PDA

View Full Version : Ponson

Soxdude
01-09-2004, 07:14 AM
News (http://www.rotoworld.com/display1.asp?sport=MLB&page=players&x=5984&y=0)

T-Bag
01-09-2004, 07:19 AM
$7 mil a year for a guy w/ possible shoulder problems, no thank you.

SSN721
01-09-2004, 08:25 AM
I think paying him anymore then 3-5 mil would be a huge mistake, its like what we all complain about Konerko, paying long-term big contracts to players that show half a seasons worth of good performance. If the O's spend 7 mil a year on him it is their problem, I dont think he is worth that. Would prefer a pitcher more consistent and less injury prone.

CubKilla
01-09-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I think paying him anymore then 3-5 mil would be a huge mistake, its like what we all complain about Konerko, paying long-term big contracts to players that show half a seasons worth of good performance. If the O's spend 7 mil a year on him it is their problem, I dont think he is worth that. Would prefer a pitcher more consistent and less injury prone.

It's been reported since the season ended that Ponson would be looking for $6-$7 million per. Anyone entertaining the thought that JR would pay that type of money for a SP without dealing one or two of the teams higher paid players was strictly pipedream

CHISOXFAN13
01-09-2004, 11:18 AM
The Orioles are going to get themselves into trouble again. The last time they shelled out all this money to free agents it blew up in their faces. I see a similar result coming.

KingXerxes
01-09-2004, 11:26 AM
If they sign Ponson at $7mm per year they are crazy. Not only does this guy have potential arm problems, he looks like the body type that could put on 50 lbs. overnight.

KW if you''re reading this out there - stay away from Ponson and Weaver.

TheRockinMT
01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
The story does show how crazy some teams can be in this free agent market. Looking at Ponson you see someone with some potential, maybe an innings eater if he stays healthy but he is prone to injuries, however last year was the first year he has done better than .500 winning %. 17 games last year is his highest and now they are talking $7M a year. Ridiculous...