PDA

View Full Version : Plan.... no plan....

lowesox
01-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I have a feeling that Kenny had a plan A, plan B, and plan C for this offseason and none of them worked. Do you guys think Kenny still knows what he's doing? Or do you think that the recent inaction of late is a result of him not having any idea of what to do next?

CHISOXFAN13
01-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I have a feeling that Kenny had a plan A, plan B, and plan C for this offseason and none of them worked. Do you guys think Kenny still knows what he's doing? Or do you think that the recent inaction of late is a result of him not having any idea of what to do next?

I'm not sure any of us can make plan a,b,c,d or e for that matter with Reinsdorf running the show.

idseer
01-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
I'm not sure any of us can make plan a,b,c,d or e for that matter with Reinsdorf running the show.

my thought exactly. i believe the man's hands are tied.

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Like trying to chop onions with your hands Cuffed
behind your back

RKMeibalane
01-05-2004, 04:10 PM
None of this is Williams' fault. Reinsdorf is the one in charge, so he's the one who deserves to take the heat for this mess. Williams has shown that he wants to win, and I gained a lot of respect for him during this past season when he acquired Alomar and Everett.

steff
01-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by lowesox

My feeling is that he is on plan M or N about now.

Also, FWIW, I believe Einhorn was the mastermind behind the Robbie and Carl deals.

maurice
01-05-2004, 05:47 PM
KW is only partially to blame for this mess, since he overpaid some crappy players. The majority of the blame is on JR and his ridiculous payroll.

Offseason Plan A (resign FAs while staying under budget) was unrealistic. Plan B (Garciapara) fell through. I figure he's in the middle of Plan C (move high-priced bats to the West Coast for pitching). If that doesn't work out, we're down to Plan D (sign crappy FA pitchers to one-year deals, finish .500, and rebuild in 2005 when some big contracts expire).

DirtySouthsider
01-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by maurice
KW is only partially to blame for this mess, since he overpaid some crappy players. The majority of the blame is on JR and his ridiculous payroll.

Offseason Plan A (resign FAs while staying under budget) was unrealistic. Plan B (Garciapara) fell through. I figure he's in the middle of Plan C (move high-priced bats to the West Coast for pitching). If that doesn't work out, we're down to Plan D (sign crappy FA pitchers to one-year deals, finish .500, and rebuild in 2005 when some big contracts expire).

What crappy players has he really overpaid for except Konerko and Valetin?

I agree that those were mistakes put you can't expect perfection. Plus a francise in Chicago should be able to eat those contracts with no problem......but then that's where Riensdorf comes in!

ode to veeck
01-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Like trying to chop onions with your hands Cuffed ...

... in a picture window of a hothouse with the sun streaming in ... brings you to uncontrollable tears every time!

maurice
01-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by maurice
KW is only partially to blame for this mess, since he overpaid some crappy players.

Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
What crappy players has he really overpaid for except Konerko and Valetin?

Don't forget Koch. Those three certainly qualify as "some." He's also made a number of other pretty dumb mistakes (Adkins, Barry/Berry, etc.) that probably hurt the club in the long run.

I've been one of the bigger KW supporters here, but you must acknowledge that he's pretty far from perfect.