PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to?

Fenway
01-09-2004, 07:26 PM
As someone who spend a lot of nights at Comiskey in the 80's, whatever happened to

Andy the Clown

and

Rubbarb and Ribbi???
(did you guys murder them?)

:R&R

munchman33
01-09-2004, 07:33 PM
I don't know what happened to Andy, but I do know he was asked to no longer come when the new ballpark was built.

MarkV
01-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by fenway
As someone who spend a lot of nights at Comiskey in the 80's, whatever happened to

Andy the Clown

and

Rubbarb and Ribbi???
(did you guys murder them?)

:R&R

Word on the street is that White Sox security beat Andy to death and Ribbie and Rhubarb died of Mascot Cancer.

HITMEN OF 77
01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I have a program somewhere sign by "Andy the Clown", need to dig that one out.

bennyw41
01-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Didn't andy the clown get "banned" from the new comiskey? Also, i thought he was on charges for molestation. He once asked me for a dollar to take his business card...it was a signed polaroid of him. Quite strange.

HITMEN OF 77
01-09-2004, 09:41 PM
It's been a while now, but there was a post about this and a lot of responses and stories if I remember right. Go back and look thorugh the older post to see it.

CubKilla
01-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by fenway

Andy the Clown

I think he died a few years ago.

TornLabrum
01-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I think he died a few years ago.

He did. His son can be heard in the stands at Philip Elfstron Stadium in Geneva. He inherited the old man's leather lungs.

cubhater
01-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
I don't know what happened to Andy, but I do know he was asked to no longer come when the new ballpark was built.

Andy passed away a few years ago. JR banned him at the new ballpark if he wore the clown suit. Just one more way JR tries to alienate Sox fans from their past before his regime He still showed up but only wore his red hat. I still have a picture of him and me outiside the real Comiskey during it's final week in 1990. RIP Andy.

Hangar18
01-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by cubhater
Andy passed away a few years ago. JR banned him at the new ballpark if he wore the clown suit. Just one more way JR tries to alienate Sox fans from their past before his regime He still showed up but only wore his red hat. I still have a picture of him and me outiside the real Comiskey during it's final week in 1990. RIP Andy.

Warts and all, Andy made himself part of Comiskey folklore, RIP Andy. If JR wouldve bought the Cubs instead, the Ivy wouldve been ripped off in favor of Advertising, Screens put up so that the "criminals" (in jerrys words) wouldnt rip him off anymore with free views of the game, and this BUFFOON wouldve been banned also ..........

:woo-woo

Who Me? I wanted Jerry WOO reinsdorf WOO, to buy WOO,
the Cubbies WOO, So WOO, We could have WOO, 1/2 price WOO, nites WOO also WOO, and Destroy WOO, our FanBase WOOO, from within WOOO. Anyone WOO, got a dollar WOO

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-10-2004, 09:34 AM
He gone!
Died a few years back. His nephew also uses the same day care where my daughters go. He struck up a conversation with me because he always saw me wearing White Sox stuff.
He didn't know much about the story of Andy being banned from the new park. He thought his Uncle was upset about the old park being torn down and didn't want to go to the new park.

PINWHEELS
01-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Warts and all, Andy made himself part of Comiskey folklore, RIP Andy. If JR wouldve bought the Cubs instead, the Ivy wouldve been ripped off in favor of Advertising, Screens put up so that the "criminals" (in jerrys words) wouldnt rip him off anymore with free views of the game, and this BUFFOON wouldve been banned also ..........

the Cubbies WOO, So WOO, We could have WOO, 1/2 price WOO, nites WOO also WOO, and Destroy WOO, our FanBase WOOO, from within WOOO. Anyone WOO, got a dollar WOO

Sounds like a DR. SUESS Story!

Medford Bobby
01-10-2004, 12:22 PM
I have some video of Andy at my final game at Old Comiskey, explaning how he got a few dollars from the Sox and the rest of his income was donations for his photos. I remember first meeting Andy outside the park at a Jane Byrne ralley for Mayor. Ah, the good ole dayz............

:reinsy " If Andy would have washed that costume once in a while we might have let him in the new park.....but our research showed most fans were allergic to him"

Lip Man 1
01-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Andy was banned by the Sox from appearing at the park in his clown suit. In fact the first story Paul Sullivan (Sully to his WSI friends) ever did as the Sox beat writer back in the mid 90's was on this very subject.

Sully says that in his WSI Interview.

Lip

ewokpelts
01-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

he also would have moved to addison