PDA

View Full Version : Chris Singelton


tanko
01-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Would be a nice backup outfielder .

Daver
01-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by tanko
Would be a nice backup outfielder .


So would Aaron Rowand.

HITMEN OF 77
01-09-2004, 12:46 AM
Is he available? I wouldn't mind seeing him out CF in stead of Rowand.

munchman33
01-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
Is he available? I wouldn't mind seeing him out CF in stead of Rowand.

I agree. He'd be a better option in the two-hole than Rowand, given his speed and ability to hit the fastball when he knows its coming.

Given his struggles against lefties, he and Rowand could become a nice platoon.

petekat
01-09-2004, 02:13 AM
he was also a great clubhouse leader (ordained minister, he held the team together during the spooky 9/11 trip to Manhattan). then again many of his 2000 pals are gone....

Brian26
01-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Would love to see him back as a back-up outfielder as well.

Tragg
01-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by tanko
Would be a nice backup outfielder .

We have a backup outfielder-we need a starting outfielder.

We still have Lee, Maggs and Thomas- if KW would get a couple of guys who can walk, get on base and work the bat, we could have an awesome offense

fledgedrallycap
01-09-2004, 09:20 AM
He is available and is recieving interest from the Angels:

http://www.rotoworld.com/display1.asp?sport=MLB&page=news&date=1/8/2004

"The Angels are considering signing Chris Singleton to help out their bench.
Maybe the Angels have soured on Chone Figgins more than they've let on. They hardly need another outfielder if they plan to keep Figgins and Jeff DaVanon, both of whom can play center"

Wasn't Big Frank good friends with Chris?

Palehose13
01-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
I agree. He'd be a better option in the two-hole than Rowand, given his speed and ability to hit the fastball when he knows its coming.

Given his struggles against lefties, he and Rowand could become a nice platoon.

I like this idea.

dooda
01-09-2004, 09:24 AM
The Singleton-Rowand tandem would be an acceptible platoon in center field. Not as good an option as a Mike Cameron option, but he's gone and who else is there of that caliber? And where is the money coming from for a bonafide MLB center fielder anyway?

Unless a CF is part of a Maggs or Konerko deal instead of or in addition to the pitching help we need also.

HITMEN OF 77
01-09-2004, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tragg
[B]We have a backup outfielder-we need a starting outfielder.

LOL.... :smile: He would probably be cheap too, we should look into that option.

KingXerxes
01-09-2004, 11:38 AM
I don't mind Rowand, but I wouldn't mind seeing Singleton in center either. I can't believe you'd have to pay too much either. This guy would be a good pick-up.

Randar68
01-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
I don't mind Rowand, but I wouldn't mind seeing Singleton in center either. I can't believe you'd have to pay too much either. This guy would be a good pick-up.

Agreed, he's not going to be worse than what you can expect out of Rowand offensively, and his defense is magnitudes better. We need someone with range between Lee and Maggs, another reason Rowand has got to be the 4th OF'er, not starting CF'er...

depy48
01-09-2004, 12:43 PM
i wouldnt mind seeing singleton back on the roster. only if it doesnt cost all that much...

hftrex
01-09-2004, 01:16 PM
If we can get Singleton for $1 Mil or less, then let's get him. Otherwise, forget it.

munchman33
01-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by hftrex
If we can get Singleton for $1 Mil or less, then let's get him. Otherwise, forget it.

Yeah, I think that's about all I would spend on him too.