PDA

View Full Version : Money issues

T-Bag
01-08-2004, 06:12 PM
OK I am sure I am missing something but.......If we are right at or over budget what happened to the millions we were paying Colon? We have only lost players (Colon and Gordon plus all the added $ in Everett/Alomar/Sullivan etc). So is it all in the extension of Buehrle and Valentin????? I just don't quite follow why in the hell we have no money to go out and sign anyone???

I did not check and numbers but how in the hell can a team only lose players which would free up money but yet has no money to sign free agents???? I just don't get it.......

Frustrated T-Bag :?: :?: :?: :?:

MisterB
01-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by T-Bag
OK I am sure I am missing something but.......If we are right at or over budget what happened to the millions we were paying Colon? We have only lost players (Colon and Gordon plus all the added $ in Everett/Alomar/Sullivan etc). So is it all in the extension of Buehrle and Valentin????? I just don't quite follow why in the hell we have no money to go out and sign anyone???

I did not check and numbers but how in the hell can a team only lose players which would free up money but yet has no money to sign free agents???? I just don't get it.......

Frustrated T-Bag :?: :?: :?: :?:

Colon made $8.25M last year.

Ordonez, Koch and Konerko combined are making $8.75M more than they did last year.

Everett, Robbie Alomar and Sullivan had their contracts paid by their previous teams.

Lee, Thomas, Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland and Wunsch have all gotten raises also (to the tune of about $12M combined).

T-Bag
01-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Gotcha, thanks for the info.

A. Cavatica
01-08-2004, 06:48 PM
And I believe the $58m budget is LESS than last year's.

MisterB
01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

Actually it's about $6M more than last year.

Rex Hudler
01-09-2004, 12:26 AM

Actually it's about $6M more than last year.

Correct, the Sox final budget for 2003 was $51 million and change.

T-Bag
01-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Ordonez, Koch and Konerko combined are making $8.75M more than they did last year.

So let me get this straight, Koch and Konerko got a raise!! Damn my butt would have been fired if I performed like that in my job!!

anewman35
01-09-2004, 07:22 AM

Nope. But people here would have you believe he's drastically slashing the budget. Funny, eh?

jabrch
01-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by T-Bag
So let me get this straight, Koch and Konerko got a raise!! Damn my butt would have been fired if I performed like that in my job!!

Not if you had a guaranteed contract...