PDA

View Full Version : My Fisk shrine question...

mike squires
01-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Some of you may have seen my picture of my office on another thread...on the middle shelf I have a Carlton Fisk 83 style bobble head, an autographed bat and ball of pudge. While browsing the MLB sight I came across his Cooperstown collection bobble (of course in his Red Sox jersey. My question is should I get it to go with the Fisk theme or would I be turning my back on the Sox? Of course I wouldn't be but...

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-06-2004, 12:46 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with it because he left boston to come play for us. Then again you can argue about the Red Sox cap thing in cooperstown but that's probably because of the owner of this team.

Fisk Fan
01-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Personally, I wouldn't get the "Red" Fisk bobblehead because it would be a constant reminder of how he went into the HOF. It would be a nice addition to the collection, but I wouldn't be able to look at it.

Fisk72
01-06-2004, 09:20 AM
I actually have a similar shrine to Fisk (and the Sox) in a pretty cool glass cabinet. I do have both the White Sox bobblehead (actually, 2 of them) AND the Red Sox bobblehead. As much as it sucks that Fisk went in to the Hall wearing a Red Sox hat, I figured I still wanted it because of the guy he was. Of course, I'll leave the Carlton Fisk/Red Sox memorabilia at that. No 1975 W.S. homerun pic for me, thank you.

ewokpelts
01-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Fisk72
I actually have a similar shrine to Fisk (and the Sox) in a pretty cool glass cabinet. I do have both the White Sox bobblehead (actually, 2 of them) AND the Red Sox bobblehead. As much as it sucks that Fisk went in to the Hall wearing a Red Sox hat, I figured I still wanted it because of the guy he was. Of course, I'll leave the Carlton Fisk/Red Sox memorabilia at that. No 1975 W.S. homerun pic for me, thank you.

If it's part of the mlb.com clearance, then yeah....go for it.....while it's a better sculpt, i wouldnt put it front and center
Gene

CubKilla
01-06-2004, 11:35 AM
A true "Fisk Fan" would acknowledge his entire career and not just that which was with the White Sox. There's nothing wrong with it.

If anyone questions your White Sox loyalty because you included a Red Sox Fisk, tell him it's your way of telling JR you think he's, "number one "..... then extend your middle finger if they don't get it.

Fisk Fan
01-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
A true "Fisk Fan" would acknowledge his entire career and not just that which was with the White Sox. There's nothing wrong with it.

I recognize his accomplishments with the Red Sox, but that doesn't mean I have to buy a Red Sox bobblehead to be a "true fan."

CubKilla
01-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
I recognize his accomplishments with the Red Sox, but that doesn't mean I have to buy a Red Sox bobblehead to be a "true fan."

I didn't say you had to buy anything. I just said you should acknowledge the entire career of the man.

mike squires
01-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey FIsk72. Wht other bobble head has fisk in a sox ii? I am aware of his 83 jersey but have not seen another. Is it available somewhere? Thanks

Fisk72
01-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
Hey FIsk72. Wht other bobble head has fisk in a sox ii? I am aware of his 83 jersey but have not seen another. Is it available somewhere? Thanks

Oh, I have two of the Pepsi '83 bobbleheads. My fiancee got me one at the "Paniagua Game" and then for my b-day last month, her sister conveniently got me another one. I don't mind, though, b/c even though they're about 3/4 the size of the official Red Sox Cooperstown Fisk bobblehead, they could easily beat it up. :D:

Brian26
01-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Oh, I have two of the Pepsi '83 bobbleheads. My fiancee got me one at the "Paniagua Game" and then for my b-day last month, her sister conveniently got me another one. I don't mind, though, b/c even though they're about 3/4 the size of the official Red Sox Cooperstown Fisk bobblehead, they could easily beat it up. :D:

I don't think the "Paniagua game" was a bobblehead night. I'm almost positive it wasn't (I was there). And I think there's only been one Fisk bobblehead made for the Sox (in the '83 uniform). The other '83 bobble floating around is the Baines bobblehead from last season.

Baby Fisk
01-07-2004, 10:22 AM
A Fisk bobblehead is tolerable. Hard for someone to dis you over that.

Just don't go nuts and buy a #27 jersey... :D:

Fisk72
01-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I don't think the "Paniagua game" was a bobblehead night. I'm almost positive it wasn't (I was there). And I think there's only been one Fisk bobblehead made for the Sox (in the '83 uniform). The other '83 bobble floating around is the Baines bobblehead from last season.

I actually went to the giveaway two years ago and they were all out when we got in the stadium. Luckily, they were selling them in the gift shop last year and that's where my fiancee got it for me. IMO, if the marketing department was smart, they'd have the '83 team (or just starters) made bobbleheads (well, not the REAL people!)

Brian26
01-07-2004, 02:40 PM
I actually went to the giveaway two years ago and they were all out when we got in the stadium. Luckily, they were selling them in the gift shop last year and that's where my fiancee got it for me. IMO, if the marketing department was smart, they'd have the '83 team (or just starters) made bobbleheads (well, not the REAL people!)

Grandstand was selling the Fisk, Minoso, Maggs three-pack for $30 at one point last year. Not sure if they're still available though.