-Lee 6
OF-Payton 2.5
OF-Nixon 6
DH-Borchard/Reed/Jack Cust? 300K

Buerhle 3.5
Loiaza 4.5
Washburn 6.5
Garland 2.0
Minor Leaguer/Schoenweiss 300 K or 1.5
13-14.5

Marte 500K
Koch 6.25
Williamson 3.5
Politte 800 K
Ginter 300 K
Wright 300 K
Wunsch 750 K
12.5-14

60.5- 64?
I know Cust comes out of nowhere...but he was moved to both the O's and Rockies for Cheap, and if Baltimore signs Palmiero he has no where to play again....He's a natural DH, might as well shoot for him

And you might still be able to move Koch too...but there wouldn't be a huge need to do it as the payroll is about right

If you deal Koch you could say about 3 million at least, and plow that into a 2B

I don't think we get PK for Washburn straight up...probably have to put a prospect in(Which I would do in a heartbeat)..Frankly I'd do PK for Ortiz or PK for Perez too....I'd do PK for Weaver too(but there LA would have to put serious dollars in the deal)

Aquiring Jack Cust is something that would be way too smart for this organization to do. As you said, he must DH.

And I wouldn't imagine we'd go with a 7-man bullpen.

Jjav829
01-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
How good would this look?

A lot better than what we have now. I like the Cust idea as well. I believe that he is out of options, and depending on what moves the Orioles make, they may have no place to put him so he might be had cheaply. If Konerko is gone, KW ought to look into Cust. Of course like JRIG said, that would be such a smart move so don't look for it to happen. KW would probably choose to go after Wil Cordero or some crap instead.

MRKARNO
01-10-2004, 05:46 PM
All I know about Jack CUst is that he fell down while running the bases this year in a rundown play I think

Jjav829
01-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
All I know about Jack CUst is that he fell down while running the bases this year in a rundown play I think

Yeah, there was no one covering home and all he had to do was keep his feet and he would have scored to tie the game. But he tripped, fell, and was tagged out from behind to end the game. You had to feel sorry for him on that play. He's not a great baserunner but he's a patient with with some pop in his bat. The fact that he is a lefty would be an added bonus.

RichH55
01-12-2004, 08:30 AM
Moves:

Deal for Keith Ginter(thanks for Jeremy for re-awakening that idea)
Deal for Jack Cust
Red Sox Rumor Du Jour: Damon(assumes no PK), Willamson, Nomar (Cotts, Mags, and Valentin are no mas)
PK for a SP (Perez? Ortiz? Washburn??, Weaver and cash???)
Sign Jay Payton
Deal Koch(probably not for much in return...maybe a minor league arm that you send to Milwaukee in a Ginter deal, or the guy to deal for Cust)

C- Olivo/Alomar
1B - Thomas
2B - Ginter
SS - Nomar (Uribe and Harris in reserve)
3B - Crede
OF- Lee
OF- Damon
OF - Payton
DH- Reed/Borchard

Is Wooten still on the market? If he is --> Sign Him Up

jshanahanjr
01-12-2004, 03:34 PM
That lineup would have it's hands full with the Marist girls softball team.

jeremyb1
01-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Aquiring Jack Cust is something that would be way too smart for this organization to do. As you said, he must DH.

And I wouldn't imagine we'd go with a 7-man bullpen.

I grow increasingly frustrated that our organization never seems to have the ability to make smart, thrifty, seemingly minor moves that yield big results. Most of the good, smaller moves we have seem to be based on scouting (Loaiza, Marte, etc.) as opposed to simply acquiring undervalued players that more than get the job done (Matt Stairs, Kevin Millar, Frank Catalanotto, etc.).