PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting news

KempersRS
09-04-2001, 10:46 AM
The following is from the official Sox site:
Baines report: Harold Baines went 0-for-4 in Class AAA Charlotte's 5-2 loss to Durham on Sunday and 0-for-4 in Monday's 3-2 extra-inning victory. Baines has been on the 15-day disabled list since June 14 with a strained left hip flexor.
"He swung the bat pretty good," White Sox Manager Jerry Manuel said. "He hit a couple balls pretty well."

There is something that will make you rest easier at night. Yeah, and Kenny Williams is a "pretty good" GM too.

False alarm: Don't fret, Rocky Biddle will be OK. Sunday's starting pitcher was removed from the game in the sixth inning after complaining of discomfort in his right shoulder. The 25-year-old hurler departed after allowing seven runs -- five earned -- with stiffness in his throwing shoulder. "It is real stiff right now," Biddle said Sunday. "Hopefully, with some medication I will feel better. It probably was from all the sitting I was doing in-between innings." Biddle tested his shoulder before Monday's game and didn't report any pain while playing catch. "He won't miss a start," Manuel said. "He should be fine."

......no comment.

Crede returns: Top prospect Joe Crede returned to the White Sox prior to Monday's game against the Indians. Crede, 23, batted .276 with 17 home runs and 65 RBIs in 124 games with the Knights. The right-handed batter collected 52 extra-base hits, including 34 doubles, and posted a .349 on-base percentage. He ranked fifth in the International League in extra-base hits and his 34 doubles tied the slugger for third at the time of his promotion. "He will probably play sparingly, unless we see something or we completely fall out of (the playoff race)," Manuel said. "His last (AAA) game was today."

Well, we ARE out of the playoff race and I am sure we will hardly see him. Even if we were in the race, is Crede really a downgrade at third right now? Herbert isn't exactly crushing the ball and god knows Crede can use a glove better than Perry or Manos. He should play Vs a few righties and start every game against lefties.
-PS, new sig.