PDA

View Full Version : Damian Moss

lowesox
01-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Anybody know how much he'd cost? He's the kind of guy the Sox should look at.

depy48
01-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Baltimore paid him $1.5million last season. I like Moss, i liked him when he came up in Atlanta. I think Atlanta is also bidding for him.

tanko
01-08-2004, 09:14 PM
i'd love this signing I posted this before perfect I think

munchman33
01-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I think he'd be the perfect 5th starter candadite, but not fourth. Too risky.

kittle42
01-09-2004, 12:09 AM
The fact that we all think he'd be OK means he'll sign with KC tomorrow.

Brian26
01-09-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm surprised nobody has signed him yet too. He looked really good when he came up with the Braves. Would love to see the Sox go after this kid.

depy48
01-09-2004, 01:48 PM
the more i research him, the more i find him interesting. he really would give quality starts...if ponson isnt in the mix, then i think damian moss is a less expensive replacement. if he anyway can help the rotatiion the sox shouldnt hesitate much longer, and make a push...

rmusacch
01-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by depy48
Baltimore paid him $1.5million last season. I like Moss, i liked him when he came up in Atlanta. I think Atlanta is also bidding for him.

Did he go the Orioles in the Ponson trade?

mdep524
01-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised Moss is still out there. I think he has a higher upside than most of the yips (Jose Lima, Shawn Estes, Glendon Rusch, etc.) still availible. I'd take him for a number 5 for sure.

Also, I was thinking earlier today about another availible pitcher that you don't hear anything about. He's not a FA, but he can be had for virtually nothing: Kris Benson.

The Pirates want nothing to do with this guy, and he's had a rough go of it lately. But for some reason I've always thought the guy has potential. If he can stay healthy, maybe a change of sceneny would be all that he needs. The Pirates tried desperately to give him away down the stretch last year, but he was injured and there were no takers. I imagine we could get him very cheap, maybe for a minor leaguer or two, and maybe we could get the Pirates to eat some of his $4 million salary. I still kind of like this guy, and I think he could make a good #4 or #5, possibly even better with all the potential he had. What do you guys think?

depy48
01-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Did he go the Orioles in the Ponson trade?

yeah he did

i like mdep is right, benson really could be a threat. especially since he might have the "cross over effect" where no one in the american league has faced him on a consistent basis. this is the same effect we hoped todd ritchie (another ex pirate pitcher) would have. if he's cheap enough, why not send another whitesox pitcher over there for him.