PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fest 04 Messages

Soxdude
01-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Okay, I want to bring a message to KW's and JR's head. I propose a few ideas:
1.) Screw KW + JR shirts...
2.) Seminars-Lets give KW .50 so he can have his dollar. Lets yell at KW in the seminars. Totally blast him. Boycott the games this year to send a message...
Any other ideas would be saweeett

Daver
01-04-2004, 08:30 PM
Please do not use this website to solicit a perpetration of fraud.

ewokpelts
01-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Please do not use this website to solicit a perpetration of fraud.

Daver,

While I dont agree with some of soxdude's suggestions, how is any of them perpetrating fraud?

Gene

p.s. I do think Sox fest should be the best forum to air out our grieveances. A collection basket during Kenny/Ozzie's seminar could raisea few dollars for at least uribe's salary. But I agree more with Hangar's protest signs.

Daver
01-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Daver,

While I dont agree with some of soxdude's suggestions, how is any of them perpetrating fraud?

I edited out the portion that I was warning him about.

I won't elaborate further.

ewokpelts
01-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I edited out the portion that I was warning him about.

I won't elaborate further.

ok...point taken
Gene

Soxdude
01-04-2004, 09:05 PM
I don't want any trouble here Daver, thank you for telling me what I did wrong. But the grievances must not be overlooked...

duke of dorwood
01-04-2004, 09:39 PM
How about a blank sign, with another next to it with an arrow towards the empty one that says-"tonight's attendance"

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
How about a blank sign, with another next to it with an arrow towards the empty one that says-"tonight's attendance"

Excellent! I'll bring these signs:

* "Panic" (picture of a red button)
* Cut Payroll, Trade Reinsdorf (this sign has been to old Tiger Stadium, the Jake, even The Urinal)
* Good Teams Reload, Bad Teams Rebuild
* Low Payroll = Low Expectations
* Budget (Buhd jet) - Excuse teams use to avoid going to post season (will look like a dictionary entry)

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 11:05 AM
58 Million = 2005

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 11:12 AM
White Sox Baseball :
Big Market Address, Small Market Mentality

steff
01-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Starting crap at the fest is not the way to deal with your anger and frustration. Get in line at the general session Q&A Friday night and do it that way. If you walk in there with a chip on your shoulder to cause trouble you'll be removed and not able to party with us at the bar :gulp:

CubKilla
01-05-2004, 01:22 PM
I've always liked, "White Sox Baseball. Minor League baseball at Major League prices."

CubKilla
01-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by steff
If you walk in there with a chip on your shoulder to cause trouble you'll be removed and not able to party with us at the bar :gulp:

The parties may be slim pickings this year Steff. I know a slew of White Sox fans that aren't bothering w/SoxFest this year. Something about SoxFest '04 being SoxFest '03 w/no foreseeable, impactful signings in the immediate future. KW will be crying the same old "can't spend what we don't have" crap. I know I have better things to spend my $100 dollars on.

steff
01-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
The parties may be slim pickings this year Steff. I know a slew of White Sox fans that aren't bothering w/SoxFest this year. Something about SoxFest '04 being SoxFest '03 w/no foreseeable, impactful signings in the immediate future. KW will be crying the same old "can't spend what we don't have" crap. I know I have better things to spend my $100 dollars on.

Our crowd is exceeding last years. This silly boycott of yours needs to stop! Don't go to the fest.. just meet us in the bar afterwards. :gulp: :gulp:

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Starting crap at the fest is not the way to deal with your anger and frustration. Get in line at the general session Q&A Friday night and do it that way. If you walk in there with a chip on your shoulder to cause trouble you'll be removed and not able to party with us at the bar :gulp:

I wont be starting anything. I'll smile politely, and hold
my sign. And heck yeah, im ready for the party at the bar
afterwards Saturday Nite ..........

Brian26
01-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I wont be starting anything. I'll smile politely, and hold
my sign. And heck yeah, im ready for the party at the bar
afterwards Saturday Nite ..........

What about Friday night too!?!

voodoochile
01-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Our crowd is exceeding last years. This silly boycott of yours needs to stop! Don't go to the fest.. just meet us in the bar afterwards. :gulp: :gulp:

That's where the fun happens anyway. I may have me a few cosmos this year, myself. Somehow, cosmos just say, "Soxfest" to me... :D:

steff
01-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
What about Friday night too!?!

Friday is the only night planned for as of now that I am aware of.

Brian26
01-05-2004, 01:46 PM

Cool. I'll see you there then!

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 01:46 PM

Well, so is Saturday Nite. More people hit Saturday at SOXFEST
because of the fact the Convention hours are 10a to 5p as opposed to Friday 5p to 8p. I'll be in the bar both days
anyway....

CubKilla
01-05-2004, 01:47 PM

I might go for the bar party if it's on Friday. I have the weekend off. But I will not pay one dime to get into SoxFest.

voodoochile
01-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Well, so is Saturday Nite. More people hit Saturday at SOXFEST
because of the fact the Convention hours are 10a to 5p as opposed to Friday 5p to 8p. I'll be in the bar both days
anyway....

Count me in. I'll be there at least one of the two nights. I'll sticky a thread when we get closer to the date itself. I still can't believe they held it Super Bowl weekend.

The media blitz is going to be amazing...

Or is that what they are truly hoping for?

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 01:48 PM
I might go for the bar party if it's on Friday. I have the weekend off. But I will not pay one dime to get into SoxFest.

Its on BOTH NITES, so come Saturday 6pm also to the Atrium Bar.

steff
01-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That's where the fun happens anyway. I may have me a few cosmos this year, myself. Somehow, cosmos just say, "Soxfest" to me... :D:

They also speak VERY LOUD the next morning.. LOL

steff
01-05-2004, 01:51 PM

You might...? MIGHT?? You'll be there and you know it! :D:

Tekijawa
01-05-2004, 01:52 PM

The media blitz is going to be amazing...

Or is that what they are truly hoping for?

Well wait until you see the trade they pull off right before the opening night! the media will surely show up to see AROD, I ROD, VLAD, Jeff Kent, Pedro, Schilling, Maddux and Ichiro don their new White Sox Uni's

voodoochile
01-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Well wait until you see the trade they pull off right before the opening night! the media will surely show up to see AROD, I ROD, VLAD, Jeff Kent, Pedro, Schilling, Maddux and Ichiro don their new White Sox Uni's

I see, it's the new stealth tactic of running the team. Do nothing all off-season except watch guys walk away and then steal the thunder in the last few weeks, making such a huge splash that even the SB announcers talk about nothing else.

Stunning. Why didn't I think of it before?

CubKilla
01-05-2004, 01:55 PM
You might...? MIGHT?? You'll be there and you know it! :D:

I gotta find something to do. I took the weekend off a while back in hopes that the Sox would actually act like they gave a damn this offseason. Not to mention, I have a SuperBowl Party on Sunday. :D:

voodoochile
01-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I gotta find something to do. I took the weekend off a while back in hopes that the Sox would actually act like they gave a damn this offseason. Not to mention, I have a SuperBowl Party on Sunday. :D:

Super Bowl isn't until 5:20. By then you can have had a huge brunch with a ton of Bloody Mary's to get over the previous hangover. Monday won't be worth crap, but that will be true of a lot of people...

FarmerAndy
01-05-2004, 02:06 PM
I might hit SoxFest on Saturday, and the bar on Saturday night. I'm not really sure what there is to look forward to at SoxFest this year, though. I might just go to the bar after 5:00 p.m., and skip the Fest.

Can't make it Friday. I'll be at a hockey game in Peoria. Joan Jett is playing after the game!

Iwritecode
01-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Get in line at the general session Q&A Friday night and do it that way.

I've been thinking about this. Is anyone else planning on asking KW, Ozzie and whoever else might be up there any questions directly? What questions will you ask?

I've already seen another poster complain about people in years past only asking "softball" questions.

I have a number of things I would like to ask (payroll, higher ticket prices, lack of offseason moves, not going for the kill when the division is so ripe for the taking, etc...) but I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to just one question.

whitesoxwilkes
01-05-2004, 03:11 PM

They SCREAM "Sex and the City" to me.

If it's not clear, it's not a martini.

Fridaythe13thJason
01-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
If it's not clear, it's not a martini.

That's why you're my guy, Wilkes. What the hell happened to martinis anyway that they're so goofy these days?

Fridaythe13thJason
01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
I don't know if I will attend Soxfest. I never have, and I'm not a big collectibles guy so I don't know if it would have much of a purpose for me. This party thing though...now that sounds intriguing. Mmmm.

whitesoxwilkes
01-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
This party thing though...now that sounds intriguing. Mmmm.

The drunkfest alone is worth it.

Brian26
01-05-2004, 04:41 PM

Wilkes, were you in line with me last year with the dude that had the "Ballparks" book and was having all of the players sign pages inside of it? I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I've been thinking about this.

I have a number of things I would like to ask (payroll, higher ticket prices, lack of offseason moves, not going for the kill when the division is so ripe for the taking, etc...) but I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to just one question.

Pick your 2nd or 3rd best Question, and Id be happy to
stand in line behind you and ask it in your stead........

steff
01-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I've been thinking about this. Is anyone else planning on asking KW, Ozzie and whoever else might be up there any questions directly? What questions will you ask?

I've already seen another poster complain about people in years past only asking "softball" questions.

Last year there were quite a few hard questions. And some ripping. You have to get in line ASAP though. The trend is that the questions are long winded as well as the tap dancing answers.. But the point is that if a hard question is asked the crowd cheers and they get nervous when answering. That's a fun time.

Soxdude
01-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Steff, give the people at Soxtalk my regards...I'm still here you know...not getting banned here...

whitesoxwilkes
01-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Soxdude
Steff, give the people at Soxtalk my regards...I'm still here you know...not getting banned here...

Soxdude, please please please stop using this board as a springboard to Soxtalk.

steff
01-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Soxdude

Do me a favor.. use the messenger feature here for non Sox related stuff, OK? Just like over there.. I'm sure they'd rather not read about things that don't involved this board here.

steff
01-05-2004, 05:28 PM

I'm not wearing brand new jeans again.. although.. I wont have to venture to the parking garage this year.. :D:

steff
01-05-2004, 05:29 PM
They SCREAM "Sex and the City" to me.

Whasamatter.. not gettin' any... "Sex in the City"...?? :D: :D: :D:

whitesoxwilkes
01-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Wilkes, were you in line with me last year with the dude that had the "Ballparks" book and was having all of the players sign pages inside of it? I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

Yep. That was me. I KNEW I'd met you at some point.

kittle42
01-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Soxdude, please please please stop using this board as a springboard to Soxtalk.

But how else am I to be reminded of the whole thing every single day?

Brian26
01-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Yep. That was me. I KNEW I'd met you at some point.

That wasn't me with the book though. I was just in line and I recognize you now from seeing your picture in the photo gallery. We didn't really chat last year at all. I was too busy listening to Dotson tell stories on the other end of the atrium bar.

gosox41
01-06-2004, 08:29 AM

I won't be at Soxfest this year. It's just another love in. No one asks the tough questions that need to be asked, and if someone did they'd get booed out of there. That's the reason I won't be going let alone standing in line with other Sox fans whoooping it up when PK talks about how hard he worked this offseason so he doesn't slump.

The last few years I went thinking the team had a good chance to win and I was truly excited about the season. This year I'm not excited at all based on how things have gone this offseason, so why bother? but I'm not in a mood for a Springer-like love in. Too bad Manuel isn't here so fans can chant his name anymore like Springer.

I hope someone asks the tough questions and I'd love to hear about how JR or KW was put on the spot. But I won't be standing in long lines or fighting large crowds to see it firsthand.

Bob

Hangar18
01-06-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I won't be at Soxfest this year. It's just another love in. No one asks the tough questions that need to be asked, and if someone did they'd get booed out of there.

I hope someone asks the tough questions and I'd love to hear about how JR or KW was put on the spot. But I won't be standing in long lines or fighting large crowds to see it firsthand.

Bob

I go for more than one reason.....

* get great deals on merchandise
* get to spend time with nephew/younger cousins
* get to see players
* get to drink beer while doing all of this
* get to Vent my Frustrations/Compliments at QA session
* get to Meet my fellow Posters

ewokpelts
01-06-2004, 09:10 AM
I go for more than one reason.....

* get great deals on merchandise
* get to spend time with nephew/younger cousins
* get to see players
* get to drink beer while doing all of this
* get to Meet my fellow Posters

I'm the same, just substitute nephew/cousins forr girlfriend
and to those that think all they hear are softball questions...I personally ask hardball questions, and people came up to me like " way to go, and u got balls to say that to williams"
Gene

ozzman
01-06-2004, 09:26 AM
One good thing about doing tech support for hyatt is that I think I can swing free tickets to the fest. If I can, I'll gladly join all of you at the bar for a drink or two or twelve :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

ewokpelts
01-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ozzman
One good thing about doing tech support for hyatt is that I think I can swing free tickets to the fest. If I can, I'll gladly join all of you at the bar for a drink or two or twelve :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

OZZ,

You should use ur advantage and hook up all ur sox brothers. I already got my tickets, but some skeptics can be swayed by free tix. Also, try and hook urself up with the free sox tickets that come with the hotel packages. I'm sure they'll have a bunch here and there that weekend.
Gene

ozzman
01-06-2004, 09:40 AM
haha, i cant really ask for a lot of tickets. just me and a coworker are gonna go. im not getting a room at all, just going to the fest. ive never been to one. dont know why i should make this my first one, but it seems like it will be a good time.

CubKilla
01-06-2004, 11:46 AM

I hope White Sox fans have exactly ZERO compliments for this Organization at SoxFest this season. Don't even compliment the renovations. If anything, use it as yet another example of JR's refusal to spend any of his own money..... this time, to correct his "Pantheon to Mediocrity" at 35th and Veeck Dr. Like gosox said, I don't wanna get ejected and told to "sit down" by the White Sox faithful for stating what should be painfully obvious to anyone with any baseball acumen within the White Sox Organization.