PDA

View Full Version : David Wells Set To Signs With Padres

soxfan26
12-31-2003, 04:09 AM
According to the New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/44335.htm) on-line.

They said he walked away from a minor league offer from the Yanks to play for his hometown Padres.

It's believed Wells will sign with the Padres for a $1.5 to $1.75 million base with the chance to double that through incentives.

The Critic
12-31-2003, 08:32 AM
They can HAVE him.
He hasn't pitched in the NL before, has he?
That might buy him a few good starts until the NL hitters figure out that slow curve.
Unless, of course, he shows up in his usual physical condition and has to spend time on the DL for his back....again....

Baby Fisk
12-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Didn't he get a case of the gout a while back? You know it's time to pack it in when...

:XL

"When what? You didn't finish the sentence, man. Hey, you gonna eat that? urrrrp."

Brian26
12-31-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by The Critic
They can HAVE him.
He hasn't pitched in the NL before, has he?

He has pitched for the Reds.

CubKilla
12-31-2003, 01:01 PM
I must be one of the few Sox fans that would rather pay D Wells what the Sox will probably end up paying Schoenweiss to be our number 4.

Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland, D Wells, and "X" looks a whole lot better to me then MB, EL, JG, Schoenweiss, and "X".

JMHO though.

Paulwny
12-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Wells signed by the padres, $1.25 mil with incentives which could go as high as $7 mil.

Brian26
12-31-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I must be one of the few Sox fans that would rather pay D Wells what the Sox will probably end up paying Schoenweiss to be our number 4.

F him.

He's a cancer. Give me a young kid like Cotts anyday of the week than having to deal with this guy's crap. We already learned our lesson once.

DirtySouthsider
01-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
F him.

He's a cancer. Give me a young kid like Cotts anyday of the week than having to deal with this guy's crap. We already learned our lesson once.

I agree. The guy is a fat ticking time bomb....just when you need a big start from him his back will go out.

RKMeibalane
01-01-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm trying not to laugh even as I imagine him running the bases.

Brian26
01-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'm trying not to laugh even as I imagine him running the bases.

Hahahaha. Good point. Maybe Bud will institute the designated runner this year for the NL. Wells might be the only guy in baseball slower than PK.

MHOUSE
01-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Glad to see him out of the AL and away from the Yankees. I like their new rotation minus not having Petitte there. Clemens was old, Wells is fat cancer, and Weaver just sucked.

Mussina
Vasquez
Brown
Contreras
??

VeeckAsInWreck
01-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
Glad to see him out of the AL and away from the Yankees. I like their new rotation minus not having Petitte there. Clemens was old, Wells is fat cancer, and Weaver just sucked.

Mussina
Vasquez
Brown
Contreras
??

It looks like the ?? for the Yanks #5 spot will be Jon Lieber. He looks to be healthy again.

At this rate, the Sox would be lucky to bring back Mike Sirotka or James Baldwin. :(: