PDA

View Full Version : Older Players @ Soxfest


HITMEN OF 77
01-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Do we know yet, what older players will be at Soxfest this year? Who is usually there from the past or a regular?

Tekijawa
01-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Ozzie Guillen and Joey Cora will Probably be there?

Dadawg_77
01-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Minnie, Bill Melton, McDowell, Kittle, Baines, Billy Pierce

WhiteSoxWinner
01-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Is the schedule out yet as to who will be at Soxfest and when?

Tekijawa
01-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
Is the schedule out yet as to who will be at Soxfest and when?

Are you kidding me? They will probably ask us for a deposit first and then make the announcement on who's comming the day of... But I already have my tickets!

WhiteSoxWinner
01-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Are you kidding me? They will probably ask us for a deposit first and then make the announcement on who's comming the day of... But I already have my tickets!

LMAO!! Good point.

mike squires
01-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Just keep checking Whitesox.com Hitmen, that will be the first place you see it. It probably won't be for another week or two. I want to say they don't announce it until mid January.

HITMEN OF 77
01-07-2004, 08:38 PM
I'd like to meet Black Jack. I always did like him a lot. I think Beltin Bill Melton is a regular for any and all Sox things isn't he? Hope there are more guys from the 65-75 teams there.

dickallen15
01-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Speaking of Soxfest, do season ticketholders get their tickets half price again this year? I have season tickets, but a bad rep, so I don't know if they are not giving us a break or he just never got around to sending the information out.

mike squires
01-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
I'd like to meet Black Jack. I always did like him a lot. I think Beltin Bill Melton is a regular for any and all Sox things isn't he? Hope there are more guys from the 65-75 teams there.

I think Blackjack prefers to talk music these days. I've sent him a few e-mails talking about both baseball and music. He never answers the baseball ones...I saw him at the reunion game over the summer and i talked with him briefly about Wilco, a band we both like. He played with his band stickfigure a few years ago in Champaign but didn't find out about it until the day after. I got some pics of him during the reunion game. He's still as lanky as ever...he used same delivery as in the past.

HITMEN OF 77
01-07-2004, 11:23 PM
I remember when he was on "The Best Damn Sports Show" a while back and they had the swinging chicken. He threw a fast ball and drilled it! It was great! I bet he could still be effective today. The chicken was of course rubber, but great nonetheless.

vegyrex
01-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
I'd like to meet Black Jack. I always did like him a lot.

Me to. I even tried to grow a goatee like his. :D:

HITMEN OF 77
01-08-2004, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vegyrex
Me to. I even tried to grow a goatee like his. :D: [/QUOTE

Wait til you see my goatee lol, it's terrible I can't grow one for the life of me. My girlfriend hates it, but I'm not shaving it off til Konerko hits his first homer of the season. :cool:

mike squires
01-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vegyrex
Me to. I even tried to grow a goatee like his. :D: [/QUOTE

Wait til you see my goatee lol, it's terrible I can't grow one for the life of me. My girlfriend hates it, but I'm not shaving it off til Konerko hits his first homer of the season. :cool:

uh-oh!

ewokpelts
01-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by HITMEN OF 77
[QUOTE]Originally posted by vegyrex
Me to. I even tried to grow a goatee like his. :D: [/QUOTE

Wait til you see my goatee lol, it's terrible I can't grow one for the life of me. My girlfriend hates it, but I'm not shaving it off til Konerko hits his first homer of the season. :cool:

hope u like zztop

HITMEN OF 77
01-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
hope u like zztop

Even if it did take awhile for him to hit his 1st, I doubt I could grow one that long, ZZ Top style. It's hard enough getting it to grow at all. I guess I'm just a baby face. :smile:

mike squires
01-08-2004, 07:32 PM
I'm like that too, Hitmen...If I let it go I only end up with about 30 hard prickly's, and they are space out a little bit. I'm 30. Pathetic.

HITMEN OF 77
01-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Squires, if your at Soxfest you will see what I mean. Start growing your's now!! :D: