PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 1/7


Lip Man 1
01-07-2004, 12:21 PM
" It must have been built back in the 18th Century because nothing ever worked in that stadium. There was never any hot water for the showers unless you flushed the toilet, which caused the water temperature to get so hot we'd all get scalded." - Future Hall Of Famer Pete Rose on Wrigley Field. (From his book, My Prison Without Bars..)

Lip

white sox bill
01-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Quote: "And hell, they even had the old dial phones, which took me longer to place my bet with my bookie!"

KingXerxes
01-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
" It must have been built back in the 18th Century because nothing ever worked in that stadium. There was never any hot water for the showers unless you flushed the toilet, which caused the water temperature to get so hot we'd all get scalded." - Future Hall Of Famer Pete Rose on Wrigley Field. (From his book, My Prison Without Bars..)

Lip

Pete - If you would ALL get scalded then I must ask who was flushing the toilet, or are the toilets located in the showers? Why were Rose and all his teammates in the shower simultaneously? If there was no hot water to begin with, then how would flushing a toilet (which one would assume uses cold water) make the shower magically go to a scalding temperature?

I'll bet that this ignoramous wrote a book that will be so bad it will be funny. Anybody want to take that bet? How about you Pete?

Hokiesox
01-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Pete - If you would ALL get scalded then I must ask who was flushing the toilet, or are the toilets located in the showers? Why were Rose and all his teammates in the shower simultaneously? If there was no hot water to begin with, then how would flushing a toilet (which one would assume uses cold water) make the shower magically go to a scalding temperature?

I'll bet that this ignoramous wrote a book that will be so bad it will be funny. Anybody want to take that bet? How about you Pete?

Xerxes, I think you're reading his quote a little to litterally...

Dadawg_77
01-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Pete - If you would ALL get scalded then I must ask who was flushing the toilet, or are the toilets located in the showers? Why were Rose and all his teammates in the shower simultaneously? If there was no hot water to begin with, then how would flushing a toilet (which one would assume uses cold water) make the shower magically go to a scalding temperature?

I'll bet that this ignoramous wrote a book that will be so bad it will be funny. Anybody want to take that bet? How about you Pete?

Actually it isn't that uncommon with older plumbing. The showers where probably a shower room with several shower heads. The toilet and shower had the same water intake, so since several showers were running at the same time, the hot water was diluted enough no one felt there. When the toilet was flush it was filled back up with cold water, thus only hot water was coming out of the shower heads.

Dave could explain how this happen a lot better then I could, but I have been in places with that problem.

miker
01-07-2004, 01:47 PM
:reinsy
"Why do you think I'm taking the left-field shower out?"

DrCrawdad
01-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
" It must have been built back in the 18th Century because nothing ever worked in that stadium. There was never any hot water for the showers unless you flushed the toilet, which caused the water temperature to get so hot we'd all get scalded." - Future Hall Of Famer Pete Rose on Wrigley Field. (From his book, My Prison Without Bars..)

Lip

Remember Cub fan, George Castle, wrote an article this summer about the crappy conditions at The Shrine?

KingXerxes
01-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Actually it isn't that uncommon with older plumbing. The showers where probably a shower room with several shower heads. The toilet and shower had the same water intake, so since several showers were running at the same time, the hot water was diluted enough no one felt there. When the toilet was flush it was filled back up with cold water, thus only hot water was coming out of the shower heads.

Dave could explain how this happen a lot better then I could, but I have been in places with that problem.

Dadawg_77 - I was only having a little fun with Pete Rose, mostly because I can't stand the jerk, but in order to be scalded, some sort of hot water must be available - and it is the existence of this hot water that he (in a previous sentence) said did not exist.

Lip Man 1
01-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Bill Melton (in Sports Illustrated) and the Astros Lance Berkman (in the Tribune) last year both called Wrigley "a dump."

Lip