PDA

View Full Version : Cubs World Series or Jerry


Dadawg_77
01-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Just a question since it is a boring day on hot stove.

If God cam down to you and gave you these two option, which one would you take.

"The Cubs will win the World Series this year. But the Jerry Reinsdorf will sell the White Sox to Mark Cuban (or some like him)." or "Sammy Sosa will drop a ball on his head in the NLCS allowing Giants to beat the Cubs in game seven at Wrigley. Jerry passes the team to his son, who will run the White Sox in the same manner for at least the next 20years."

CHISOXFAN13
01-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Just a question since it is a boring day on hot stove.

If God cam down to you and gave you these two option, which one would you take.

"The Cubs will win the World Series this year. But the Jerry Reinsdorf will sell the White Sox to Mark Cuban (or some like him)." or "Sammy Sosa will drop a ball on his head in the NLCS allowing Giants to beat the Cubs in game seven at Wrigley. Jerry passes the team to his son, who will run the White Sox in the same manner for at least the next 20years."

I want nothing more than to see a WS win for the White Sox in my lifetime. If that takes seeing the Cubs do it first, so be it. I just want one!

depy48
01-09-2004, 11:03 AM
there's no gurantee that cuban's whitesox would be successful, and there's also hope in the reinsdorf family, So i would definatly pick to have the ball hit sosa's gigaqntic steroid induced head, because, frankly, i hate sosa more than any man, woman, child, or animal alive. Nothing would make me happier, minus a whitesox pennant, than to see sosa again make a fool of himself.

bennyw41
01-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Nothing is worth seeing the cubs succeed. This is a horrible question. I mean, just getting rid of JR doesn't guarantee anything.

Dadawg_77
01-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Nothing is worth seeing the cubs succeed. This is a horrible question. I mean, just getting rid of JR doesn't guarantee anything.

No it doesn't but it can go to answer how much people dislike Jerry as the owner of the White Sox.

voodoochile
01-09-2004, 11:14 AM
I have never given a crap about what the flubbies do.

:selljerry

I hope that makes it clear how I feel...

Baby Fisk
01-09-2004, 11:24 AM
There's no way to condone letting the Flubs win. This guarantees nothing for the Sox.

CHISOXFAN13
01-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
There's no way to condone letting the Flubs win. This guarantees nothing for the Sox.

It guarantees that an owner, who has handcuffed this team with a 58 million dollar payroll, is gone.

Maximo
01-09-2004, 11:32 AM
For one heckuva long time now, my interest in the National Past time has been reduced to becoming a Cub hater. However, if it means that once and for all, this current Sox ownership will be gone.......then let the Cubs have one. ONE and ONLY ONE !!!!

I realize a change in ownership does not guarantee success, but at least it won't be more of the same crap we've been used to all these years.

Besides, I have faith that even when the Cubs win, Sammy will do something stupid and/or illegal that will give us the ammo to stick it to Cub fans for another hundred years.

ode to veeck
01-09-2004, 11:37 AM
how do you pick the lessor of two apocolypses? the world is over in both cases as we know it and the nuclear winter has set it ...

ma_deuce
01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
"Sammy Sosa will drop a ball on his head in the NLCS allowing Giants to beat the Cubs in game seven at Wrigley. Jerry passes the team to his son, who will run the White Sox in the same manner for at least the next 20 years."

I'll take it!

I want to see Jerry go as much as the next White Sox fan, but not at the cost of the Scrubs getting the WS pennant. Never, no way, no how.

Deuce

CHISOXFAN13
01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ma_deuce
I'll take it!

I want to see Jerry go as much as the next White Sox fan, but not at the cost of the Scrubs getting the WS pennant. Never, no way, no how.

Deuce

Then I gfuess you like mediocrity and being cheap. Stellar!

Hangar18
01-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by depy48
there's no gurantee that cuban's whitesox would be successful


They would DEFINITELY be successful. Cuban would come out and say He Wants To Win......then back up his statements. Cuban would So Energize the WhiteSox FanBase, I could bet that Season Ticket Sales would immediately Increase 200%.
The PR for a Cuban owned White Sox team would be so happy and easy to sell. These 2 facts would ALONE make the SOX Successful. A peaceful, winning attitude would Immediately
increase Attendance in our Park, and instead of an Exodus
of our own Players, and looking for Cheap Ways to fill positions, we would be Filling our Holes on a Yearly Basis, being Perennial Contenders in a division that should be ours every year. Instead of setting up a Team to Win your division, We would be Setting up our team against the big guns in the AL, the New Yorks, Seattles, Bostons of our league. No more letting windows of Opportunity shut on us, hopeful that SHeer Luck
will one day Knock on our Door (been waiting 22 years so far...)
We wont Wait for Luck/Opportunity to knock on our door.....
WE WILL KICK IT IN THIS TIME .......... the fans attitude will Flourish and Excel under this new Regime. Sox Fans will beget More Sox Fans will beget more Sox Fans. Camelot will indeed be Here, not on the east coast, not 8miles north, not anywhere else ...................But Here. Let JR pass on from old age, a bitter old man with No World Series to boast of..... A new day
could be in our future. But will it be too late?

Northside fan
01-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
They would DEFINITELY be successful. Cuban would come out and say He Wants To Win......then back up his statements. Cuban would So Energize the WhiteSox FanBase, I could bet that Season Ticket Sales would immediately Increase 200%.
The PR for a Cuban owned White Sox team would be so happy and easy to sell. These 2 facts would ALONE make the SOX Successful. A peaceful, winning attitude would Immediately
increase Attendance in our Park, and instead of an Exodus
of our own Players, and looking for Cheap Ways to fill positions, we would be Filling our Holes on a Yearly Basis, being Perennial Contenders in a division that should be ours every year. Instead of setting up a Team to Win your division, We would be Setting up our team against the big guns in the AL, the New Yorks, Seattles, Bostons of our league. No more letting windows of Opportunity shut on us, hopeful that SHeer Luck
will one day Knock on our Door (been waiting 22 years so far...)
We wont Wait for Luck/Opportunity to knock on our door.....
WE WILL KICK IT IN THIS TIME .......... the fans attitude will Flourish and Excel under this new Regime. Sox Fans will beget More Sox Fans will beget more Sox Fans. Camelot will indeed be Here, not on the east coast, not 8miles north, not anywhere else ...................But Here. Let JR pass on from old age, a bitter old man with No World Series to boast of..... A new day
could be in our future. But will it be too late?


Hangar, you're really dreaming man. Reinsdorf has his paws on the Sox at least through 2020.

Hangar18
01-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Northside fan
Hangar, you're really dreaming man. Reinsdorf has his paws on the Sox at least through 2020.

Man...that would make him well into his 80's, running this team....
theres no way....either by 2010, when were in The Kids Can Play pt 6, or he retires to enjoy his final years....he wont be here in 2020

Northside fan
01-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Man...that would make him well into his 80's, running this team....
theres no way....either by 2010, when were in The Kids Can Play pt 6, or he retires to enjoy his final years....he wont be here in 2020

Sorry, but he is not going to leave for a long while. From what I understand, he is fleecing you guys from the deal he has with the state regarding attendance at the cell. There is NO REASON for him to leave. His pockets are being lined and he is taking it to the bank. Am I off base on this?

SSN721
01-09-2004, 01:18 PM
I would absolutely sit through the Cubs winning the Series if it meant we could get rid of JR and inject a new lifeblood into the lethargic White Sox. I completely agree that the change in PR and energy that Cuban would bring to the organization, he will endear himself to the fans and the city and he seems like the kind of guy that would wage an all out war with his competitors. I would love to see Cuban take on the Trib in a PR war. I think in short time it could become as nationally renowned as the whole "Red Sox/Yankees" war. I just think it would galvanize current fans and attract many more casual fans. I would pay the price of seeing my source of hatred in baseball winning just one WS, only if it is one though. :D:

Jjav829
01-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Number one. Easily. I'm a Sox fan first, a Cub hater second. I want whatever is best for the Sox regardless of what it means for the Cubs. Les will have fun with this one...

miker
01-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Is death an option?

maurice
01-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Cuban would be much better than JR, but the Mavs haven't done jack. They keep adding finese players when they need big goons in the paint.

Dadawg_77
01-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by miker
Is death an option?


Remember Death is not an option.

bobj4400
01-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Cuban would be much better than JR, but the Mavs haven't done jack. They keep adding finese players when they need big goons in the paint.

The Mavs play in the West with the 6 best teams in the NBA...here he would be competing with the worst division in baseball.

SSN721
01-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
The Mavs play in the West with the 6 best teams in the NBA...here he would be competing with the worst division in baseball.

Good point, plus the fact look what he has done with the franchise itself. The Mavs used to be a joke of a franchise and he managed to pull them out of that rut and make them contenders every single year.

maurice
01-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
The Mavs play in the West with the 6 best teams in the NBA...here he would be competing with the worst division in baseball.

The objective is not to create a team that's among the six best in the league. (Even JR does that from time to time.) Sox fans wouldn't be happy just making the playoffs after the cubs won the World Series. The objective would be to match and then exceed the number of cubs' championship, a very difficult thing to do (in MLB or the NBA). Anything less would be a pretty crappy tradeoff. Rich ownership doesn't ensure anything.

StillMissOzzie
01-09-2004, 11:00 PM
The God I believe in would never be so cruel as to force me to make this choice, but since it's YOUR God we're talking about here... I'd still have to go with more JR. As miserable as I felt last season, I just don't think I could stomach the Scrubs winning it all. And with all the bold moves made by KW so far this year, we just may see it happen anyhow. Yuccch!


SMO
:angry:

hose
01-10-2004, 12:07 AM
BTW what is Jerry's kids name ?

Les ?
George ?
Stu ?
Jerry ?
Leo ?
Irv ?
Seth ?
Marv ?
Myron ?

red faber
01-10-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Just a question since it is a boring day on hot stove.

If God cam down to you and gave you these two option, which one would you take.

"The Cubs will win the World Series this year. But the Jerry Reinsdorf will sell the White Sox to Mark Cuban (or some like him)." or "Sammy Sosa will drop a ball on his head in the NLCS allowing Giants to beat the Cubs in game seven at Wrigley. Jerry passes the team to his son, who will run the White Sox in the same manner for at least the next 20years."


i would love to see reinsdork gone,but not at the expense of the cubs winning a championship!!!!!!!!!!!

miker
01-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Remember Death is not an option.
Can we punt?

Hangar18
01-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by red faber
i would love to see reinsdork gone,but not at the expense of the cubs winning a championship!!!!!!!!!!!

When you really think about it, I mean Really think about this Scenario, the SOX Organization & its Loyal FanBase are behind the 8-Ball. We "escaped" thanks to the curse. This particular curse may last 100 yrs, or 150 yrs. One way or the other though, that Franchise is Hugely Successful, at the SOX expense, thanks to the Media and some blind luck. Things have Deteriorated so seriously, that A Cub World Series appearance would be the Death Knell for this Franchise. Yeah, jerry laughs and scoffs at this remark like the Foolish Old Man who Ignored Noah's Pleas to Join him in his Ark. But the Fact is,
the Buffoons who run this team let us Get to This Point. The point where Our FUTURE IS NO LONGER in ourHands......
Ive already Made Alternate Plans on Life Without the WhiteSox.
Sadly, In my Lifetime, Ive had to deal with this Scenario (the team not being here Physically & now Spiritually) in 75, 81 and
then in 88 when they almost left. Who knows, Maybe we shouldve Told them to go ahead and play in that terrible Dome in Tampa. With an Empty void AL wise in Chicago, Maybe that Jerry Colangelo guy sees a Perfect Business Opportunity to Bring Excitement Back to Chicago, and being formerly from Chicago, and willing to Spend, the FanBase Embraces him wholeheartedly.
Maybe, the Commissioner tells JR he can move, but leave the Name WhiteSox here, and JR's DevilRays lanquish while the Colangelo Run WhiteSOX are making their 1st and even 2nd World Series Appearances since 1959 .................Oh what couldve been ............

voodoochile
01-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by hose
BTW what is Jerry's kids name ?

Les ?
George ?
Stu ?
Jerry ?
Leo ?
Irv ?
Seth ?
Marv ?
Myron ?

You left off Moe, Curly, Larry and Shemp...