PDA

View Full Version : In case you guys missed this

tanko
01-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Juan Uribe is now a member of the White Sox.I know with all the hub bub going on and all our moves this could have gone unnoticed. :D:

T-Bag
01-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Man I forgot about that, all is good in the world now!! :D:

Iwritecode
01-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by tanko
Juan Uribe is now a member of the White Sox.I know with all the hub bub going on and all our moves this could have gone unnoticed. :D:

I thought we knew this a couple of months ago...

CubKilla
01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I thought we knew this a couple of months ago...

It's the one move we can complain about. I've been using it as complaint fodder for about as long as a month now.

anewman35
01-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
It's the one move we can complain about. I've been using it as complaint fodder for about as long as a month now.

What was wrong with it? I can see complaining that it's the only move, but what's so wrong with the move itself? Uribe isn't going to be great or anything, but was Miles?

CubKilla
01-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
What was wrong with it? I can see complaining that it's the only move, but what's so wrong with the move itself? Uribe isn't going to be great or anything, but was Miles?

As a bench IF player, Graffenino is better than Uribe. That's what's wrong with it.

MisterB
01-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
As a bench IF player, Graffenino is better than Uribe. That's what's wrong with it.

I believe Uribe was acquired when it was clear Graffy wouldn't be back. Uribe's arrival wasn't the cause of Tony leaving, but the other way around. Or perhaps you prefer Kelly Dransfeldt platooning with Valentin at SS? Or not have any backup SS at all?