PDA

View Full Version : Hmm...

RKMeibalane
01-07-2004, 08:15 PM
All of this talk about the Hall of Fame had me thinking about the future, specifically, whenever Frank Thomas is inducted. This is sure to be a great day for White Sox fans everywhere, as the man who is arguably the greatest player in the history of the franchise will take his place amongst the immortals of Major League Baseball.

But what I will be interested in hearing is his induction speech. With everything that has happened in his career, what do you suppose the Big Hurt will say when he's up there behind the microphone? His father was an important influence in his life. I would imagine that he would talk about him. But what else would he say? Will he talk about the rivalry between the Sox and the Cubs? Will he say anything about what it was like to play for Jerry Reinsdorf?

MRKARNO
01-07-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm not 100% certain that he'd get in. He definately should, but the question is whether or not the 75% of the writers think so. I'm not so sure, but there's no question that he should be in it.

pearso66
01-07-2004, 08:32 PM
I think he'll get in, especially if he puts up the 40+ homers he did last season, and gets back to maybe a .280 avg and 100 RBI's for 2 more seasons. That being said, I don't know if he'll be a 1st ballot HOF, but he'll get in one way or another.