PDA

View Full Version : Rangers sign 2B Eric Young

Foulke You
01-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Might have been an inexpensive stopgap at 2B for us. He only signed a 1 year deal with Texas. A lefty batter that would have also provided a veteran stick as well as a good base stealer at the top of the order.

Oh well, we all know it is Willie Harris or bust! C'mon Wee Willie, don't let us down!

Eric Young (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tex/news/tex_press_release.jsp?ymd=20040105&content_id=624855&vkey=pr_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex)

CHISOXFAN13
01-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Might have been an inexpensive stopgap at 2B for us. He only signed a 1 year deal with Texas. A lefty batter that would have also provided a veteran stick as well as a good base stealer at the top of the order.

Oh well, we all know it is Willie Harris or bust! C'mon Wee Willie, don't let us down!

Eric Young (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/tex/news/tex_press_release.jsp?ymd=20040105&content_id=624855&vkey=pr_tex&fext=.jsp&c_id=tex)

Young is a righty.

Foulke You
01-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Young is a righty.

Doh! You are correct. I always thought of him as a switch hitter for some reason. Regardless, I still think it could have been a decent stopgap 2B for us. He is a heck of a base stealer and we certainly don't have a lot of them.

WhiteSoxWinner
01-05-2004, 04:59 PM
I like him as one of those one year signings, a la Kenny Lofton. Too bad he got away...

DirtySouthsider
01-05-2004, 05:53 PM
I think the last thing the Sox need is to start signing old journeyman players to fill thier needs. If it comes down to that I would rather put Willie at 2nd and find out what he's really got.

At some point you have to decide if you are going to make a run for the division or go with what you've got. If you sign guys like E.Y. then you start filling holes with medicore ball players who get you no where and at the end of the season you're stuck in the same position again.

I'm not saying Willie is the answer at 2nd but E.Y. is a waste of time!

34 Inch Stick
01-06-2004, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
[
At some point you have to decide if you are going to make a run for the division or go with what you've got.

Isn't it painfully obvious that point was reached at least three months ago.

Dadawg_77
01-06-2004, 08:54 AM
With our divisonal company, it might not be. If we were in the East or West, we would have been screwed by now. Lucky we are in the central.