PDA

View Full Version : Where does Rowand fit in in 2002?

beausox
07-23-2001, 10:46 PM
We know Borchard won't be up this year, because of the possible labor stoppage. Assuming he is ready for 2002 and we don't trade Mags, we will then have Lee in left, Borchard in CF and Mags in RF. Aaron Rownad has shown he deserves a shot at starting. Him being only 24, he is very tradeable after waht he has done so far, being so young and so talented it would be a shame if he became a fourth or fifth OFer. Thats what Julio Ramirez and Chris Singleton are for.

Tragg
07-23-2001, 10:54 PM
Well, you have just made the argument for trading lee or konerko.

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2001, 10:58 PM
Carlos has a bigger upside then Konerko.

:walnuts
Now that's not fair to say

:hitless
I have a big upside to!

doublem23
07-23-2001, 10:58 PM
I doubt that Borchard will be up for 2002.

Soxheads
07-23-2001, 11:07 PM
this is why i would like to see :slowswing traded...sorry CLR01

doublem23
07-23-2001, 11:13 PM
Right. Someone has to go, whether it be Liefer, Rowand, Lee, Konerko, Maggs, Singleton, or Borchard.

Iguana775
07-24-2001, 10:34 AM
i'd hate to see any of those guys go but if it got us a good catcher or SS in return, i'd be all for it.....even if it was paulie or lee.

kermittheefrog
07-24-2001, 11:06 AM
I really have to object here. 33 plate appearances does not prove Rowand belongs on the roster. Nonetheless I think he'd make a good 4th outfielder for us. He really isn't a starter, look at his minor league numbers. Anyone can hit as well as he has in such a small sample size. Derek Bell had some of the best numbers in the NL after April of last year. Yes, DEREK BELL.

Joel Perez
07-24-2001, 11:37 AM
According to ESPN, Jerry Manuel was stated as saying that "Aaron Rowand is one of the best corner outfielders on our team today". That means left field or right field, and we all know who's occupying their now.

Can someone say "blockbuster trade" in the works?

Aaron has really improved his value this year, especially with the hitting at AAA Charlotte and up here so far. His power "potential" is what appeals to the ChiSox brass too.

I hate to say it--either Lee, Ordonez, or Rowand has to go. And if one or more do go, then KW better get equal value in return.

kermittheefrog
07-24-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
I hate to say it--either Lee, Ordonez, or Rowand has to go. And if one or more do go, then KW better get equal value in return.

Rowand isn't nearly in Lee or Magglio's caliber. It's a ridiculous thing to suggest over 33 plate appearances he's anywhere near Maggs or Carlos. Rowand doesn't have the kind of minor league track record they had. His minor league record sucks. He has no plate discipline and eventually will show that in the majors. If some fool GM is crazy enough to give us Maggs or Carlos' value for Rowand take it.

Clarkdog
07-24-2001, 05:04 PM
From ESPN.com:

Singleton ponders future

Chris Singleton believes his days with the White Sox are just about numbered. The last straw was the promotion of Aaron Rowand, who is swinging a good bat. "You've got Aaron and a guy like (Joe) Borchard that's closer to the big league level. The last two years, what we had is what we had," Singleton told the Daily Southtown. "I look at it like this: I'm going to play somewhere and sometime. I can't foresee next year or the year after how things are going to shake down." With the trade deadline fast approaching, Singleton could be dealt. "If I am traded, I won't look at it as a bad thing. It's life."

:slowswing

I'll miss you all.