PDA

View Full Version : If you were owner...

SpringfldFan
01-02-2004, 01:35 PM
How about a little daydreaming fun. I have a question for you. If you could somehow buy the White Sox franchise today, what would be the very first thing you would do with the team? It could involve hirings/firings, ballpark renovations, marketing decisions, or anything else.

So let's hear it. What would be your first act as owner of the Chicago White Sox?

Baby Fisk
01-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
What would be your first act as owner of the Chicago White Sox?

On a macro level (long term): end the small-market mentality and raise payroll to go after a winner.

On a micro level (immediate): Re-sign Maggs.

duke of dorwood
01-02-2004, 02:18 PM
All out effort to beat the Cubs in every way

Frater Perdurabo
01-02-2004, 02:20 PM
How about a little daydreaming fun. I have a question for you. If you could somehow buy the White Sox franchise today, what would be the very first thing you would do with the team? It could involve hirings/firings, ballpark renovations, marketing decisions, or anything else.

So let's hear it. What would be your first act as owner of the Chicago White Sox?

First I would hold a press conference announcing my purchase of the team and my hiring of the very best baseball people (scouts, coaches, etc.) at all levels of the organization, and most importantly a promise to the fans (while looking straight into the camera) and the City of Chicago: "While resources will not be wasted irresponsibly, no resources will be spared in making the White Sox a dynasty of frequent and multiple World Series victories. I issue this as a challenge to everyone in the organization -- if you win, you will be rewarded. However, if you are not committed to winning with every fiber of your being -- if you do not bleed silver and black in pursuit of ultimate victory -- I hereby accept your resignation effective immediately."

Upon hiring the very best baseball people to run the team, I would issue this public statement to the Cubs: "I view you as direct competition for fans in the City of Chicago. I will spare no expense in promoting the White Sox and will, within ten years' time, dine on Cubs Carcass and bury what remains of your organization in a casket of irrevelance. The White Sox will own Chicago in ways that you cannot even fathom. Any victories you may gain during that time will be fleeting and Pyrrhic."

The team would be constructed to both win now and tomorrow. Drafts would be for the best available player with any given pick. Future teams would be built on pitching, pitching and more pitching, and then OBP, speed and defense up the middle. Trades would be made from surpluses for areas of deficiency. (Other teams will overpay for pitching). Lineups would be balanced (equal numbers of lefties and righties). Power would come from the corners. Free agency would fill holes at the major-league level. In short, a Yankees-Athletics hybrid model.

There would be a PR war. Media professionals would be wined and dined and treated with respect and civility. Live video of Sox games would be made available FREE over the Internet.

Parking lots in the vicinity of the Cell would be turned into three- and four-story brick construction mixed-use residential/commercial buildings with parking garages. Short term, ticket prices for weeknight home games would be cut to fill the park. Once demand rose to the point that there were waiting lists for tickets, prices would be incrementally increased.

The stadium renovations would continue. There would be brick facades on all the concourse retail and food service stands. The shower in left field would be put back.

hose
01-02-2004, 02:24 PM
I would lower all the ticket prices. Invest heavily into building the finest minor league system in baseball. Get back to fundamentals with solid defense up the middle and power on the corner bags.
A outfield with speed and a power pitching staff.

Pitching and defense and fundamentals.

As a owner I would also pay the state back for their investment in Comiskey and own the park out right.

Work out a deal with US Cellular so that the naming rights are released and put the name Comiskey back up.

Try and improve public image of the club, park, and fan base.

Win a World Series in the first 5 years of ownership.

Build a new trophy case at Comiskey for all the trophies.

PaulDrake
01-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
First I would hold a press conference announcing my purchase of the team and my hiring of the very best baseball people (scouts, coaches, etc.) at all levels of the organization, and most importantly a promise to the fans (while looking straight into the camera) and the City of Chicago: "While resources will not be wasted irresponsibly, no resources will be spared in making the White Sox a dynasty of frequent and multiple World Series victories. I issue this as a challenge to everyone in the organization -- if you win, you will be rewarded. However, if you are not committed to winning with every fiber of your being -- if you do not bleed silver and black in pursuit of ultimate victory -- I hereby accept your resignation effective immediately."

Upon hiring the very best baseball people to run the team, I would issue this public statement to the Cubs: "I view you as direct competition for fans in the City of Chicago. I will spare no expense in promoting the White Sox and will, within ten years' time, dine on Cubs Carcass and bury what remains of your organization in a casket of irrevelance. The White Sox will own Chicago in ways that you cannot even fathom. Any victories you may gain during that time will be fleeting and Pyrrhic."

The team would be constructed to both win now and tomorrow. Drafts would be for the best available player with any given pick. Future teams would be built on pitching, pitching and more pitching, and then OBP, speed and defense up the middle. Trades would be made from surpluses for areas of deficiency. (Other teams will overpay for pitching). Lineups would be balanced (equal numbers of lefties and righties). Power would come from the corners. Free agency would fill holes at the major-league level. In short, a Yankees-Athletics hybrid model.

There would be a PR war. Media professionals would be wined and dined and treated with respect and civility. Live video of Sox games would be made available FREE over the Internet.

Parking lots in the vicinity of the Cell would be turned into three- and four-story brick construction mixed-use residential/commercial buildings with parking garages. Short term, ticket prices for weeknight home games would be cut to fill the park. Once demand rose to the point that there were waiting lists for tickets, prices would be incrementally increased.

The stadium renovations would continue. There would be brick facades on all the concourse retail and food service stands. The shower in left field would be put back. I haven't said this in a long time but here goes - RIGHT ON! I wish you had the dough to buy the team.

Baby Fisk
01-02-2004, 02:45 PM

The stadium renovations would continue. There would be brick facades on all the concourse retail and food service stands. The shower in left field would be put back.

[*standing on my chair*]

Hurray! um...This is what I meant to say. :D:

I'd also add something about treating Mr. Carlton Fisk with the respect he deserved after 13 seasons with the Sox. Too late to end his playing career in style, but there would be some major arse-kissing going on.

voodoochile
01-02-2004, 03:17 PM

This is an amazingly well thought out and detailed plan. I would like to add one thought. The buildings built on the PL should be high rises with the first 10 floors of each as the garage (sans the first few levels where restaurants, bars and sports shops/Sox museum (?) could be built into the building. Then the upper levels (probably only 10 floors each) could be residential with views into the park over the roof. If the roof blocked a view, the panels could be converted to clear plexiglass or whatever other clear material would be strong enough for the purpose.

I doubt you would lose any parking and the apartments that faced the park would soon be some of the priciest real estate in the city, dwarfing the petty, old, ratty rooftops on the northside.

maurice
01-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Since we don't have enough money to buy the team, I say we push JR to fire Gallas and replace him with Frater.

:gulp:

joeynach
01-02-2004, 03:49 PM

Buyout the minority shareholders. Goodbye Einhorn, goodbye Williams. Then sell the team to a respectable company with more financial backbone than anyone else imaginable.

Frater Perdurabo
01-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
This is an amazingly well thought out and detailed plan. I would like to add one thought. The buildings built on the PL should be high rises with the first 10 floors of each as the garage (sans the first few levels where restaurants, bars and sports shops/Sox museum (?) could be built into the building. Then the upper levels (probably only 10 floors each) could be residential with views into the park over the roof. If the roof blocked a view, the panels could be converted to clear plexiglass or whatever other clear material would be strong enough for the purpose.

I doubt you would lose any parking and the apartments that faced the park would soon be some of the priciest real estate in the city, dwarfing the petty, old, ratty rooftops on the northside.

That's actually a very good idea. Some of the units should be apartments, some condos for sale. Think of the views: some would have views of the park and the games, some would have views of the lake and some would have views of the Loop. I'll bet some Sox players would choose to live there too. There also could be a Sox hotel put up in the area to accommodate visiting teams and visiting fans.

Dadawg_77
01-02-2004, 05:23 PM

Nice ten year plan. That is about how long it would take for to play out. Having a young team hitting its stride at that time would be perfect combo for success. If you are planning on doing it quicker you would over stretch yourself, you just bought a 100 million + investment, and it could all cave in on you. Not to be a party popper but just looking at it realistically.

If I won both the powerball and mega millions this past week, I would first conduct an audit of the organization where everyone has to defend their right to work there. Basically making sure we have the best people for the job and they are in the best position to win. I would hire more ticket managers and use more street marketing to drive up attendance, like last years coupons. Replace Kenny as the GM, he will be free to stay on with the team but in a different capacity maybe something with the farm system but I would leave that choice up to my incoming GM.

I would raid the Bill Beane tree for the new GM, with my number one target of Paul DePosta (sp?). Conserve resources now and create a system which develops young studs. Save money for latter years to keep the team together and adding pieces as needed Looking at this year free agent crops, a lot teams still overpaid which will kill a team in the future. Think about how much O's spent and they will finish either 3 or 4th next year, was it really worth it.

Be up front and honest about this rebuilding of the origination and offer season ticket holders a deal, if they agree to buy tickets we will guarantee them same price for the next five seasons or something along those lines. Also have more events for Seasons ticket holders, maybe even 1/2 price tickets to the Bulls if they came as part of the package for the Sox.

Like Frater, be a apart of the development around the park.

PINWHEELS
01-02-2004, 06:06 PM

SpringfldFan
01-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Since I started the thread, I should probably contribute, especially since I have often fantasized what I would do.

My first move would be to lower ticket prices across the board. I would explain that the product (at the time I took over) was inferior and the fans should not have to pay a premium for that. I would explain that only when the team turned into a successful winner, would I have the right raise the prices to levels more in line with other successful organizations. In the same vain, depending on my financial ability to do so, I would try to partially refund the season ticket holders costs from the year before I took over. The partial refund (a couple bucks per game maybe) would be an admission and apology for the inferior product they had to pay for prior to my arrival.

I also like the Fisk comment I heard here earlier. I had been thinking the same thing. The very first meeting I would have with someone outside the Sox organization would be with Carlton, and it would be within days. I would at least want to make amends with him and get him on good terms with the organization to pave the way for whatever might come next (coaching, scouting, managing?). I already envision him being one of the guests at a pregame Frank Thomas retirement ceremony some year in the future, along with a few others like maybe Robin Ventura, Jack McDowell, and Bo Jackson.

LT

cornball
01-02-2004, 06:44 PM

To expand on these thoughts, I would say ....the White Sox are the people's team and offer team stock as the GB Packers did. With the money raised, every FA available who could help the team would be courted. Addition without subtraction.

Players would want to play for this White Sox team, because we would be competritive each year, including this year.

Create a mall of bars and various food establishments around the park.

The possiblities are endless...........

soxfan26
01-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Since we are daydreaming...

At my press conference I would announce

1. My purchase of the Chicago White Sox

2. My purchase of the Tribune Company

3. The sale of the Chicago Cubs to Jerry Reinsdorf.

4. I would also name Frater Perdurabo as the director of Public Relations.

Realist
01-02-2004, 07:19 PM

Oh please Lord God let "Frater" be girl's name because I think I just fell in love with this poster.
:D:

Oh, and a ticket window designated for "Will Call Tickets Only" would be great for dropping off tickets for friends.

jordan23ventura
01-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Good post. Here are a couple things I would add to make the atmosphere more fan friendly:

1. Buy rights for clean comedy clips like the Simpsons and Monty Python to play between innings.

2. Give star players "enterance music" of sorts to rile the crowd up a bit more.

4. Stop annoying chants like "oh eee oh, magglio."

5. Every seventh inning stretch replay a disappointing moment in Cubs history.

6. Fireworks every Friday and Saturday night home game.

7. Every Saturday night after fireworks show a movie or a special tribute to a certain player or year (like they did during the whole sleepover thing, but maybe a documentary on the Black Sox one week and "Field of Dreams" the next.)

8. Instead of half-price days, sell tickets at full price with half of the cost going towards a charity of the week.

9. All children under 12 half price all the time.

10. Hookers and pizza in the skyboxes.

jordan23ventura
01-02-2004, 08:44 PM
11. Retro uniforms (the ones they wore last year circa 1908 i believe)

A. Cavatica
01-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Well, I wouldn't have bought the team unless I had room for a $200 million payroll, so I guess I would start by trading for A-Rod.

Oh, and I'd fire Ozzie.

Daver
01-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Well, I wouldn't have bought the team unless I had room for a $200 million payroll, so I guess I would start by trading for A-Rod.

Oh, and I'd fire Ozzie.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

TommyJohn
01-03-2004, 02:32 AM

I would call a press conference to announce the sale, of course.
I would tell all reporters that ours will not be an antagonistic
relationship, except for Jay Mariotti, who I would single out as
human waste material. That I would do for the sheer fun of see-
ing what creative things psycho boy would come up with in his
attempts to destroy me. Perhaps 50 or so calls at 3 AM and re-
peated mantras in his column about my failures as a person and
references to the "bad" neighborhood the park is in.

I would hire a PR firm to study ways of repairing the "image" of
the White Sox. Whether it is the team's fault or not, something
would need to be done.

I would fire Kenny Williams as GM. I'd consult baseball people
to find out who is best suited to the task of rebuilding the team
from the ground up. Let the new GM bring in his people, ones
that he trusts. I'd especially want to have the farm system
improved.

Release the following statement: "I, as a fan, suffered mightily
through the Terry Bevington era, and it left scars on me that
have not healed to this day. There is no room for morons, idiots,
half-wits, nincompoops, brain-dead doofuses, bottom-feeders,
jerks, goofs, or incompetent dead weight in my organization.
Having said that, Ozzie Guillen is hearby terminated as manager
of the Chicago White Sox. I don't have a successor in mind as of
yet, but I do know this: he will have a brain."

I would leave the naming of the next manager up to the new GM.
Having picked the man I and others feel is the most qualified, I
would trust his judgment in the matter. Money is no object.

Open up the payroll, depending on how much I and my investors
are worth. Set a decent but not extravagent limit, then explore
the best ways to spend it. Look at potential free agents and which
ones are most likely to be worth the potential investment.
Consult the GM and his people as to which positions need to be
filled.

I don't know if delcaring "war" on the Chicago Cubs is a good
idea. They have a nationwide fan following, like as not, and to
do so would earn the derision of the media as another example
of a jealous Sox fan ripping the glamorous Cubs. Penis envy, I
believe a gentleman on another site called it. No, the best way
to go about it would be simply to say "We are Chicago's Amer-
ican League team, and we are here to stay." I would push for
seven interleague games with the Cubs, rather than six. That
would settle bragging rights in case of a 3-3 tie.

My PR campaign in regards to baseball competition with the Cubs
would be subtle. I would not out-and-out hate them, but simply
try to win over as many fans as possible with our new image and
commitment to winning. Of course, I will avoid such gems as
"Chicago has always belonged to the Cubs." But allow subtle
statements to the effect that I want to beat them and enjoy
both the on-and-off the field competition with them.

Fire Rob Gallas and bring in someone with good ideas for pro-
motions. End Dog day and Elvis night, even if it means that my
cousin (who played Elvis a couple of years, including the first
time that they did it) would be out of a job.

Change the silver lining in the uni's to red, as they had it in the
1950's.

Explore the stadium issue in depth. Would it be better to keep
renovations going, or build a new park? If my fortune is vast
enough, I'd say perhaps a new park in a different location is
the answer. Which location would be the question. All options
would be explored.

I would consult Sox fans about various issues that I have men-
tioned above, but not in "polls" that no one seems to know about
but rather in the media. Sun-Times, Trib, internet, etc. Sites like
this one where a lot of fans post ideas. They would range in scope
from "how can we better serve you fans?" to "what would you like
to name our new (or renovated) ballpark?"

Mend fences with disgruntled ex-players who left in a huff.
Remind them that it is now a new organization. Carlton Fisk
would be number 1 on the list.

Do more to promote the ballclub and its history. Go all out to
remind everyone that the Black Sox scandal happened nearly
a century ago and all the major participants are dead. There
is so much more to the history of the team, if not World Series
titles.

Consult Boob Costas on ways we can end our "just punishment"
that he hath decreed we are suffering for our sins of greed and
avarice. Perhaps he could bless home plate of the new park
with Mickey Mantle's jock, just as soon as he gets done sniffing
it.

Lastly, and perhaps I should've posted this in the press con-
ference paragraph, announce that the Chicago White Sox
are committed to putting the best baseball team possible on
the field and our number one goal is bringing multiple
World Series Championships to the city and to the fans.

StillMissOzzie
01-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
I would call a press conference to announce the sale, of course.
I would tell all reporters that ours will not be an antagonistic
relationship, except for Jay Mariotti, who I would single out as
human waste material. That I would do for the sheer fun of see-
ing what creative things psycho boy would come up with in his
attempts to destroy me. Perhaps 50 or so calls at 3 AM and re-
peated mantras in his column about my failures as a person and
references to the "bad" neighborhood the park is in.

Release the following statement: "I, as a fan, suffered mightily
through the Terry Bevington era, and it left scars on me that
have not healed to this day. There is no room for morons, idiots,
half-wits, nincompoops, brain-dead doofuses, bottom-feeders,
jerks, goofs, or incompetent dead weight in my organization.
Having said that, Ozzie Guillen is hearby terminated as manager
of the Chicago White Sox. I don't have a successor in mind as of
yet, but I do know this: he will have a brain."

Consult Boob Costas on ways we can end our "just punishment"
that he hath decreed we are suffering for our sins of greed and
avarice. Perhaps he could bless home plate of the new park
with Mickey Mantle's jock.

LOL!! LMAO!!!

SMO

oldcomiskey
01-03-2004, 09:51 AM
I was just thinking about this the other day-----first I would sign Valentin to a 2 year extention, then I would go to Ordonez agent and tell him my final offer---if he didnt take that--I would have him traded the next day
then I would be working the phones trying to shop Konerko for a pitcher--maybe to cleveland for sabathia if the Indians would take it--then I go out and sign Palmeiro for one year..the Sox really messed up by letting Daubach walk especially if they were gonna trade Paulie anyway
If Magglio was traded, I would be out making a strong offer to Vladamir Guerrerro, if I didnt get him then I would see who the next strongest is--Juan Gonzales, which would give us the worst defensive OF in the majors but I would tell the press and anybody else that would listen that Jerry left this club in a shambles
the CF question would not be adressed with Rowand in CF and the 2b would not be Willie Harris at the same time because if Rowand got hurt then Harris is your backup and then you would be hurtiing for a 2b, worse than we are now Im saying
how to adress cf? that would be a challenge---but if Ordonez would not be here I would offer him to Cincinnati for Griffey. If Jr. is still accident prone I would have a backup plan--maybe do like the Cubs did last year and bring somebody in
Willie Harris would be the 2b by default
Still needing one pitcher I would kiss Scott Boras ass until we were friends then would offer Maddux a two year deal.
As far as managment went I would give Kenny an open checkbook and say here it is you got two years to make a world series and 5 to win one

vegyrex
01-03-2004, 03:03 PM
I'd have girls from Hooters at all the concession stands. :)

Then I'd I'd fire Ozzie. :D:

ondafarm
01-03-2004, 04:06 PM

My first move would be to call up WGN and ask how many games I can get on the superstation next year. I'll be hiring a new TV broadcasters pair and I know the Cubs have head to head rights, but I want as many games as possible on free TV nationwide. The bigger fan base, the more likely you are to be profitable.

Second, re-sign Mags.

Third, fire KW and bring in a pro.

Fourth, call Carlton Fisk and ask him to be a roving catchers coach, throughout the organization.

CubKilla
01-03-2004, 05:41 PM

Organizational

1.) Fire KW, hire replacement
2.) Fire Rob Gallas, hire replacement
3.) Open up a communication between White Sox fans and myself, since I'm the owner :D: . This includes opening up the books on the White Sox franchise as it is when JR sold it to me. Marketing ideas would also be encouraged that fans think will better the attendance.
4.) Complete rumored renovations to USCF.
5.) Sign a player Sox fans can get excited about ASAP after purchase of team (Ponson/Maddux).

Public Relations

6.) Half-priced..... SATURDAYS..... for family's of 4 or more w/children. Saturday's are the day when a family can actually come out to the ballpark and not have to work the next day. A section(s) in each ticket pricing area of USCF will be especially set aside for family's where they can be seated at their request where no alcohol will be served. Half-priced hotdogs will accompany every half-price night..... including the kept half-priced Mondays as they currently are.
7.) Friday Nights will become the nights for Fireworks Night.
8.) One Thursday a month will be Lady's Night (Women 18 and over get in for half-price).
9.) Market the Bullpen Sports Bar for once on TV since it has been at USCF since it's inception and not many people, outside of the diehards, know about it.
10.) Attempt to get more games on WGN.

SpringfldFan
01-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

3.) Open up a communication between White Sox fans and myself, since I'm the owner :D: . This includes opening up the books on the White Sox franchise as it is when JR sold it to me. Marketing ideas would also be encouraged that fans think will better the attendance.

Bravo! I had similar thoughts myself. I too would open the books to the fans. I would go even one step further. I would promise to open the books each and every offseason. I would do it during a press conference so the fans know once and for all every last piece of income and expense. They would have no doubt then that my payroll is justified. In fact, the conference would be an open forum. The press and fans would be free to bring up any item they think I overlooked or didn't account for in the books. After all, anyone can throw numbers out and say they are real, but how do you know it is the truth? By giving them a forum I have to answer for, Sox fans would be confident that the numbers I give them are the real thing.

Daver
01-03-2004, 10:21 PM
Bravo! I had similar thoughts myself. I too would open the books to the fans. I would go even one step further. I would promise to open the books each and every offseason. I would do it during a press conference so the fans know once and for all every last piece of income and expense. They would have no doubt then that my payroll is justified. In fact, the conference would be an open forum. The press and fans would be free to bring up any item they think I overlooked or didn't account for in the books. After all, anyone can throw numbers out and say they are real, but how do you know it is the truth? By giving them a forum I have to answer for, Sox fans would be confident that the numbers I give them are the real thing.

MLB would never allow it.

Frater Perdurabo
01-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Daver
MLB would never allow it.

If you just opened up the books in a hastily-called press conference, what would Selig do? Excommunicate the owner? Ban him or her from baseball for life?

The PR disaster from such a move would so explode in Selig's face that he would have no choice but to back down.

Cubsfan
01-05-2004, 10:01 AM
I was having a few beers with a buddy back in June of 99. (Cubs suck -- Sox? who cares) Looking at Cleveland fading with solid young players and a strong minor league system and looking at the Cubs and their obsession with stock piling pitching I predicted a Chicago decade in baseball. I could even see another 1908 when the series was all Chicago.

Since I've had no time to prepare for a front office overhaul I would be content to sit in on meetings and just listen. Publicly, I would announce a significant payroll increase for 2004. Privately, I would tell Williams to see what he could put on the field for about 70 mil and let him know that he's got another 5 -10 mil at his disposal to fill holes during the year. These are not hard limits, merely targets.

I'd also put a gag order on talking about the Cubs. The organization's objective is to field a winning team, let that fill the seats, let that determine future payroll increases and let the bigger stadium allow us to out draw the Cubs. The attitude is "let the Cubs worry about us".

voodoochile
01-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Cubsfan
I was having a few beers with a buddy back in June of 99. (Cubs suck -- Sox? who cares) Looking at Cleveland fading with solid young players and a strong minor league system and looking at the Cubs and their obsession with stock piling pitching I predicted a Chicago decade in baseball. I could even see another 1908 when the series was all Chicago.

Since I've had no time to prepare for a front office overhaul I would be content to sit in on meetings and just listen. Publicly, I would announce a significant payroll increase for 2004. Privately, I would tell Williams to see what he could put on the field for about 70 mil and let him know that he's got another 5 -10 mil at his disposal to fill holes during the year. These are not hard limits, merely targets.

I'd also put a gag order on talking about the Cubs. The organization's objective is to field a winning team, let that fill the seats, let that determine future payroll increases and let the bigger stadium allow us to out draw the Cubs. The attitude is "let the Cubs worry about us".

Just to be picky, the All Chicago Series was in 1906 and the Sox won.

Cubsfan
01-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Ok, so the South took the 1st and the north the next two .. it really doesn't matter.

The point is, if I some how found myself as the owner of the Sox I would kill the word Cubs. If the team dominates the AL Central (which it could without being pricey) it has the stadium capacity to over take the Cubs. Take care of your own business and let the fans cherp on about whatever they want.

Hangar18
01-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Cubsfan
Ok, so the South took the 1st and the north the next two .. it really doesn't matter.

not to be picky either, but I dont think the cubs have Ever
beaten the Sox in a WS. good plan otherwise......
Feasible and within reason

Cubsfan
01-06-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
not to be picky either, but I dont think the cubs have Ever
beaten the Sox in a WS. good plan otherwise......
Feasible and within reason

That much I did know.

Frater Perdurabo
01-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Realist
Oh please Lord God let "Frater" be girl's name because I think I just fell in love with this poster.

Sorry, Frater is a man. A straight and married man....

:)