PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

Dadawg_77
01-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Looking at the number of season ticket holders who will not renew on this site, thought this could be interesting.

In 1997 the Sox averaged 23,022 per game after the White Flag trade they averaged 16,965 for a delta of 6057. Last year the Sox averaged 23,945 up about 15% form 2002. Will the Sox experience another huge falls this year if the team struggles.

Tekijawa
01-07-2004, 04:23 PM
I'm assuming that many of the people that bougt the tickets just to go to the All star game last year won't be renewing either... it could be a HUGE drop off! I hope they know what they are doing!

VeeckAsInWreck
01-07-2004, 04:26 PM
I am not renewing my season tickets this year. Not because I am not happy with the ballclub but because I can't afford it. It is difficult to pay the salaries of millionaires when you are a broke college student. :?:

If I am lucky, I will attend a game or two next season.

hold2dibber
01-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I hope they know what they are doing!

That should have been in deeppink.

Hangar18
01-07-2004, 05:00 PM
My Cousin has informed me hes giving the SOX til SOXFEST
to make a move worthy of his attendance, or he wont be
splitting with me. Im really in the middle on this, Im pissed
this Organization feels OK to take a Step Backwards every couple years, and treat its Fans like this. I want to just outright
buy the tix myself, but theyre not making me pull out my
checkbook. I feel CHEATED by this team ........as usual.

HITMEN OF 77
01-07-2004, 05:04 PM
What is the going price for season ticket anyway, box seats that is? Then I'm sure they charge for a parking pass too.

steff
01-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
splitting with me. Im really in the middle on this, Im pissed
this Organization feels OK to take a Step Backwards every couple years, and treat its Fans like this. I want to just outright
buy the tix myself, but theyre not making me pull out my
checkbook. I feel CHEATED by this team ........as usual.

$ is due BY 2/2 Henry.... Will you buy them anyway and if he wants in he'll pay you back? Not a lot of time.. and if you don't renew (you have 27 game package right?) you can't get the same package I don't think..

WhiteSoxWinner
01-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
splitting with me.

Then you're in luck, Hangar. Just tell him about the Cliff Politte signing, and I am sure that he will be jumping at the chance to re-up the tickets with you.

Seriously, I feel just as crappy as you. I moved to take a larger portion of season tickets in November, and this is what I have to look forward to? Yuck.

steff
01-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
I moved to take a larger portion of season tickets in November, and this is what I have to look forward to? Yuck.

Jim and I were offered a larger cut of a friends LF seats (first row next to the Sox BP).. and I think we are going to take them. We got 6 games last year and I'm pretty sure we'll do 10 or 15 this year.. that will put us at 42 games that year without including any of the other events/games we go to at Comiskey.. :o:

Tekijawa
01-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Question... I've been thinking about getting Partial Season Tix for 2 years now, I'm getting Married this year so that's out of the question and I'll probably have to cut back the number of games I go to on top of it, but what are all the "fringe benifits" that they have advertised with them... is there anything worth going to or getting?

Dadawg_77
01-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Question... I've been thinking about getting Partial Season Tix for 2 years now, I'm getting Married this year so that's out of the question and I'll probably have to cut back the number of games I go to on top of it, but what are all the "fringe benifits" that they have advertised with them... is there anything worth going to or getting?

No, the deals are nice but not worth it if that is a main factor in buying tickets.

Tekijawa
01-07-2004, 05:51 PM
No, it wouldn't be the main factor, I was just wondering what some examples of past ones were?

Dadawg_77
01-07-2004, 05:53 PM
No, it wouldn't be the main factor, I was just wondering what some examples of past ones were?

They have a day at the park last year where you could walk around on the out field, play catch. Hangar almost killed some people. Look at the clubhouses. They gave you free food and beer.

If there is a concert at UC or the cell you get early chance to buy tickets.

MarkV
01-07-2004, 05:58 PM

You get to go to a few season ticketholder outings, a free media guide, free bobbleheads, an opportunity to purchase a membership to the stadium club, a chance to buy advance tickets, a chance for postseason tickets, and your tickets and parking are discounted buy a dollar or two. There's probaly some other stuff that I'm missing.

MarkV
01-07-2004, 05:58 PM

You get to go to a few season ticketholder outings, a free media guide, free bobbleheads, an opportunity to purchase a membership to the stadium club, a chance to buy advance tickets, a chance for postseason tickets, and your tickets and parking are discounted buy a dollar or two. There's probably some other stuff that I'm missing.

WhiteSoxWinner
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Whoa!!! Deja vu!!

HITMEN OF 77
01-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Whoa!!! Deja vu!!

No kidding, thought I was at a Crosby Stills Nash and Young concert for a second. :D:

soxwon
01-07-2004, 07:30 PM
go ahead dont re-up for seasons tickets, this allows me and the million other fans to get better seats for the team all year and into the pennant drive and eventual division win.
thus we will watch the sox march on to the series.
hey the cubs almost did it- and dont WE ALLWAYS beat the cubs year in year out.
then everyone will be begging me and my fellow fans for playoff tickets.
You must believe in this Team- WE will surprise all of baseball.
da reverand

CubKilla
01-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by MarkV
There's probably some other stuff that I'm missing.

Paying thousands to watch mediocrity?

Hangar18
01-08-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by soxwon
go ahead dont re-up for seasons tickets, this allows me and the million other fans to get better seats for the team all year and into the pennant drive and eventual division win.
thus we will watch the sox march on to the series.
hey the cubs almost did it- and dont WE ALLWAYS beat the cubs year in year out.
then everyone will be begging me and my fellow fans for playoff tickets.
You must believe in this Team- WE will surprise all of baseball.
da reverand

I like your spirit. Funny you should mention this, my cousin
just called me and said hes Giving the SOX til the 23rd Friday
to Act Like They Want to Win .............

Scotty347
01-08-2004, 02:48 PM
I've got mixed feelings on it this year. I was very close to not renewing my tickets, but decided to do it anyway. I think it will be a good year for my seats to get a nice upgraded location because all of the people that didn't renew. So when the team picks up again I will have better seats.

Isn't that a lousy way to look at this situation!